IGNORED

New Away Kit

South Bristol Red

It looks ok...

Recently when we played Norwich, it crossed my mind, that there appeared to be more Norwich players on the pitch than city players. What occured to me was it was just down to the bright yellow shirts and how much easier it must be for players to pick out their team mates out of the corner of the eye..

Lets hope the hi viz shirts help us out in this regard. (Remember the notorious grey away shirts that Manure disliked so much that they changed at half time as they could not pick out their team mates)

though it would be annoying if that pass went straght into a brightly yellowed steward on the outside of the pitch thinking it was one of the players. D'oh

As long as its got a City badge on it. What colours or style would you want then??

Traditional stuff. Red at home white away and certainly no blue, ever. The blue scum never wear red and we don't do blue. But I guess if they don't change it every year how can the club get the sheep to wander to the shop part with 40 holes. Buy it if wont to look like you should be putting cones out on the M4.

Whilst it's a wry commendable notion to hand over the sponsorship to a charity, can we now take the clubs stance on cutting finances and making it profitable seriously?

Shirt sponsorship is a potentially massive revenue stream and I really don't see the logic in giving that away, especially for a charity that isn't really going to benefit from national coverage as nobody outside Bristol will give a flying ****.

Like the yellow, was my second choice behind P&L

Traditional stuff. Red at home white away and certainly no blue, ever. The blue scum never wear red and we don't do blue. But I guess if they don't change it every year how can the club get the sheep to wander to the shop part with 40 holes. Buy it if wont to look like you should be putting cones out on the M4.

Well , we'll have to agree to disagree. I dont see a problem with having a bit of blue on our AWAY shirt. As long as the home shirts are red , I really dont mind what the away ones are.

I wont be buying it mind , I'm over 40 and dont have the right shape stomach to get away with football shirts !!!

As an after thought. Man Utd are famous for wearing Red , White & Black yet there nearest rivals (Man City) wear a Red , White & Black away kit. In fact its there most iconic kit...

Colours that don't instantly cut down the market. Rovers don't add red to their kits.

Does everyone associate Navy Blue with Rovers?? Will you (or others) really not buy it because of a bit of blue??

I suppose we are all different and have different opinions of these things. If I was a younger man with a less full figure , I would probably buy it. If they bring out Navy polo's I might get one. As I said earlier , as long as its got our badge on thats good enough for me.

I think it looks great. Not bothered about the blue. I like the football image with an arrow pointing up innocent06.gif.

I will be interested to see what a long-sleeved shirt looks like. It might be too yellow. Or has Keith banned sleeves?

Whilst it's a wry commendable notion to hand over the sponsorship to a charity, can we now take the clubs stance on cutting finances and making it profitable seriously?

Shirt sponsorship is a potentially massive revenue stream and I really don't see the logic in giving that away, especially for a charity that isn't really going to benefit from national coverage as nobody outside Bristol will give a flying ****.

Like the yellow, was my second choice behind P&L

Shirt sponsorship really isn't that lucrative as it used to be. How do we know that the club have one lined up for the home shirt?

Sound, might as well adapt some quaters in various colours then. As long as the city badge is on it who cares, right?

Yeah, because this new kit is almost exactly the same as selecting quarters as our style of kit!!

There is Blue and then there is Blue. This VERY dark blue trim has nothing whatsoever to do with Rovers!

Get a grip!

You clearly have issue with people parting with £40, through their own choice, for a good quality piece of sportswear, for some reason.

Football shirts are generally good value for money, in that they last for many years wear. You would pay £40 - £100 for a decent polo shirt anywhere. Do you complain that come the Autumn, when RL, Lacoste, Fred Perry, etc bring out their new seasonal range that the one you might have puched becomes unwearable?!

Perhaps you would prefer it if we were the only club in the country to not bring out new shirts and generate revenue...?

Sound, might as well adapt some quaters in various colours then. As long as the city badge is on it who cares, right?

Yeh , pretty much. I would obviously rather we never went own the quarters route but at the end of the day , it's a football shirt. I'm not going to lose much sleep over it.

Also , I'm pretty sure the club released a rugby style shirt some years back , and that was red and white quarters. (Didn't buy that either)

Actually they had a pink kit a few years ago, pink being a light shade of red. We have a navy trim, a very dark shade of blue. You really need to get out more son.

Does everyone associate Navy Blue with Rovers?? Will you (or others) really not buy it because of a bit of blue??

Numerous people do and the answer would be yes. Do you think you think blue and yellow scarves would sell well. If the answers no why choose any away kit that cuts down on commercial opportunities.

Blue is the colour of Rovers and has been for fifty years, this is tradition being changed.

I don't mind the style of the shirts cut, the yellow and the new sponsor or even adidas but for me it won't be a classic kit when there is blue (regardless of shade) eye for minor detail and the little things that will tick some fans off, black trim and shorts would have given a happy day, but if people like it thats their choice, mine is lose the blue, be a bit like the 80's yellow and black hirerite kit ;)

Blue to some is a red rag to a bull and i can't really see yellow and blue flags being waved or hung up in the EE or around away grounds, yellow and blue army?????.

Yellow and black trim and black shorts, if that was blue back then in the 80's there would be panic on the streets of BS3

230197_5890022513_666857513_230983_4741_n.jpg

Numerous people do and the answer would be yes. Do you think you think blue and yellow scarves would sell well. If the answers no why choose any away kit that cuts down on commercial opportunities.

Blue is the colour of Rovers and has been for fifty years, this is tradition being changed.

Man Utd have blue away kits (trim or main colour). A cut down in commercial opportunities :tumbleweed: :tumbleweed: :tumbleweed:

Get real.

Shirt sponsorship really isn't that lucrative as it used to be. How do we know that the club have one lined up for the home shirt?

Well the last one was a "record" so it can't be that small surely?

No doubt that there is a sponsor for the home shirts, I just don't understand how the club can make a big deal out of our losses and how financially unstable we are as a business then throw away income for a charity that won't see any benefit.

If it had been a larger charity that would actually benefit from national exposure then it would be a different matter, but what possible benefit is there for a small local charity to being seen in a national newspaper or on a shirt playing in Leeds?

like i say, a very commendable notion, but not one that makes sense in my eyes on many different levels.

Yeah, because this new kit is almost exactly the same as selecting quarters as our style of kit!!

There is Blue and then there is Blue. This VERY dark blue trim has nothing whatsoever to do with Rovers!

Get a grip!

You clearly have issue with people parting with £40, through their own choice, for a good quality piece of sportswear, for some reason.

Football shirts are generally good value for money, in that they last for many years wear. You would pay £40 - £100 for a decent polo shirt anywhere. Do you complain that come the Autumn, when RL, Lacoste, Fred Perry, etc bring out their new seasonal range that the one you might have puched becomes unwearable?!

Perhaps you would prefer it if we were the only club in the country to not bring out new shirts and generate revenue...?

I've a problem with people being fleeced, whether that's boozer putting up their prices on match days or paying OTT prices for polyester. But effing blue, boll ocks to that! Buy it, look like an over grown school kid, your choice

Branding, generating revenue, customers not supporters, what a load of old crap. just remove the club part from football and install franchise and be done with.

I agree with Jordan.

We are tightening our belts - can't spend like we used to - must manage finances better.... oh we wont bother with away sponsorship.

However little it is - its something.

I've a problem with people being fleeced, whether that's boozer putting up their prices on match days or paying OTT prices for polyester. But effing blue, boll ocks to that! Buy it, look like an over grown school kid, your choice

Here's one for you - if people don't want to spend £40 on a kit, they don't have to!

Not sure wether blue scarves would sell , maybe the club could bring a few out and see how it goes. As for tradition being changed , we actually wore blue socks and shorts in our early years (see link below).

As for people not buying the shirt , I guess the proof will be in the pudding. If away shirts sales this year are massively down on last year , then the club will have learned a lesson , if not , it maybe that people have been attracted to something a bit different.

Anyway , its all about opinions , and I like it.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Bristol_City/Bristol_City.htm

Ok, just a reminder to all our fans who are disgusted by the little bit of blue that they perceive "the other lot" to wear - City's first ever kit had blue in it, and that was long before the Gash adopted their blue and white quarters.

If people really want to get funny about things, then City shouldn't wear Black or Yellow as the Gashes first ever kit was black with a yellow sash.

I have a feeling this is going to show up in a 'worst kits' collection at some point in the not too distant future...

Yellow and blue together just looks wrong, the sponsor just doesn't look right either, too big and too high on the shirt; also appears to be at an angle for a decent amount of the pictures, sloping upwards from left to right, leaving a unbalanced amount of 'dead space' between the sponsor and adidas logo on one side and the badge on the other.

First impression, its really quite unpleasing to the eye, not happy with very much about the kit at all

Luckily I don't buy the shirt, so I'm probably not the target market... maybe it'll look good against the slightly jaundiced skin of the 40+ beer belly crew its most likely aimed at*

On the upside, unless were playing on a pitch of daises and dandelions the kit will definitely stand out

*these opinions are not a genuine representation of all fans who will buy a shirt, and that very few, if any of the fans will suffer from jaundiced skin through alcohol consumption by age 40. 94th Minute inc. extends its sympathies to any fans suffering jaundiced skin due to other liver conditions, and would like to apologise for any of offense caused

Oh dear God grow up, it's a practically black TRIM on an away kit one year out of 114. It's not the colour of Rovers. Get a grip.

Grow up? leave it out, if it's not peoples cup of tea then they should be allowed to express that view as those who do like it,

color with kits in football can be trible now as some has said rovers are blue city are red and both sets of fans are proud of that fact, so i understand it ticks some fans off when blue crosses in to Bristol city no matter how small a deal that is for some, you like it fair enough but the blue is not my cup of tea.

Emperor's new clothes spring to mind.

With regards to the sponsor on the new kit, is it not possible that this is actually a good sign for the state of the club's finances from the people who actually know what they're dealing with? Everyone claims to know X or has heard Y and the Evening Post prints Z (and additional forum chatter) but the people who are within the club's hierarchy obviously feel happy enough with our financial position that they can pass up what must be at least decent money for an away shirt sponsor. Considering that our new board are looking to stand on their own two feet and not ask Uncle Steve for a bail out I would suggest that our money situation is at worst managable and at best reasonably healthy.

As for the blue I didn't even notice it was blue first off. As blues go it couldn't really be further from Rovers blue, its a navy and I really don't see the connection or problem? Each to their own I guess.

Archived