IGNORED

New Away Kit

South Bristol Red

If it had been a larger charity that would actually benefit from national exposure then it would be a different matter, but what possible benefit is there for a small local charity to being seen in a national newspaper or on a shirt playing in Leeds?

Little to none as far as I can see, however it isnt a national audience that the club are looking to sweeten, is it?

The fact the club have taken this action should only hearten people at our financial state and, ultimately, if it brings support among local corners the financial benefits will be a 30,000 seater stadium in Ashton Vale.

I can confirm that next seasons home kit will be red, but probably sponsored by Bristol Blue Glass

Glad we didnt go for Yellow and green, to many similarities to this...

Jeff-Hughes-Goal-Charlton-v-Bristol-Rovers_2388926.jpg

edit - this was sent to me by a saghead who I work with, asking if we were using one of their old kits!!

• Admin

Would Villa or Liverpool have royal blue in any of their kits ?, would Glasgow Rangers wear green ?.

Whats going on, next season they will have us playing in red and white quarters, these marketing people have not got a clue !!

As Guy Price has ALREADY stated Bristol City is not a football club it is a BRAND !.

Perhaps it is time people look deeper into the club, research the history and find out what the fans want, not "oh that looks good in blue, perhaps they won"t mind",

Ok, just a reminder to all our fans who are disgusted by the little bit of blue that they perceive "the other lot" to wear - City's first ever kit had blue in it, and that was long before the Gash adopted their blue and white quarters.

If people really want to get funny about things, then City shouldn't wear Black or Yellow as the Gashes first ever kit was black with a yellow sash.

Two seperate clubs then and Black shorts were Bedminster fc, Bristol southend wore red and blue shorts but when the two clubs merged Bristol city fc wore red and white in 1897 and so on with a change of shorts from red, black and white through the years. Granted they wore blue shirts in the FA Cup final in 1909 and i recall they wore blue as they forgot the away kit one year and had to wear the home team they were playing, away kit (being blue), there was that blue and gold kit at wembley vs stoke (ughhh) but i don't recall city wearing vast amount blue in a kit for a full season.

Roots of ashton gate and kit is with Bedminster fc

Bedminster fc 1892-1900

BED.jpg

Bristol south ends 1894-95 kit lasted just 1 season

BED1.jpg

http://www.historica...ristol_City.htm

I can confirm that next seasons home kit will be red, but probably sponsored by Bristol Blue Glass

Glad we didnt go for Yellow and green, to many similarities to this...

Jeff-Hughes-Goal-Charlton-v-Bristol-Rovers_2388926.jpg

edit - this was sent to me by a saghead who I work with, asking if we were using one of their old kits!!

Is that Norwich?

Also, Bristol Blue Glass?? So our shirts will say 'Bristol Blue' on them, what sponsor will we have on the back 'Bristol Gas Works'??

This post is purely in gest, to be associated with one of the better brands to come out of Bristol would be amazing, far better than Bristol Trade Centre, that's for sure

Little to none as far as I can see, however it isnt a national audience that the club are looking to sweeten, is it?

The fact the club have taken this action should only hearten people at our financial state and, ultimately, if it brings support among local corners the financial benefits will be a 30,000 seater stadium in Ashton Vale.

I'll be heartened if the club stop talking about it, If they continue to go on about tightening the purse-strings then this particular action will piss me off good and proper.

Absolutely love it. Away kits are mean to be crazy rather than the boring efforts we've seen from the last few years. Why worry about what colour some small local lower league team wears?

I wish the club had had the bottle to properly commemorate the 100th anniversary of our FA Cup final appearance a few years back.

City Fans Go Ga-Ga for Yellow AND Blue

New Shirt Instant Success

Bristol City today unveiled the new away kit for next season in an unveiling of magnitude not seen since the days when an old Italian painter whipped off the silk shroud covering the face of an ugly miserable bint from Florence.

In a drastic departure for the BS3 club, they have shockingly revealed that the change strip for the club will be yellow shirts, with blue shorts. Fans, surprisingly, have overwhelmingly welcomed the move, heralding a new era for the Bedminster club in forging closer relations with their fans, namely those North of the river.

We contacted Chief-Executive in waiting, Mr Guy Price for comment.

“ We have been working on re-branding the tired red and white strip for a while now and feel that after various consultative processes with focus groups, marketing companies and business strategists, that we need to widen our appeal to encapsulate waivering supporters from North of the river.

We felt that by incorporating blue into our away kit initially, we could get at least 20 of the blue few to switch allegiances to the righteous. We shall be unveiling the home strip which shall be mainly blue with a tint of red in the coming weeks.

Our future strategy is to have our shirts completely blue, with some white quarters, which is my idea, as to be frank, it really brings out the blue in Colins eyes. God he’s sexy.”

When pressed about future sales predictions of the new away shirt, Guy let out a rip-roaring laugh, followed by a silent but deadly fart.

“ We have budgeted for selling 20,000 units in the initial six months post-launch, and a further 60,000 during the life-span of the product. The promise of being in the clubs official team photo will sway those uncertain of our future plans into being good little consumers, I mean fans”.

To gauge the reaction on the ground, we sent under-cover reporter Kevinsmabbutspubes to infiltrate the popular fans forum, Only T-w*ts Idolise Blue, but we have not seen, heard or smelt of him since 7am this morning. He is feared dead, and leaves a goldfish and an unhealthy amount of Mens Fitness magazines in his Brentry apartment.

100202_54161.jpg

kevinmabbutspubes after his incursion into OTIb territory

Fans from the forum Our Team Is Blue, were overjoyed, and several had to be restrained by men in white jackets when we approached them for comment.

“Its dead good innit bruv. I mean Rovers play in blue yes, but the skys blue and City fans don’t mind that do they?”said a rather excitable individual.

Another added “Gert mint. I mean we sings Rovers songs for 90 minutes, even Goodnight Eileen, so we might as well look like them too.”

It is anticipated that several overweight sweaty men shall be camping outside of the club shop until the shirt goes on general sale in July.

5041932613_18971e971c.jpg

Great to see that even with the season over there's something to moan about...........looks like a striking kit and an excellent initiative on the sponsorship front. The blue few are an irrelevance, while navy is hardly their colour anyway. Well done to all involved.

I like it. Has a European look about it, like we could be some obscure Portuguese team.

Only if it was green and white hoops and had the Sporting CP crest on it. Ahahahahahaha....

I would be very surprised to see a good number of away kit sales next season...

I know everyone has their own opinion, but what is that?!?!

The yellow looks faded, the blue isn't that nice (i think the blue should be black), and the actual design is so boring.. Also the badge looks slightly out of place.

Don't get me wrong, i'm all for the community trust sponsor, but for me this is a shocking, shocking kit.

P.S. Sorry for the rant, i'm having a bad day :)

We are tightening our belts - can't spend like we used to - must manage finances better.... oh we wont bother with away sponsorship.

I wonder if we're able to go without away sponsorship because the home sponsorship next year is so lucrative AND yet flexible about their exposure.

I wonder what firm fits that category - someone who was understanding and supportive of the club to be about more than just getting a return on the investment.

What kind of firm would fit that category, but be loaded?Maybe one who have just entered the FTSE-100 as a foremost British company and want to underline their brand.

Perhaps even one whose involvement replaces a more formal association between one of their owners and the club. Ahem, this is all speculation and hardly very cryptic.

I would be very surprised to see a good number of away kit sales next season...

I know everyone has their own opinion, but what is that?!?!

The yellow looks faded, the blue isn't that nice (i think the blue should be black), and the actual design is so boring.. Also the badge looks slightly out of place.

Don't get me wrong, i'm all for the community trust sponsor, but for me this is a shocking, shocking kit.

P.S. Sorry for the rant, i'm having a bad day :)

Sorry, you're having a bad day, but I couldn't disagree with you more. I really like the yellow and think the navy blue contrasts well with it. No, hang on, I agree with you about th badge, which doesn't sit comfortably with the logo. However, I think the overall effect is excellent, and I think this will look good on the pitch. I'd buy it.

Archived