IGNORED

West Ham United

myol'man

It's all kicked off at the end of season do, rumours about that a player refused to sign an autograph stating he was too tired. Brawl ensued. Police called.

More news on SSN at mo

Seriously? Haha omg., I thought it was OUR do, of course he played their last game, Jeesus I was worried there, why would he snub our fans becuase hes joining us, that would be be weird wouldn't it?

OK i get it now. Jeez though.

From the highlights I saw of the W V W game Spence looked a bit poor. He ran up to try and take a pass, was overlooked and then seemed a bit half arsed when tracking back resulting in the second goal for the Latics. In all Carey fairness though I thought the ammers all looked a tad lethargic as if they really could not be bothered to play for the charisma bypassed Grant. Boggles the head how he ever got the job.

From the highlights I saw of the W V W game Spence looked a bit poor. He ran up to try and take a pass, was overlooked and then seemed a bit half arsed when tracking back resulting in the second goal for the Latics. In all Carey fairness though I thought the ammers all looked a tad lethargic as if they really could not be bothered to play for the charisma bypassed Grant. Boggles the head how he ever got the job.

While clearly Grant wasn't up to the job, what has charisma got to do with it? Keegan with England in Euro 2000- he had some charisma, he was enthusiastic but he was totally out of his depth tactically. It's one of the bigger characteristics of English football at times I think- thinking that charisma or passion can substitute adequately for tactical nous and knowhow. Of course, Grant has neither but it seems to me that a big characteristic in UK football has to be a charismatic, or noisy manager. Benitez lacked charisma but for the most part- i.e. 2001-2009, he has done pretty well as a coach here and Valencia. Why? Because he had tactical nous and knowhow...

While clearly Grant wasn't up to the job, what has charisma got to do with it?

I think charisma has a lot to do with leadership, charismatic leaders get more out of people who follow them because those people have more belief in the common cause and hence are happier and better motivated. Obviously it isn't the only attribute required, you need expertise too, but it does make things a lot easier. If you've worked for leaders with and without charisma you can probably see this yourself in your own reactions to them.

I think charisma has a lot to do with leadership, charismatic leaders get more out of people who follow them because those people have more belief in the common cause and hence are happier and better motivated. Obviously it isn't the only attribute required, you need expertise too, but it does make things a lot easier. If you've worked for leaders with and without charisma you can probably see this yourself in your own reactions to them.

Well yeah, you need a bit I guess. Like I say though, Benitez- hardly an inspiring character but for 8 years he did a pretty sound job at Liverpool and Valencia. Ideally the best will have a mixture of charisma and tactical nous but it's not the be all and end all by any means.Perhaps it's different in the business world. In a wider sporting context, Duncan Fletcher was not exactly charismatic or jolly- at least in public- but he seemed to get some good results out of England for a good 6 years or so.Having said all of that some charisma is indeed necessary- and he (Grant) failed miserably on both counts for the most part.

One more example- Del Bosque, Spain and ex Real coach. One of the least jolly, charismatic coaches I've seen. His results? 2 CL and 2 La Liga in 4 seasons with Real, for which he got sacked...Then WC with Spain. The point I'm trying to make is that nperhaps charisma and passion are at times overrated qualities in football, sometimes at the expense of tactical expertise.

You don't know her, so what qualifies you to say such vile things about her?

And why are you still posting on here after you promised never to darken our doors again?

have you never commentated on someone you have never met before? i'm confident you've seen a person you don't know and made a statement about them that may have been wrong at some stage. unless you're an angel.

have you never commentated on someone you have never met before? i'm confident you've seen a person you don't know and made a statement about them that may have been wrong at some stage. unless you're an angel.

I don't tend to make unpleasant and untrue allegations on an internet forum about somebody I don't know.

I'm no angel, but I know how to behave myself.

You don't know her, so what qualifies you to say such vile things about her?

And why are you still posting on here after you promised never to darken our doors again?

Aw I sorry mister, did I go went and give my darn opinion again? :farmer:

Yes I did, and I changed my mind :icecream: and what I said was never that bad c'mon be serious, there was worse stuff if i recall and even that was pretty harmless.

Aw I sorry mister, did I go went and give my darn opinion again? :farmer:

Yes I did, and I changed my mind :icecream: and what I said was never that bad c'mon be serious, there was worse stuff if i recall and even that was pretty harmless.

she did look like a £40 quid all in at the park house tho..............innocent.gif

Archived