IGNORED

Gary Johnson

cityfan

Not a chance in hell of GJ joining West Ham, despite relegation they could still attract a high profile manager with Premier League experience. Unfortunatly for GJ his last couple of jobs haven't worked out as well as he planned and is probally viewed as a league 1 manager at the best now. (Not a dig at him...just being realistic).

Not a chance in hell of GJ joining West Ham, despite relegation they could still attract a high profile manager with Premier League experience. Unfortunatly for GJ his last couple of jobs haven't worked out as well as he planned and is probally viewed as a league 1 manager at the best now. (Not a dig at him...just being realistic).

This

GJ would take them into league one. Or he'd get sacked after a month after causing arguments among himself, players and staff.

Maybe.

If only players acted like they did in previous decades and did as they were ****ing told then GJ might be able to work his magic.

Half the problem is players attempting to grow a brain and making demands.

I assume you'd have removed Brian Clough 3 weeks into his Forest tenure?

I dunno if this is a whoosh thread or not

However the double standards on this board are ridiculous

Player goes to League 1 and 2 after being released or whatever and doesnt perform and they get slated for being rubbish and not up the required standard after failing with us

An ex manager on his 2nd job after failing with us. He is now in League 2 and not performing after being in League 1 and not performing yet, is still revered for achievements 3 years ago, ( we need to move on and let it go!) Yet he still being talked about like he has some kind of merit?

Insanity

Not quite insanity - that's an over reaction.

I don't think he had enough time at Peterborough. Who's to say where things might have gone if Peterborough had a chairman with half the humanity and patience of our own SL?

There are now signs with Northampton that things are moving in the right direction.

GJ has had very few games in management since leaving us.

If he fails next season then my opinion will shift.

Oddschecker pretty much knocks this on the head!

Just some of the less likely candidates:

Holloway as low as 20s, Kinnear 80, Smith 50, Reid 10 and Benitez 20-25 in some places...

Hughton, Allardyce, Warnock, McLeish lead the betting. Di Matteo perhaps a good outside bet...

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/west-ham-specials/next-permanent-manager

Maybe.

If only players acted like they did in previous decades and did as they were ****ing told then GJ might be able to work his magic.

Half the problem is players attempting to grow a brain and making demands.

I assume you'd have removed Brian Clough 3 weeks into his Forest tenure?

Problem is Brian Clough was a hard manager, but also very fair.

While GJ was not, and was very rude. Treat others how you wish to be treated really.

But I agree with your first sentence

Have mentioned it elsewhere but I have it on very good authority that Chris Hughton will be the next manager. It was mooted that he would take over about two months ago but he did not want to be seen getting another manager the sack or being the lined up replacement, which is what happened to him at Newcastle.

Last time I checked the odds they were 9-2.

Irish Red

Archived