IGNORED

Emile Hesky

Robbored

Only a rumour but I heard Heskey's name linked to City last night.

He's 33 now and probably has one or two season's left. Could be quite a force in the Championship.

I dont think i would be hugely excited if this happened, he just seems to be to "nice" - I think he plays 1 or 2 games per season where he get himself wound up and is unplayable, but should have done that more in his career. on the flip side, for him to work, he would need to play along side an out and out goalscorer, which we can obviously provide.

would rather spend his wages elsewhere on the team i reckon.

Robbered, this has been on footy rumours so not sure if that's where the person got it who told you. If wages were right, wouldn't be that bad however would prefer them to be spent on a creative mid

I dont think i would be hugely excited if this happened, he just seems to be to "nice" - I think he plays 1 or 2 games per season where he get himself wound up and is unplayable, but should have done that more in his career. on the flip side, for him to work, he would need to play along side an out and out goalscorer, which we can obviously provide.

would rather spend his wages elsewhere on the team i reckon.

are you having a laugh? He would piss over this league!!

As people have said it's probably nonsense but like Jamo would bring a tremendous level of experience at the very highest level to City. Think how many players for England, Owen and Rooney to name two, have been better while playing with Big Emile? As someone said Maynard and Heskey would be awesome.

Riaz is right as well he would destroy this league!

Whilst I do not for one second believe this to be true, The people who don't want Emile Heskey to play for BCFC are mentally challenged.

Too many red top reading sheep believing that just because he didn't score much he was a bad player. Use your own eyes, they are perfectly capable of assessing a footballer's true talent rather than listening to the cheap insults of rags not even worthy of toilet paper.

No chance of signing him, still one of the best target men in the country.

Whilst I do not for one second believe this to be true, The people who don't want Emile Heskey to play for BCFC are mentally challenged.

Too many red top reading sheep believing that just because he didn't score much he was a bad player. Use your own eyes, they are perfectly capable of assessing a footballer's true talent rather than listening to the cheap insults of rags not even worthy of toilet paper.

No chance of signing him, still one of the best target men in the country.

Says Dr Tansley, what a pathetic statement. Years ago football was believed to be about 'opinions' but the prawn sandwich brigade have put paid to that.

We have more than enough contracted deadwood to ship out before bringing in a striker we don't need, anyone remember Keogh last season a waste of space and a waste of money.

Says Dr Tansley, what a pathetic statement. Years ago football was believed to be about 'opinions' but the prawn sandwich brigade have put paid to that.

We have more than enough contracted deadwood to ship out before bringing in a striker we don't need, anyone remember Keogh last season a waste of space and a waste of money.

Should have specified. Those who don't think he is good enough for BCFC.

giving reasons such as wages or too many strikers already are perfectly valid... To say Emile Heskey is not good enough for BCFC is plain stupid.

Certainly not a bad player and would score for fun in the Championship but I'm not sure he's what we need. We already have a forward line that is the envy of many clubs in this league and there are other areas to consider as a higher priority.

If Maynard stays I think most games will see him paired with either Pitman or Stead dependent on the opposition. If he leaves then Pitman and Stead will be the main partnership and maybe bring in a young, cheap signing from a lower league as another option.

on what evidence?

The fact that we are a shitty little club with no history and no realistic chance of success and he is an International striker who has had several multi million pound transfers and scored plenty of goals in the "best league in the world"

That's fairly damning evidence.

I.25m apparently.

Not sure thats a good price for 33 year old.

I was intrigued there for a moment until you mentioned that sum of money. (I'm reminded of the signing of Adebola, which left many underwhelmed at the time, but I thought he subsequently made a valuable coontribution. Heskey would be a sort of up-market version of the same thing).

However, though it would be an interesting, slightly out of left field sort of development, given our limited resources it's surely not a wise investment at that price, considering his age and what he'd also be likely to cost in wages.

Colin S has again made clear the need for financial prudence. If you're right about the fee involved, I'd have to agree with those who say they'd rather see it spent elsewhere.

1) The fact that we are a shitty little club with no history and no realistic chance of success and 2) he is an International striker who has had several multi million pound transfers and 3) scored plenty of goals in the 4) "best league in the world"

That's fairly damning evidence.

1) Great bit of support, bravo.

2) There are many unexplained mystery's in life.

3) 37 in the past 7 years?

4) Don't make me laugh

The fact that we are a shitty little club with no history and no realistic chance of success

Here we go again, as I said yesterday. If I had a quid for eveytime someone on here makes a statement like the above I'd be super rich

Couple of points that make your statement inaccurate:

1) We're not a shitty little club

2) We have a history.

3) We have as much chance of success and making the prem as the likes if Watfor, Palace, Blackpool, Swindon, QPR, Ipswich etc etc etc. None of which are much bigger than us, if at all, and most similar size or smaller

Quite damning really.

Here we go again, as I said yesterday. If I had a quid for eveytime someone on here makes a statement like the above I'd be super rich

Couple of points that make your statement inaccurate:

1) We're not a shitty little club

2) We have a history.

3) We have as much chance of success and making the prem as the likes if Watfor, Palace, Blackpool, Swindon, QPR, Ipswich etc etc etc. None of which are much bigger than us, if at all, and most similar size or smaller

Quite damning really.

In the eyes of the rest of the footballing world, we are insignificant. We're pretty insignificant to the people of the south-west too.(Can't fill a stadium, take nobody to away games, Man U shirts on in every pub) In respect to signing a former international, Champions League playing, Uefa Cup winning, FA cup winning near enough £30m worth of transfer fees striker, we are about as small as they come.

It's not about "support" I'd support the club in League 2. It's realism. Maybe if there was a bit more realism then we wouldn't have the "sack the manager" threads if we're not in the top half...

Archived