IGNORED

Emile Hesky

Robbored

you're quite brilliant at taking whatever you want to read from peoples posts and using it to make a point... Ever thought about a career in the gutter press?

Carry on ignoring the point, and playing the pathetic point scoring game.:fastasleep:

Somthing you do most of the time. :facepalm:

Interesting, maybe he does, maybe he doesnt... maybe he thinks the same about you too? maybe not? who knows, i dont, do you......? :facepalm:

Great comeback!!

Now I think I'll leave you to squabble with Jordan!

Not a chance in hell.

Heskey will get Prem offers and we don't need a £30-40k a week 33 yr old non goalscorer.

We will be spending our money better than that.

As for the rest of it, why don't you swap all emails and send each other love letters, that way we don't have to have your love triangle clogging up the football board.

I wouldn't mind heskey but I don't see the point in spend 1.5 million on a 33 year old who commands massive wages,

He doesn't score that many but he holds the ball well and brings others into the game and is a good target man,

But we have stead in that department so I don't see why he would be needed, we have 2 goal scorers Pitman and Maynard 1 target man stead and 1 egnima Clarkson we are sorted up front for the first time in god knows how long,

Saying that if he was free and took a massive wage cut like James did I wouldn't say no

Attributes of a striker.

1. Goal scoring ability1 out of 10 (has averaged just over 5 a season for past 7 years).

2. Good in the air. 5 out of 10 (good with flick on's, awful at attacking the ball).

3. Strong holds the ball up well. 6 out of 10 (probably the best part of his game, but too often can be bullied).

4. Pace. 3 out of 10 these days.

5. Good centre of balance. 2 out of 10 (laughable for a guy of his athletic physique.

6. Ability to bring others into the game. 5 out of 10 (as long as it's simple, he's ok).

When actually compared to Stead, Stead is a better player (these days). I really believe this is one of those "he's a Premier League player and an international player" he fits the bill, although not an international I seem to remember many on here saying that when we signed Hunt and saying that "this is the type of player we should be signing, not crap wingers from Barnet".

For the record, all four of you are on a par as the worst posters going. OriginalRed tips it in my opinion.

Maybe you could all stay in here spouting your childish bollocks in a nothing thread so that the rest of the forum can continue to be rubbish without you.

Emile Heskey? Far far too good for us.

For the record, all four of you are on a par as the worst posters going. OriginalRed tips it in my opinion.

Maybe you could all stay in here spouting your childish bollocks in a nothing thread so that the rest of the forum can continue to be rubbish without you.

Here, here!

Just an ego trip for pathetic keyboard warriors!:tumbleweed:

Four? :surrender:

I think we've often seen that a lack of "goalscoring ability" at Prem level does not equal a lack of "goalscoring ability" at Championship level.

You maybe right there, but I find it funny that when we signed Stead his lack of goals tally was the main reason many posters were against his signing in fact the word journeyman cropped up a lot I seem to remember.

On Footy Rumours -

09 Jun 2011 00:50:49

Emile Heskey is set so sign as a pacey striker to feed of Jason Scotland, also in other news Enoch Showunmi will be shown round portman road tomorrow with a view to a move, if this deal fails to materialise Kayode Odejayi will be the man to fill 20 goal a season striker we so badly need

Now I would definitley fear Ipswich with an upfront force of Heskey and Enoch :laugh:

Brad, I have heard a similar rumour involving Denning and Phillips re-signing, keep it under ur hat.

timestamp='1307605421' post='1384766']

On Footy Rumours -

09 Jun 2011 00:50:49

Emile Heskey is set so sign as a pacey striker to feed of Jason Scotland, also in other news Enoch Showunmi will be shown round portman road tomorrow with a view to a move, if this deal fails to materialise Kayode Odejayi will be the man to fill 20 goal a season striker we so badly need

Now I would definitley fear Ipswich with an upfront force of Heskey and Enoch :laugh:

For me, this sums up Heskey in a few short sentences and explains exactly why he wouldn't be worth the wages...

Emile Heskey (England) 59 caps, 7 goals.

Rene Higuita (Colombia) 68 caps, 8 goals.

Jose Luis Chilavert (Paraguay) 74 caps, 8 goals.

Unlucky Emile, the other two are goalkeepers...

For me, this sums up Heskey in a few short sentences and explains exactly why he wouldn't be worth the wages...

Emile Heskey (England) 59 caps, 7 goals.

Rene Higuita (Colombia) 68 caps, 8 goals.

Jose Luis Chilavert (Paraguay) 74 caps, 8 goals.

Unlucky Emile, the other two are goalkeepers...

And for me, the fact that he has played for England that many times under many different managers explains exactly why he would be worth the wages and that it's more than likely that the fans miss something that the managers see.

And for me, the fact that he has played for England that many times under many different managers explains exactly why he would be worth the wages and that it's more than likely that the fans miss something that the managers see.

Exactly. People seem hell bent on regarding Heskey as a poor player (probably because they mindlessly gobble up any old sh|t redtops put out, but that's an issue for another forum) regardless of how well he performs on the pitch.

Anyway, anyone saying that they would not have Heskey here (regardless of any hypothetical wages) is, as far as I'm concerned, blinkered.

Not that he'd ever come here of course, but hey David James and all that.

I was going to make a point that my last post was a joke copied of a certain website and that clearly he is a Premier League quality player. Personally, I don't like his style of play but know full well he is too good for us as a player - goalscorer or not, and think that people who believe otherwise are being incredibly naive. However, I didn't think I would have to point out the obvious. Sadly, too many people take too many posts too seriously on this forum, it's turned into an all on all bitching contest on so many topics. Nobody can put their point of view forward without being well and truly slated by either sarcastic, childish or arrogant responses. Can see why people feel like leaving OTIB. (To clarify, that's not a comment on the responses from Sparky and BigRob in particular, but more of a general one about the forum as a whole.)

I find it funny that City seem to be linked with player who are prem/ world class quality and noone batters an eye lid.

Belive me guys, City will be a big club soon, we are gonna conquire football! :bruce_h4h:

Oh and lets not forget, a forum is just a vessel for opionion. never take anyone seriously, neer take anything seriously on here even if it annoyes of depressed you....there are trolls...long term sleeper Gasheads, greifers, antagonizers and genuine 100% City fans just here for City chat. Dont tell me there will ever been a harmonious continual line of of agreement?

**** it, imagine OTIB is a pub, a virtual pub if you like!

I'm dusting off my Granddad's musket as we speak, I'll meet you on the bridge? :englandsmile4wf:

Just sent an email to the UN. Declaring the Principality of Bristol..don't we need a prince/King though? how about NTTDS? Good. OK we have a King we can manipulate, and borders we can establish once we have won them, nice.

Hey if ETA and shit can do it , why not us? **** it I'm pushing for this! :farmer: I knew we would rule one day

Just sent an email to the UN. Declaring the Principality of Bristol..don't we need a prince/King though? how about NTTDS? Good. OK we have a King we can manipulate, and borders we can establish once we have won them, nice.

Hey if ETA and shit can do it , why not us? **** it I'm pushing for this! :farmer: I knew we would rule one day

You've missed one VITAL detail, Which Wurzels song will be our national anthem?:mafia::farmer:

Archived