IGNORED

Ashtonyate

eastonboy

This evening I have received a very sad email from one of Ashtonyates family

Elliott

I am Mike's son in law and I can see from his email that he had regular banter on the Ziderhead community. I would be grateful if you could let all know the sad news that he passed away at the weekend.

He will be sadly missed by all and I in turn as a Gas Head will miss the banter which this season left me always on the loosing end!

He leaves a wife and daughter to carry on the City tradition and he had already started to convert my daughter although I have managed to keep my son the right colours.

All the best

Stuart

RIP Mike Maloney :(

Ashtonyate was a very stubborn man. Right or wrong he always stood up for his opinion independent of what other people thought. At times it was more of a witch hunt on a man that perhaps not always could perfectly express his opinion in words. Probably as far from a dead fish following the stream a man can get.

RIP fellow City fan.

Is this the guy who used to go on about the youth academy? That's not an insult, I'm just trying to remember who he was.

RIP whoever it is,fellow City fan.

That was him.

THIS ISN'T A DIG AT THIS FORUM, but he was banned from this forum so found his way onto our site where he continued to espouse his views on all things Bristol City, and quite often, the Academy.

As has been said by Tommy, he was very forthright in his views and certainly never backed down from them. I'm sure that Mike wouldn't mind, but he could be a cantankerous old sod, and we crossed very heated swords often on ZH, but as most Ziderheadonians would agree, in the last few months, he found a very dry sense of humour that certainly had me rolling around at times(Malones You are the Ref topic immediately springs to mind).

Whilst I may not speak for all, and would not presume to say so, he will be sorely missed on our little Zh community.

Edit - a posthumous question from AY for you all (You are the ref - what do you do...)

"Here is one for you Rog Your the ref last minute the attacking sides forward shots from 40 yds its going just under the bar but hits a large bird and goes over what would you do?"

That was him.

THIS ISN'T A DIG AT THIS FORUM, but he was banned from this forum so found his way onto our site where he continued to espouse his views on all things Bristol City, and quite often, the Academy.

As has been said by Tommy, he was very forthright in his views and certainly never backed down from them. I'm sure that Mike wouldn't mind, but he could be a cantankerous old sod, and we crossed very heated swords often on ZH, but as most Ziderheadonians would agree, in the last few months, he found a very dry sense of humour that certainly had me rolling around at times(Malones You are the Ref topic immediately springs to mind).

Whilst I may not speak for all, and would not presume to say so, he will be sorely missed on our little Zh community.

Yep, I'll miss the miserable old sod!

Poor old AY

Sorry to hear this. As many have said, a stubborn guy but he believed in what he said and fought his corner. I'm not aware of why he didn't post here anymore, but the sheer fact that everyone instantly knows the name shows what a character he was.

My thoughts are with his friends and family.

RIP AY. keep the red flag flying high.

Archived