IGNORED

Millen And His Terminology

Robbored

I'm not really sure why you've decided to write such a long and detailed essay about something so simple. I too find RR quite amusing and clearly realise he's a wind up merchant. I say clearly but many on this forum still do not seem to understand this and RR's constant digging is not half as irritating as the many people who are so quick to bite and shoot him down, it actually makes them look rather foolish.

The original point he made, while I don't agree as I previously explained, is one I can understand someone making. And if someone else had made this point you can bet your ass this thread would be nowhere near as full of replies/insults as it is.

So thanks for the advice Cliff but next time just a sentence or two on the matter will do the job...as would none at all.

I have to disagree I think Cliffs been on a bit of a role today. Good points, well written, humourous and most importantly attacks post not poster.

A 'Target man' doesn't necessarily mean route one football.

Having someone who can hold the ball up with their back to goal, is something we haven't had for a while. It enables the Midfield to build up play, and play off the 'Target man'. Perhaps KM is looking to play more through the midfield as well as just the wings. It should certainly help our posession.

The only time i see a 'Target man' as unproductive, is when the ball is hopefully pumped forward, for it to be flicked on to the supporting attacker. A tactic, that is rarely successful in this day and age, which relies on a lot of luck, and often losses posession straight away.

One of the best we had for doing this in the lower leagues was Nicky Morgan...anyone remember him?

Here's an idea, perhaps what we need is someone in midfield who can play off a "target man", and then, perhaps, all of our "strikers" and/or "centre forwards" and maybe "inside forwards" could play the role of "target men" and we could get back to sorting out the defence.

(Yes I remember Nicky Morgan, and also Trevor)

Have we decided that there is actually nothing wrong with the description "target man" moreover the problem is the bigoted understanding of the term by certain people?

The main conclusion I draw from this is that next season is going to be difficult.

Quite how Robbored will manage to wind people up as he has done in the past is beyond me. It's a huge challenge.

Forgetting to tell people that the Supporters' Club elections were to be held was a classic. Driving Rovers fans to Wembley was another.

This is very tame stuff in comparison.

I think he needs some more clubs in his bag.

Have we decided that there is actually nothing wrong with the description "target man" moreover the problem is the bigoted understanding of the term by certain people?

I think the only thing there was consensus on was the wielding of the ban hammer and the utility of padded cells. Hop to it!

I'm not really sure why you've decided to write such a long and detailed essay about something so simple. I too find RR quite amusing and clearly realise he's a wind up merchant. I say clearly but many on this forum still do not seem to understand this and RR's constant digging is not half as irritating as the many people who are so quick to bite and shoot him down, it actually makes them look rather foolish.

The original point he made, while I don't agree as I previously explained, is one I can understand someone making. And if someone else had made this point you can bet your ass this thread would be nowhere near as full of replies/insults as it is.

So thanks for the advice Cliff but next time just a sentence or two on the matter will do the job...as would none at all.

Actually, mate, with all due respect I think you're slightly missing the point. It may have been in direct reply to your post, but it was actually directed at RR. I was trying to play him at his own game by winding him up a bit. It was intended to be tongue in cheek and a bit of fun. I think you may have suffered a slight attack of irony failure.

Anyway, sorry I spoke. That brief enough for you?

A 'Target man' doesn't necessarily mean route one football.

Having someone who can hold the ball up with their back to goal, is something we haven't had for a while. It enables the Midfield to build up play, and play off the 'Target man'. Perhaps KM is looking to play more through the midfield as well as just the wings. It should certainly help our posession.

The only time i see a 'Target man' as unproductive, is when the ball is hopefully pumped forward, for it to be flicked on to the supporting attacker. A tactic, that is rarely successful in this day and age, which relies on a lot of luck, and often losses posession straight away.

One of the best we had for doing this in the lower leagues was Nicky Morgan...anyone remember him?

Yes, one of my all-time favourites and a superb exponent of the TM arts.

I have to disagree I think Cliffs been on a bit of a role today. Good points, well written, humourous and most importantly attacks post not poster.

Amazing. Think you might need to give it another read mate.

Actually, mate, with all due respect I think you're slightly missing the point. It may have been in direct reply to your post, but it was actually directed at RR. I was trying to play him at his own game by winding him up a bit. It was intended to be tongue in cheek and a bit of fun. I think you may have suffered a slight attack of irony failure.

Anyway, sorry I spoke. That brief enough for you?

That'll do Cliff, that'll do.

Archived