IGNORED

Millen And His Terminology

Robbored

Am I the only one finding it amusing that the love in with millen seems to be over?

I have a quick question, how do you know Swansea never played any long ball football did you watch every Swans game?

You will find 99% of the teams in this country have a target man,

Man U have berbitov

Arsenal have Bentner

Liverpool have Carroll

Villa had Heskey and Carew

I can go on and on,

Take the norwich game that was on the tele when we got completely out played by a better footballing side, we would of been under a hell of a lot less pressure in that game if we had a Target man who we could "Lump" it up too and he could hold onto it bringing others into play

Its a valid tactic that most teams use at least once in a match to write it off completely is not only stupid but is counter productive to city

Am I the only one finding it amusing that the love in with millen seems to be over?

I have a quick question, how do you know Swansea never played any long ball football did you watch every Swans game?

You will find 99% of the teams in this country have a target man,

Man U have berbitov

Arsenal have Bentner

Liverpool have Carroll

Villa had Heskey and Carew

I can go on and on,

Take the norwich game that was on the tele when we got completely out played by a better footballing side, we would of been under a hell of a lot less pressure in that game if we had a Target man who we could "Lump" it up too and he could hold onto it bringing others into play

Its a valid tactic that most teams use at least once in a match to write it off completely is not only stupid but is counter productive to city

And thats why other countries like Spain and Holland laugh at us. The U-21's are just the latest England squad to come home from a tournament early.

Do you see Real Madrid or Barcelona 'lump' it?

City would have been under far less pressure at Norwich if City had kept the ball.................

I mistakenly thought that with a smart, highly qualified young manager in charge that we would no longer hear terms like 'target man'. I thought he'd moved on from such tired and old fashioned ideals and is trying to develop new attitudes and style of play in the players.

Whats next? ''clubs in the bag"?

I think its really important that all managers should come out with the right way of expressing their ideals. Using old fashioned terminology doesn't help.

only to fans who cant see the bigger picture and need things spelling out.

so tell us what you'd call a player capable of winning balls in the air against big defenders in words that would make millen haters like you understand.

And thats why other countries like Spain and Holland laugh at us. The U-21's are just the latest England squad to come home from a tournament early.

City would have been under far less pressure at Norwich if City had kept the ball.................

I'm sorry I forgot Bristol City had players as good as Barca or Madrid...........

We're not in the Spanish League are we we are in the English scond divison where players get less time on the ball and come up against big defenders and teams who like to lump it,

Only one team try and play like Barca in this country and thats Arsenal and where's that got them? they haven't won anything since 2005 they get taken apart by teams like Stoke and West Brom who use a target man and likes to lump it its a valid tactic at times and I'm realy suprise you can't see that,

So what you're saying is if Bristol City play attractive football and finish mid table in the Championship then the rest of Europe will respect English football?

That's a completely irrelevant comparison.

I don't give a sh1t what Millen calls him, lets see for ourselves what kind of player he is and how he fits into the squad.

Spain and holland laugh at us? We were laughing at Spain for years, and the Dutch are no better than england, and their club sides are terrible. Oh and their under 21's didn't eve qualify.

trouble is your using facts and logic. That doesnt really fit in with someone who has just noticed fans are generally supportive of Millen so has taken the opposing view yet again just to get some attention in a fairly empty life.

So you think its amusing because I, and many other fans like to see the beautiful game played in an attractive/pure way?

well you clearly dont. If this was the case, then you would not have accepted last season the way you did. Our football was terrible for a vast majority of it.

Fair play to you though, you love to fish and so many people have bit already. Last season when so many of us wanted shot of Millen, you were his biggest ally. Telling us to give him time, he will get it right etc. Now a vast amount of us doubters are willing to wipe the slate clean and see what he will bring to the table next season, you flip it and very cleverly cause another "Millen debate".

Few on this forum know what your all about, many havent yet seen it. We all say black...you will say white, and vice versa. The real sad thing is I can almost imagine you led in bed thinking "oooh what can I say on the forum tomorrow to try and wind people up tee hee hee"

I would put money on it, if someone else had started up this thread...you would be on here defending Millens comments

in other words......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

trouble is your using facts and logic. That doesnt really fit in with someone who has just noticed fans are generally supportive of Millen so has taken the opposing view yet again just to get some attention in a fairly empty life.

You sir have hit the nail on the head,

I award you with a cup :winner_third_h4h:

Well done I would also like to subscribe to your news letter,

I wanted to say the same thing but haven't really been around on this forum long enough to say it

That doesnt really fit in with someone who has just noticed fans are generally supportive of Millen so has taken the opposing view yet again just to get some attention in a fairly empty life.

Steve, you just can't resist can you?

You know well enough that I started this thread (the clue is in the title) because I was disappointed with the terminology that Millen used in his Taylor interview. It reminded me of the bad old days.

My support for Millen remains 100% intact. I just hope he stops using such old fashioned language to describe what his players can do. He should use modern terms. He is trying to move the club into modern times after all.

You know well enough that I started this thread (the clue is in the title) because I was disappointed with the terminology that Millen used in his Taylor interview. It reminded me of the bad old days.

My support for Millen remains 100% intact. I just hope he stops using such old fashioned language to describe what his players can do. He should use modern terms. He is trying to move the club into modern times after all.

FFS this is football not university challenge and KM is not as educated as Coppell for instance, why not make it a club offence if our under educated players or playing staff use 'over the moon' or 'sick as a parrot' or even 'a game of 2 halves' and instant dismissal for uttering the words 'target man'.

interestingly there was one 'footballism' that KM uttered more than once last season and I did'nt hear your disdain at his terminology then "FOOTBALL CAN BE A CRUEL GAME" usually after a heavy home defeat.

and perhaps community service of driving gasheads to Wembley for uttering the words 'conference manager'.

"3-2-1 i'm back in room".

thanks Pete.

and I've asked you to describe Taylor in a way that even lowest common denominator fans like you will understand without getting there knickers in a twist.

So go on. Heres your oppurtunity to show Millen how to be a proper modern football manager like you.

:fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish:

Can someone explain to me, why nearly every thread now turns into a slanging match between the same individuals?

Is it not possible for people to except we all have different views, with out it turning into one big Cock fest?

I just don't get it.

No wonder Football Clubs treat their fans like third class citizens...they only have to read forums like this. And it's obvious they do... as in the recent wording change in the Club statement regarding Maynard, which was pretty swift.

I cringe reading some stuff on here, knowing certain people at the Club are reading it.

I wonder if those same fans would come out with the same drivel if they were talking directly to say SL, CS or KM? I doubt it. :disapointed2se:

Can someone explain to me, why nearly every thread now turns into a slanging match between the same individuals?

Is it not possible for people to except we all have different views, with out it turning into one big Cock fest?

I just don't get it.

No wonder Football Clubs treat their fans like third class citizens...they only have to read forums like this. And it's obvious they do... as in the recent wording change in the Club statement regarding Maynard, which was pretty swift.

I cringe reading some stuff on here, knowing certain people at the Club are reading it.

I wonder if those same fans would come out with the same drivel if they were talking directly to say SL, CS or KM? I doubt it. :disapointed2se:

nah they would probally sh*t themselves and just deny its them on the forum :innocent06:

Without wishing to offend the mods who do a great and largely unthanked job I would suggest "insufficient use of the ban hammer".

I'd like the forum rules changed so that posters who consistently derail threads into pointless little slanging matches get shitcanned at the earliest opportunity.

We'd only need to lose three or four to make this place a whole lot more pleasant to use.

Without wishing to offend the mods who do a great and largely unthanked job I would suggest "insufficient use of the ban hammer".

I'd like the forum rules changed so that posters who consistently derail threads into pointless little slanging matches get shitcanned at the earliest opportunity.

We'd only need to lose three or four to make this place a whole lot more pleasant to use.

I'll drink to that.

I'd love to wield the ban hammer, but then people would go to the other extreme and the mods would get moaned at. (People still moan about Malone, and that was years ago)

I quite liked Badgers 'Bitch thread' - let them all go and argue about who's dad has the biggest willy in that thread and leave the rest of us to discuss more interesting topics.

Do you honestly believe that this thread in particular was originally designed for anything other than that purpose?.

I really can't see the problem with these threads. It's a wind-up for sure, but there's some interesting stuff being written too.

:yawn:

I'm enjoying Alan's attempt to guess SC_Red's name. We've had at least two attempts already.

Spain and holland laugh at us? We were laughing at Spain for years, and the Dutch are no better than england, and their club sides are terrible. Oh and their under 21's didn't eve qualify.

The Dutch are better than England right now, lets not kid ourselves. As for their Club teams of course they won't be as good, the PL has bought success by importing foreign talent which has nothing to do with our English players.

As for RR's original point, I do actually see your point although I do believe you're reading far too much into it. Millen has shown the way he would like to play in my opinion and is merely increasing his options up top. I for one wouldn't worry that next season's primary tactic is hoofball.

Archived