IGNORED

Khumalo

ben91tucker

That journo may have gotten that from the Kickoff 'article' though.

I hope not though, if true this could be a smart signing.

Well lets be honest, Rangers probably won't qualify for the champions league and our league is much more competitive.

So apart from the fact they get about 35,000 fans more per week it's a no brainer really.

Well lets be honest, Rangers probably won't qualify for the champions league and our league is much more competitive.

So apart from the fact they get about 35,000 fans more per week it's a no brainer really.

Personally I see Rangers better as us purely for the chance of the facts you have said about euro,amount of fans. If rangers were in the english leauges I'd put them between bottom of prem and top 6 of our league just IMO though.But we are way closer to spurs so could do similar as Caulker and Rose did half train with spurs and half with us where as would be pretty annoying to keep going up to rangers and spurs all week so depends how they see the Loan .Then obviously we helped develop Caulker very well last season and a certain extent Rose may of made Spurs realise LW wasn't for him.

Personally I see Rangers better as us purely for the chance of the facts you have said about euro,amount of fans. If rangers were in the english leauges I'd put them between bottom of prem and top 6 of our league just IMO though.But we are way closer to spurs so could do similar as Caulker and Rose did half train with spurs and half with us where as would be pretty annoying to keep going up to rangers and spurs all week so depends how they see the Loan .Then obviously we helped develop Caulker very well last season and a certain extent Rose may of made Spurs realise LW wasn't for him.

Week in week out our league is much more competitive. We will have the likes of West Ham, Brum,Leeds,Forest etc. Whereas apart from playing Celtic the rest are league one standard at best.

Arry may well think he won't progress as well playing against that dross every week.

Week in week out our league is much more competitive. We will have the likes of West Ham, Brum,Leeds,Forest etc. Whereas apart from playing Celtic the rest are league one standard at best.

Arry may well think he won't progress as well playing against that dross every week.

And it's much colder in winter up in scotland 

Where he goes will surely be heavily influenced by Spurs' wishes. If they think the key thing he needs to learn is football in England to get ready for the prem, then the likes of ourselves are likely. However, if they have decided that he's not really going to make it for them, then Rangers are a good bet as that will put him in the window in terms of Europe and allow them to flog him to a lesser European side.

Think he would be an excellent signing for us, however a bit worried we are gonna be beat to him by someone else now. Rangers would probably be his preference given Europe and besides that the way Tottenham (Bond) are talking in the media sounds like they are trying to drum up interest.

I don't remember there being much in the media before we signed Caulker....so we probably got in the back door on that one.

Fingers crossed.

he played the entire game for tottenham last night in a 1 - 1 draw with the pirates. looks like harry wants him fit, doubt hes going anywhere.

Redknapp has confirmed he is going out on loan so maybe he's making sure he can jump straight in to the starting line up for the ipswich game. :closedeyes:

It beggars belief why Clubs like ourselves are not scouring the African nations for players. They would be cheap as chips at this level.

Maybe we are.. But can you imagine the amount of other clubs across Europe doing the same? Ligue 1 clubs in France seem to look nowhere else other than Africa for players, then you have Premier League scouts at it and all the other top flight scouts at it aswell.. We would be well down the pecking order i would have thought.

It beggars belief why Clubs like ourselves are not scouring the African nations for players. They would be cheap as chips at this level.

Because we dont have a polish feeder club where we can send the player to go get europian citerzinship,

We can't take young african players because they wouldn't get a work permit from the home office its that simple

Because we dont have a polish feeder club where we can send the player to go get europian citerzinship,

We can't take young african players because they wouldn't get a work permit from the home office its that simple

exactly what I was about to post!!

The only players eligible to play over here will be internationally capped players, who we couldn't attract anyway.

I am not a big fan of the unwillingness of the board to sign foreigners anymore, being put off by GJ's mistakes is not right. Hopefully in the new scouting set up that Millen has started to implement we will see some gems coming in from across the world.

exactly what I was about to post!!

The only players eligible to play over here will be internationally capped players, who we couldn't attract anyway.

I am not a big fan of the unwillingness of the board to sign foreigners anymore, being put off by GJ's mistakes is not right. Hopefully in the new scouting set up that Millen has started to implement we will see some gems coming in from across the world.

Would we want them anyway with African Nations Cup competitions being held in both 2012 and 2013 and players thus missing a substantial chunk of our League season ?

Would we want them anyway with African Nations Cup competitions being held in both 2012 and 2013 and players thus missing a substantial chunk of our League season ?

Perhaps, though if they were so good that even without them for the month of January they improved us I'd still have them. Must say I was a little gutted when Albert said he wanted to play for Ghana. If Guy Madjo can play for Cameroon then there is nothing stopping him walkin into that side.

Anyway, think the main point is it's pointless scouring Africa for players as we can't sign the majority for work permit reasons and can't sign the rest because they're probably too good for us or will miss substantial periods of our league season. The negatives far outweigh the positives in that region.

Europe is I believe, the best place for our scouts to start. No Work Permit issues thanks to the EU and hopefully easy enough to scout and cheap enough to attract too.

Archived