IGNORED

Henderson Leaves The Club

Tom

As on the OS.

Sad that it turned out this way as I preferred him to Gerken. Oh well onwards and upwards, although I do think he'll do well wherever he goes (more than likely Portsmouth).

As the OS says we are due a tribunal fee, how much do you think it will be? I'd guess about 350k?

I'd be amazed if we got £100k for him. No first team experience and although an U21 International they will look at his value to our club and that is small (at least in terms of game time etc).

Good luck Steve.

I would have been quite happy to cut Gerken free and kept Hendo. I think he would have stayed if he'd been second choice (as he will be at Pompey) and then steps in when Jamo retires next year after a year with the best teacher he could have!

Time will tell if this is a massive mistake I suppose.

Pity, I'd rather have kept him than Gerken. Strange too as he won't get first team football at Portsmouth.

We won't get any significant cash from a tribunal as it's scaled by how long you developed the player and we got him at 19 or so.

As on the OS.

Sad that it turned out this way as I preferred him to Gerken. Oh well onwards and upwards, although I do think he'll do well wherever he goes (more than likely Portsmouth).

As the OS says we are due a tribunal fee, how much do you think it will be? I'd guess about 350k?

your having a laugh arnt you? we will be lucky to get £75k

I think he's extremely overrated here, he only played 5 times for the club if he was that good he would of foreced himself into the first team like Skuse did,

We'll get 80k + a 25% sell on clause thats abput standard in tribunals these days

Pity, I'd rather have kept him than Gerken. Strange too as he won't get first team football at Portsmouth.

We won't get any significant cash from a tribunal as it's scaled by how long you developed the player and we got him at 19 or so.

Agree there no 1 Ashdown is a good keeper imo.

I think he's extremely overrated here, he only played 5 times for the club if he was that good he would of foreced himself into the first team like Skuse did,

We'll get 80k + a 25% sell on clause thats abput standard in tribunals these days

How is he over-rated? he is very young and could be a great keeper - thats why people are disappointed.

No one has said he is amazing, but he did get player of the season for yeovil last season - superb achievement at his age, at a decent level.

Now he has left, we now short in the goal-keeping department long term. in a years time, David James might retire and we are only left with dean gerken - that is dire.

How is he over-rated? he is very young and could be a great keeper - thats why people are disappointed.

No one has said he is amazing, but he did get player of the season for yeovil last season - superb achievement at his age, at a decent level.

Now he has left, we now short in the goal-keeping department long term. in a years time, David James might retire and we are only left with dean gerken - that is dire.

no we're now we have 2 senior keepers and one young one in Lewis Carey it will aid his devlopment no end being number 3,

If Jameo or Gerks get injured we'd bring in another keep then,

Hendo is a decent young keeper but people are making him out to be an international number one when he reall is a 2nd/3rd div keeper only

Like I said if he was that good he would of been in the first team a, when Basso left b, when Millen took over from Johnson but he didn't force his way in

no we're now we have 2 senior keepers and one young one in Lewis Carey it will aid his devlopment no end being number 3,

Hendo is a decent young keeper but people are making him out to be an international number one when he reall is a 2nd/3rd div keeper only

Like I said if he was that good he would of been in the first team a, when Basso left b, when Millen took over from Johnson but he didn't force his way in

Not having ago mate but rubbish what you just wrote he will be ROI keeper in future years, Millen and the club have tried very hard to keep him, like i said previousley he will play Prem.

No one is saying he is a international keeper, but he could be very good and if we had let dean gerken go, he could have been no 2 until david james finishes. Then he could have been given a opportunity to be no 1 and become a very good keeper.

You say he is only a 2nd or 3rd div keeper, but yet he has already proven to be too good for league one?!

If David James gets injured now, we have to rely on gerken....

millen has dropped a bollock here - I said it when he gave deano a new contract and i have been proven right.

Sad that he has gone, but KM's decision to give Gerken another contract made Henderson's decision to leave inevitable.

I must say though that how many times have BCFC fans seen he play? to base the opinion about how good he is?.

we know how poor gerken is and henderson got player of the season for yeovil... when he's only 22 years old...

No one is saying he is a international keeper, but he could be very good and if we had let dean gerken go, he could have been no 2 until david james finishes. Then he could have been given a opportunity to be no 1 and become a very good keeper.

You say he is only a 2nd or 3rd div keeper, but yet he has already proven to be too good for league one?!

If David James gets injured now, we have to rely on gerken....

millen has dropped a bollock here - I said it when he gave deano a new contract and i have been proven right.

if we let Gerken go and Hendo still ended up leaveing we would then be in the mire like when Basso shit on us when he left,

If James gets injured then we bring in a keeper on emergancy loan Gerken is decent enough at this level and the last time he played against derby he kept a clean sheet and made a fair few outstanding saves when we were only 1-0 up,

Like I said I'm not to bothered he doesn't want to play for us and wants to sit on portsmouths bench so be it but he has about as much chance of being no.1 there then he did here its about money

if we let Gerken go and Hendo still ended up leaveing we would then be in the mire like when Basso shit on us when he left,

If James gets injured then we bring in a keeper on emergancy loan Gerken is decent enough at this level and the last time he played against derby he kept a clean sheet and made a fair few outstanding saves when we were only 1-0 up,

Like I said I'm not to bothered he doesn't want to play for us and wants to sit on portsmouths bench so be it but he has about as much chance of being no.1 there then he did here its about money

Why would henderson have left? he would have been no 2 to a very old keeper who is about to retire - he would have had more chance of first team football here.

Its not about not wanting to play for us. He would'nt have made the bench here AGAIN for another season, whereas at pompey he would.

As soon as gerken on his contract, the writing was on the wall... and there would have been something wrong with henderson if he wanted to stay here as no 3, after a season he has just had.

Archived