IGNORED

Henderson Leaves The Club

Tom

Not to upset, would have been nice if he stayed and given us him and Gerken as 1&2 next season but *shrug

I saw Gerken play a nearly a full season and he did well, certainly has the potential to be our No 1 - as for Henderson, everyone keeps saying he is a great keeper but I can never even remember seeing him play for us, Other than a few hi-lights and people saying he has done well in lower leagues I don't understand the hype.

Ive no idea why Gerken takes so much stick? I rate the guy fairly highly tbh. Good solid reliable keeper. People have a go at him for making too many cockups (Im struggling to think of that many really) yet still idolise Basso, and Henderson who they may have seen 5 times in their life. Laughable.

And the blame can hardly put at Millens door. What was he supposed to do? If he was worried about Henderson leaving he had to offer Gerken something.

Covered by gossip/hearsay?

We've had more than one instance of players' family members giving out incorrect information that made it onto here.

Who said player...far more reliable than that.

Anyway..some will believe, others won't. It's the nature of a public forum. Understandable to be cynical though. Just putting it out there.

I know what i know...and choose to believe them, as they have been spot on in the past.

Who said player...far more reliable than that.

Anyway..some will believe, others won't. It's the nature of a public forum. Understandable to be cynical though. Just putting it out there.

I know what i know...and choose to believe them, as they have been spot on in the past.

The only FACT is that despite being fit and able to play away at Derby, James was on the subs bench whilst DG played the whole game.

This proves that it is not is his contract to HAVE to play every game, when he is fit to do so.

I'm sure in some cases, players require assurances of first team football. I'm also sure that these do not get put into contractual agreements. Anything could happen during the term of a contract.

I think someone has been exagerating the case here and Spudski has chosen to believe it. Probably because it is a good way to have a new type of pop at the club/chairman/management, or just something to moan about.

The only FACT is that despite being fit and able to play away at Derby, James was on the subs bench whilst DG played the whole game.

This proves that it is not is his contract to HAVE to play every game, when he is fit to do so.

I'm sure in some cases, players require assurances of first team football. I'm also sure that these do not get put into contractual agreements. Anything could happen during the term of a contract.

I think someone has been exagerating the case here and Spudski has chosen to believe it. Probably because it is a good way to have a new type of pop at the club/chairman/management, or just something to moan about.

It wasn't 'if fit he had to play'. It was something like 35 games, can't remember the exact amount, but something like that.

Why the hell would i want to have a pop at the Chairman or moan? It's neither.

I've chosen to believe my source, based on everything he has told me in the past has happened.

It wasn't 'if fit he had to play'. It was something like 35 games, can't remember the exact amount, but something like that.

Why the hell would i want to have a pop at the Chairman or moan? It's neither.

I've chosen to believe my source, based on everything he has told me in the past has happened.

Spud most of us don't believe your source but he could be right as far as we know I'd leave it at that,

no point in argueing it as its not going to change anything Hendo is leaveing James is our number 1 and we still have a crap defense

As has been said before, there are VERY FEW people who know the details of players contracts, CEO will as they negotiate it, the CEOs PA, the player, his agent and probably his CLOSE family.

Other players, even the manager, assistant manager, physio, scouts etc, etc WILL NOT know the details.

If Spudski has a contact, close enough to the club to know details of a players contract, then why couldn't they sort his 'executive seating' problem last season?.

BCAGFC

As has been said before, there are VERY FEW people who know the details of players contracts, CEO will as they negotiate it, the CEOs PA, the player, his agent and probably his CLOSE family.

Other players, even the manager, assistant manager, physio, scouts etc, etc WILL NOT know the details.

If Spudski has a contact, close enough to the club to know details of a players contract, then why couldn't they sort his 'executive seating' problem last season?.

BCAGFC

don't be so sure of that, none of my close family know my contract of employment or how much I earn,

You'd be supirsed how litte players will share about their contracts

Gerkens a reasonable keeper however the man has no ability to control his box, I just hope these two years as 2nd choice to James has done him some good!

Hendersons ability is still questionable, I remember the fuss made about weale leaving the club! Personally he's proved to be an average keeper who since joining the championship has been found out and is no longer 1st choice. Who's to say hendo won't go the same way ? There's no evidence to suggest he will but there's no evidence to say we won't!

BCAGFC

Because, I wouldn't take advantage of the other persons position, and put them in an awkward situation.

The Premier seating decision was made by SL's son, who is making some changes and stamping his authority it seems.

As for Contracts...Of course the manager know's the details of a players contract. He sits in with the player and the players Agent.

I'll put another one out there for you... I don't think this has been mentioned on here.

Are undisclosed Fees ever released in the public Accounts for Football Clubs? Are we able to find out eventually what an undisclosed fee ever is?

If so, I can tell you now, it is alleged that after agreeing an Undisclosed Fee with another Club, for a certain recent signing, we later found a clause in the players previous contract ( a loophole lets say ) and only ended up having to pay a very small percentage of the agreed Fee. Let's say the other Clubs Chairman is spitting Feathers right now, and we have a bargain for the cost of a family Saloon Car.

That info came from an agent who was acting for another player at the same Club.

All alledged of course.

Ask yourself this... is it at all possible that we have a manager who would prefer to have Gerkin and Henderson on board, but has his hands tied when it comes to our present No. 1 ?

Interesting angle- that was speculated to be the reason why Coppell walked. I'm not sure I buy into it, but we will get one more year out of James, whereas the potential for many more years from Henderson especially and to a lesser degree but still markedly more than James, Gerken. My post is in no way a dig at James or the club but more a point about long term planning- whenever I've seen Henderson he's done pretty ok I thought!

Sorry Spud but the majority dont seem to believe you, you are offering no concrete information, nothing we can check and whether or not your contact is a close family member or something similar.

I would imagine they could still get the wrong end of the stick with regards the information they are in posession of even if told by a reliable source. At best this is all chinese whispers, or assumptions based on snippets of information.

Sorry Spud but the majority dont seem to believe you, you are offering no concrete information, nothing we can check and whether or not your contact is a close family member or something similar.

I would imagine they could still get the wrong end of the stick with regards the information they are in posession of even if told by a reliable source. At best this is all chinese whispers, or assumptions based on snippets of information.

I asked if it is possible to find out in the future, what we payed in undisclosed fees. If we are, then i could tell you exactly right now how much we paid for a certain player. But i'm not going to say anything if it can't be proven.

The reliable sourse gets it from the horses mouth so to speak, so there is no way it could be chinese whispers.

Anyway...like you've said, there is no way of proving it, unless i name the person, so it's like flogging a dead horse.

Just putting it out there, so to speak. Enough said by me...

that wasn't a tribunal we paid 20 - 50k because they are in the shit money wise

....and i think this is the player that Spudski is reffering too. Yes it was an "undisclosed fee" but i thought it was fairly common knowledge and even quoted from within the club (can't be bothered to find the actual quote) that we got Bolasie for a "low 5 figure fee".

Undisclosed transfer fees would be much more widely known about than the more intricate details of a players contract.

no it wasn't it was 150k

If I remember rightly the total value could well be over £400k, there were a few different components like appearances, goals, promotion, sell on etc.

....and i think this is the player that Spudski is reffering too. Yes it was an "undisclosed fee" but i thought it was fairly common knowledge and even quoted from within the club (can't be bothered to find the actual quote) that we got Bolasie for a "low 5 figure fee".

Undisclosed transfer fees would be much more widely known about than the more intricate details of a players contract.

The angle I heard was we got him for ~£20k or so because he hadn't been paid by Plymouth.

It's dissapointing henderson has gone. Still not sure why some people are so critical of Gerkin, We've had a lot worse keepers down the gate than him thats for sure!! I thought he had a reasonable season when he signed for us. David James is obviously number 1 but Gerkin as back up is not too shabby at all IMO.

It's dissapointing henderson has gone. Still not sure why some people are so critical of Gerkin, We've had a lot worse keepers down the gate than him thats for sure!! I thought he had a reasonable season when he signed for us. David James is obviously number 1 but Gerkin as back up is not too shabby at all IMO.

we could still have Bo Anderson and Steve Philips :laughcont:

"Surely Hendo would have been better off staying at BCFC and being loaned out to somewhere like Yeovil where at least he will get games under his belt rather than just warming Pompeys bench.

This way he could of trained with City a couple of days a week like he did last season. He would be getting 1st team experience at Yeovil and learn from David James in training who has to be one of the most experienced keepers in the game."

Agree.

Wasn,t it on the o/s that KM talked to DG before picking Dean at Derby

we know how poor gerken is and henderson got player of the season for yeovil... when he's only 22 years old...

You say "we" but that's just your opinion.

A lot of people think Gerkin is a good keeper including me.

He's had a year training with James, exactly what everyone says Henderson should be doing.

Wouldn't concern me in the slightest if he was our no 1 keeper.

I don't blame Henderson, apparently we only offered a two year deal and unless he was a first timer in two years, we would struggle to get a worthwhile contract anywhere else. On the back of a good loan season, is a good time for him to get what would be a decent contact at his age.

You say "we" but that's just your opinion.

A lot of people think Gerkin is a good keeper including me.

He's had a year training with James, exactly what everyone says Henderson should be doing.

Wouldn't concern me in the slightest if he was our no 1 keeper.

some people cant see pass his very good shot stopping...

he cause's so many problems by being so slow to come for the ball its unreal.

Sheff Utd away springs to mind, when he accidently head-butted fontaine - he caused that confusion, because fontaine was expecting him to come and collect - but he was slow as usual.

Archived