IGNORED

Henderson Leaves The Club

Tom

Why would henderson have left? he would have been no 2 to a very old keeper who is about to retire - he would have had more chance of first team football here.

Its not about not wanting to play for us. He would'nt have made the bench here AGAIN for another season, whereas at pompey he would.

As soon as gerken on his contract, the writing was on the wall... and there would have been something wrong with henderson if he wanted to stay here as no 3, after a season he has just had.

All of which, I would suspect says more about Millen's actual belief in Hendersons ability than Hendersons actual ability, in fact the contract offer was probably to be able to force a tribunal and at least get a fee.

I'd rather give young lewis carey a chance to be honest Raiz I'm not bothered you are we will leave it at that otherwise we can go on forever

Fair enough. As you can see... I'm disappointed. :winner_third_h4h:

Ask yourself this... is it at all possible that we have a manager who would prefer to have Gerkin and Henderson on board, but has his hands tied when it comes to our present No. 1 ?

nope as he would of told colin/lansdown that he didn't want him and we wouldn't of given him an extra year

Ask yourself this... is it at all possible that we have a manager who would prefer to have Gerkin and Henderson on board, but has his hands tied when it comes to our present No. 1 ?

nope. If Millen did not want him or wanted to have Deano and Henderson as his two keepers....he would be playing one of them in the starting line up each week.

It wouldnt make sense wanting rid of James....then playing him every week

nope as he would of told colin/lansdown that he didn't want him and we wouldn't of given him an extra year

The decision wasn't Km's to make.

DJ has a clause in his contract, that after completing a gaurnteed amount of games last year, he was entitled to sign on for another year. It was his choice, as it gave him a chance to walk away. After DJ signed the extension, Henderson made his decision.

The decision wasn't Km's to make.

DJ has a clause in his contract, that after completing a gaurnteed amount of games last year, he was entitled to sign on for another year. It was his choice, as it gave him a chance to walk away. After DJ signed the extension, Henderson made his decision.

As i said above though, if Millen didnt want him as number one, he would not be starting him week in week out

Maybe. Or on the other hand maybe he just looked at it as picking 2 from the following 3:

A goalkeeper with over 20 years experience, most of it at the top level and who played for England in the last world cup.

A goalkeeper with 3 solid seasons playing at Championship level who has proved himself to be perfectly competent.

A goalkeeper with 5 appearances to his name at Championship level, who may well be very promising but has proved nothing yet.

Add to that the fact that the first 2 had already expressed their desire to remain at the club, whilst the 3rd was less sure, I think most managers would pick the 2 that Keith has picked.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one then. That's not what i've been told.

So your saying Keith Millen doesnt want James as his number 1.....yet he still picks him??

IF this is the case, then that must mean that he is being told by someone higher up that he must play James. If this is true, then it confirms what a two bit, amateur set up of a football club we support, it confirms Jordan Tansleys comments of us being "a shi@ty little club" and it also confirms what ive thought all along, and that is that Millen is a typical "yes man" who was only put in charge because he was the cheap option and would toe the line at all times.

I choose however, not to believe this ...............

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one then. That's not what i've been told.

so what your saying is Millen doesn't pick his team or choses who gets a new contract?

Whats the point in having a manager then,

For the record James's clause was if he played 30 games he can get a 1 year extenstion,

If millen didn't want him why did he play all but 1 league game?

What you've been told is wrong and unprofessional which is somthing you can't accuse our owner manager or David James of,

David James currently deserves to be no.1

No offence spudski, but I think its bollox that he has to be picked - fair play for telling us what you have heard, but I can't see it.

If David James HAS to play, then he will automatically entitled to another year? he will be our no 1 forever!!!! :laughcont:

So your saying Keith Millen doesnt want James as his number 1.....yet he still picks him??

IF this is the case, then that must mean that he is being told by someone higher up that he must play James. If this is true, then it confirms what a two bit, amateur set up of a football club we support, it confirms Jordan Tansleys comments of us being "a shi@ty little club" and it also confirms what ive thought all along, and that is that Millen is a typical "yes man" who was only put in charge because he was the cheap option and would toe the line at all times.

I choose however, not to believe this ...............

I can only go on what i've been told. So who knows? I prefer to choose what i've been told, because the person who told me has been spot on with everything he's told me before.

so what your saying is Millen doesn't pick his team or choses who gets a new contract?

Whats the point in having a manager then,

For the record James's clause was if he played 30 games he can get a 1 year extenstion,

If millen didn't want him why did he play all but 1 league game?

What you've been told is wrong and unprofessional which is somthing you can't accuse our owner manager or David James of,

When DJ came here, he was gaurenteed first team football. The clause put in his contract, was for his benefit, not ours. That was what he wanted, otherwise he wouldn't of signed.

KM and DJ are not unprofessional, but there is a lot more to this contract than what people are led to believe.

Km would prefer Gerks and Henderson here over DJ.

I'm not going to debate it on here, as it will prove nothing. I know what i know, from a very reliable source, who's never been wrong before. I can only base my judgement on what i've been told.

When DJ came here, he was gaurenteed first team football. The clause put in his contract, was for his benefit, not ours. That was what he wanted, otherwise he wouldn't of signed.

KM and DJ are not unprofessional, but there is a lot more to this contract than what people are led to believe.

I'm not going to debate it on here, as it will prove nothing. I know what i know, from a very reliable source, who's never been wrong before. I can only base my judgement on what i've been told.

then Gerken or Henderson would of played instead of James simple as that, your friend is talking bull unless he has acopy of James's contract,

Also if it was the case why was he dropped for the southend and Derby game he was fit as he was on the bench,

haha!

It's perfectly possible that KM's point of view is that he might not have signed James (and would have spent the resources differently), but since he's here will play him because he is undoubtedly the best keeper available. That would seem the most likely scenario to me - you certainly don't need wild conspiracy theories to arrive at it.

Gerken wanted to sign a new deal, Henderson didn't - hence where we are now. My only question of KM would be, if Henderson is happy to be second fiddle (as the Portsmouth move suggests) but not third, do you really think Gerken is the better option? I don't, I thought Gerken was "OK" but Henderson looked like he could be a fair bit better.

It might be a simple case of the manager not being prepared to depend on Henderson alone just yet given his relative inexperience, I don't know that I'd agree but it's not an unreasonable point of view. Also, if he knows that Gerken will not throw his toys out of his pram from being on the bench but Henderson might, that could be a factor too.

In any case, we don't have a significant problem here. James is very very good and Gerken is ok for cover, we can sign someone next summer when James retires if we need to. Henderson wasn't remarkable, just looked like he had some potential - there's more fish in the sea.

Some one is going to have to tell me why Gerken is a bad keeper

Kind of waiting for the same explanation to be honest.....sad Henderson has gone though, he will play at a good level, no doubt about that

Well I would guess that the obvious answer would be he made a few mistakes in a poor city season.

Despite the fact he was very good at Newcastle and Ipswich and Forest at home I think? (Before clattered by Tyson) and on the whole I think he was fine in goal.

Henderson seems to be getting rave reviews of the back of 5 appearences for city? How many people actually saw him play at Yeovil? He may well have been great there because that may well be his level.

But what do I know? I've only seen him play once.

David James is a legend and has raised the profile of this club, he is currently our best keeper and an obvious choice to be No1

Gherks is not a bad keeper he's never had a bad game for us when called upon. He wanted to stay at BCFC so fair play to the guy don't forget he is still young and will learn lots as understudy to DJ

Hendo is also a good keep but didnt want to stay and fight for his place so lets move on and wish him well warming up the bench in Portsmouth

In any case, we don't have a significant problem here. James is very very good and Gerken is ok for cover, we can sign someone next summer when James retires if we need to. Henderson wasn't remarkable, just looked like he had some potential - there's more fish in the sea.

Exactly. As you said the scenario we are in now in terms of keepers is certainly not something to worry about. I honestly think any club in this division would have James over there 1st choice keeper given the chance. He is imo the best in this division on his day.

When next summer comes along and the inevitable happens and James calls it a day we will have ample time to spend some chash in that area and buy a new 1st choice.

Unless your 'source' typed the contract, printed the contract or signed the contract. I would suggest he/she is acting on heresay/gossip or spends too much time playing football manager.

Or is a family member of a certain individual... you missed that one out. ;)

Archived