IGNORED

Bbc Price Of Football

red23

The BBC have conducted a survey into the price of football in the UK and it is quite interesting to look at...

City's results came out pretty well and we are the 4th cheapest club for a day out in the Championship if you take our cheapest adult match day price. And this is despite having pretty much the most expensive pie's and tea in the league disapointed2se.gif!

There are quite a few surprises in the Championship and across the other 4 divisions (SPL is included) such as Doncaster having the second most expensive day out in our league. Many other clubs who constantly fail to fill their grounds such as the Boro along with Doncaster also showed to have no relatively cheaper deals in place in an attempt to attract more fans...something i thought was quite strange especially given the fact they are both up North and surrounded by other clubs offering cheaper football.

Also for some reason Newcastle refused to give any figures and apparently Man City don't sell any pies!

Whilst the survey is relatively simple and only considers the cheapest and dearest match tickets and not any middle bands/season ticket prices etc it still makes some interesting reading. However, i suppose value for money in terms of the football would also need some consideration too (Is £40 for a day watching Spurs better value than £32.70 to watch Derby)

Still well done City clapping.gif

And the links are here;

Overview

Championship

3rd cheapest I think,

compare the avg day out price to the gas and we're £1 more expensive but 2 leagues above

No wonder their average crowd is about 152...

In league 2 the most expensive is Bradford where the average is £27.80 (With Swindon only 70p cheaper!) despite filling less than half their ground on a constant basis. Whilst their cheapest ticket is the same as their most expensive ticket at £20 it is still pretty dear. There are 5 prem teams including Villa who are within a pound or so of that and 10 teams in the NPC including some pretty big names (Forest, Leicester, Ipswich and us) who are cheaper!

Interesting article.

Strange that pies in the south west are the most expensive in the country with Cheltenham top at 3.50.

Also, I always thought 2.00 was to expensive for a cuppa, 50p at crawley & only a pound at the gas!

I could've sworn tea and coffee was £1.80 in the Williams Stand last season?

I guess it's slightly misleading though regarding us.

The £15 adult entry would be for the Eastend, and unless your birthday falls on a day with an x in the month, you are able to pay in blarfnarfs, blindfolded, with a phoenix on your shoulder, whilst reciting the Koran backwards, then those prices aren't really attainable at AG.

Okay my thoughts you have control over some things

1) You can always buy your grub(drinks sandwiches crips and chocky bars from Sainsburys which is much cheaper and better value for money

2) No control, over prices to enter the ground so your stuffed

3)Match day programme,

I think some kind soul out in this great City of ours could do a cut copy and paste of the programme and put it on line

'Value for money' it says on OS.

Maybe for the matchday programme and certain tickets I would agree.

Its the food thats anything but value for money. Its paying out for what is essentially cheap rubbish. Weak tea or coffee. Tasteless pies and virtually meat free hotdogs. Seriously overpriced soft drinks and chocolate. Lindleys must make a packet on the food outlets.

NTTDS is spot on when he says pop into Sainsbury before the match and stock up at sensible prices. The corner shop is also excellent value.

Over the years there have been numerous threads about the poor quality food within AG and yet Lindleys do nothing about it except laugh all the way to the bank.

No wonder their average crowd is about 152...

In league 2 the most expensive is Bradford where the average is £27.80 (With Swindon only 70p cheaper!) despite filling less than half their ground on a constant basis. Whilst their cheapest ticket is the same as their most expensive ticket at £20 it is still pretty dear. There are 5 prem teams including Villa who are within a pound or so of that and 10 teams in the NPC including some pretty big names (Forest, Leicester, Ipswich and us) who are cheaper!

In fairness Bradford are encouraging as many people as they can to get season tickets. A while back they were available for about £140 and they did a deal of kids free with adult season ticket. The individual match price is a lot, but the vast, vast majority of Bradford's home gate are season ticket holders as the season tickets are extraordinarily cheap.

Another thought I had about the food and drink prices.

If I do ever buy a coffee before the game there is always a queue and that queue seems constant until kick off, and the same at half time. It would nice if they could try to cut prices, then see if more people would purchase as it seemed reasonable, but in light of the queues is there really capacity to sell much more? Maybe not until we get the new stadium and better facilities.

Another thought I had about the food and drink prices.

If I do ever buy a coffee before the game there is always a queue and that queue seems constant until kick off, and the same at half time. It would nice if they could try to cut prices, then see if more people would purchase as it seemed reasonable, but in light of the queues is there really capacity to sell much more? Maybe not until we get the new stadium and better facilities.

The stadium will improve the queues for the toilets, food outlets and to exit the ground at the final whistle (Dolman stand)

Prices in the new place will either go one way or the other, Hopefully down though. Be nice to not have to walk half a mile to get to a bar at halftime too.

Cannot wait to have the up to date facilities that the new stadium will have, even though I love the feel of AG.

It has to be said, that the value for money of the food and drink is DREADFUL utterly DREADFUL

Forgetting the coffee/tea which is frankly stupid.

The pies. PREMIUEM!!!! That's a joke, cheap shit, which is generally passed over without as much as a wrapper, regualry just dumped on the counter on a napkin, terrible quality food and is usually served at such heat, that if you by bitch pre-match it's safe to eat at halftime without burning your mouth.

Terrible prices as well. far too much money and is simply a rip off.

Also worth mentioning the food is in the dolman hall, is equally expensive and just as dreadful in quality.

For those who mention "well it's all profits to the club" its not. The club outsourced everything for a set fee on a loan term deal, since the quality has gone down and prices up, regardless if pies are sold for 50p or £50 the club doesn't make any difference in profit, it all goes to Lindays.

The club have made a point of to them, but there is nothing they can do as legally it's down to Lindays which is an unfortunate but farcical situation to be in.

Needless to say, they won't be involved within the new stadium.

Archived