IGNORED

The Fans Will Vote With Their Feet

harvey54

i've supported city for 40 years.the best time for me watching city was the taylor,gavin,smith days. great football to watch.

i,ll be here saturday as always but frankly it's like watching paint dry with this team. they play with too much fear.

if we keep millen we get relegated,it's as simple as that!

Wouldn't you play with a degree of fear if your own fans start booing you ? or if they start screaming abuse at you, some of the stick Jamie Mac was taking against ipswich from our own fans was bloody disgraceful.

Wouldn't you play with a sense of fear if no matter what you do you get barracked by certain segments of the crowd, retain possession and keep the ball for a bit and after no more than 20 - 30 seconds you start hearing "get it forward you ****" take that route and you get "pass it you ****"

To be quite honest I, in a perverse way hope we drop down to our core 8/9k support for the pompey game as the team might actually get some ******* support. I couldn't care less what people say after or before the game on here and in pubs, as i know full well some of the biggest moaners outside AG are some of the best supporters inside the ground.

I'm getting sick of you Tansley.

Here is a guy that has supported City for 40 years and was probably going to Ashton Gate when your old man was in nappies, yet you still feel able to direct your patronising sh1t in his direction.

I do not wish to be abusive, so I shall just advise you to grow up and have some respect for your elders and (frankly) betters when it comes to following City for any length of time.

(awaiting jumped-up glib response)

:bruce_h4h:

I may not agree with the manner of JT's comment but I do agree with the sentiment. I was dreading coming onto this forum on Sunday evening and today, but actually what I read was just a rehash of the same comments we had for half the last season. "we are going down, FACT", "Millen must go now" and so on. It does feel like there are people who are actually a bit pissed off that Millen had the audacity to prove them wrong last season, so are taking every opportunity to try and get it right this season. I just hope that unlike the boy who cried wolf, they will never finally be right.

Sorry if that is neither glib or jumped up enough for you (although I guess this bit is :))

Here is a guy that has supported City for 40 years and was probably going to Ashton Gate when your old man was in nappies, yet you still feel able to direct your patronising sh1t in his direction.

I do not wish to be abusive, so I shall just advise you to grow up and have some respect for your elders and (frankly) betters when it comes to following City for any length of time.

Agree. How flippin rude and disrespectful. Arse

N'aww

I've eaten food every day of my life, Doesn't mean I know anything about it...

Respect is earned, maybe if your ******* generation understood that the "youths" would actually respect you. By your amazing logic, being old is an excuse for spouting bullshit without being questioned.

And there it is...

So what exactly have you done to earn anyone's respect Mr. Tansley?

I am not old. I am however older than you. I have been supporting City longer than you. That doesn't make your opinion any less valid than mine (IMO), but I do have more experience to draw on.

I do not require the respect of the "youths" as you put it. I personally think that it is the "youths" (such as yourself) that should be the ones "earning" the respect.

With regards to "bullshit", I believe that you, Mr. Tansley, have the monopoly on that.

Bottom of the League. Nil points and -5 goal difference. Leicester away on Wednesday with about as much chance of winning as I have of winning the lottery.

The fans won't be there for Pompey if we lose again. This must send a message to the board that we are not prepared to watch a relegation fight this season and we want change.

No quality, no confidence and rumblings of discontent in the ranks.

It's gonna be a cold and lonely winter if we don't change things now.

Great tactic, once we get Leicester out the way, then we have games that we have a much better chance of winning and your suggesting fans stay away.

Great way to support the team.

I may not agree with the manner of JT's comment but I do agree with the sentiment. I was dreading coming onto this forum on Sunday evening and today, but actually what I read was just a rehash of the same comments we had for half the last season. "we are going down, FACT", "Millen must go now" and so on. It does feel like there are people who are actually a bit pissed off that Millen had the audacity to prove them wrong last season, so are taking every opportunity to try and get it right this season. I just hope that unlike the boy who cried wolf, they will never finally be right.

Sorry if that is neither glib or jumped up enough for you (although I guess this bit is :))

No problem with that fella.

As you have alluded to, it is the MANNER of JT's posts that I have the problem with.

And there it is...

I am not old. I am however older than you. I have been supporting City longer than you. That doesn't make your opinion any less valid than mine (IMO), but I do have more experience to draw on.

I do not require the respect of the "youths" as you put it. I personally think that it is the "youths" (such as yourself) that should be the ones "earning" the respect.

With regards to "bullshit", I believe that you, Mr. Tansley, have the monopoly on that.

Ah so it is different for me but not him or you?

Glad you agree, I'm pretty sure I said "Respect needs to be earned" ...

Oh really? So you agree with him do you? You think "we will be relegated with millen in charge, it's as simple as that" (A new variant of END OF. )

You think Millen's signings have been poor?

It's been a long and arduous weekend, and hearing some of the things said on here over the course of that weekend has been very frustrating. If people want to insult the manager and create yet another feeling of doom then I and many other posters would really appreciate there being some truth behind the moans? Fair request? If people want to slate the selections and the tactics, Then I'll be there agreeing with them. If people want to have a go at the apparent lack of improvement and therefore the coaching, then that at least has some logical basis. If people are going to claim that by simply having Keith as manager we are absolutely certain to go down, despite him keeping us up last season or that Keith's signings have been poor even though they haven't then I think it's entirely fair to show their opinions the "respect" they deserve.

Oh really? So you agree with him do you? You think "we will be relegated with millen in charge, it's as simple as that" (A new variant of END OF. )

It's been a long and arduous weekend, and hearing some of the things said on here over the course of that weekend has been very frustrating. If people want to insult the manager and create yet another feeling of doom then I and many other posters would really appreciate there being some truth behind the moans? Fair request? If people want to slate the selections and the tactics, Then I'll be there agreeing with them. If people want to have a go at the apparent lack of improvement and therefore the coaching, then that at least has some logical basis. If people are going to claim that by simply having Keith as manager we are absolutely certain to go down, despite him keeping us up last season or that Keith's signings have been poor even though they haven't then I think it's entirely fair to show their opinions the "respect" they deserve.

It comes from the strange notion that everyone has a right to an opinion and that it must automatically be regarded as valid even when it's a load of complete bollocks, and it's even more valid if you put FACT or some other equally innane drivel after it.

I think you could have perhaps put it better, but then i understand your frustration, we had about a zillion posts last season stating that unless millen was sacked we would be relegated FACT (that worked out as a stunning prediction from the resident morons didn't it?) and the season before that we had hordes of people stating the unless Johnson was sacked we would be relegated FACT (and that in all likelyhood would have turned out to be equally a load of old bollocks)

People have a right to express their opinion, but as soon as they start trying to portray their opinion as some kind of sage like fact, then frankly if you cant construct a better argument than that then your opinion deserves about as much respect as it will get which is sod all.

Sorry, who have I agreed with that said this ??

Double post

I don't believe that I agreed or disagreed with anything that he said. I was merely annoyed by your disrespectful "engage your effing brain" response.

Hope this clarifies.

Well his 40 years watching football (allegedly) makes him a far superior fan to me. your words (if slightly paraphrased) not mine. So one would assume you'd taken his "opinion" as gospel as his (alleged) support also out-dates yours.

And there it is...

Well his 40 years watching football (allegedly) makes him a far superior fan to me. your words (if slightly paraphrased) not mine. So one would assume you'd taken his "opinion" as gospel as his (alleged) support also out-dates yours.

Hope this helps.

It comes from the strange notion that everyone has a right to an opinion and that it must automatically be regarded as valid even when it's a load of complete bollocks, and it's even more valid if you put FACT or some other equally innane drivel after it.

I think you could have perhaps put it better, but then i understand your frustration, we had about a zillion posts last season stating that unless millen was sacked we would be relegated FACT (that worked out as a stunning prediction from the resident morons didn't it?) and the season before that we had hordes of people stating the unless Johnson was sacked we would be relegated FACT (and that in all likelyhood would have turned out to be equally a load of old bollocks)

People have a right to express their opinion, but as soon as they start trying to portray their opinion as some kind of sage like fact, then frankly if you cant construct a better argument than that then your opinion deserves about as much respect as it will get which is sod all.

Thanks for getting my point and understanding what a frustrating place this forum is when the knives are out. I can see where certain gripes with Millen are coming from but when stuff is so unsubstantiated it sometimes clouds the mind

I apologise to the poster for the tone in which I disagreed with him, But remain as against everything he said and think his post was full of rubbish.

Hope this helps.

I hope this helps. :fastasleep:

Agreed.

You agree his post deserved no respect?

You could give Ivan Sproule lessons in consistency.

Oh for God's sake...

I HAVE NOT intentionally agreed with any post on this thread.

I HAVE taken exception to your (IMO) patronising and disrespectful responses to posts on this thread.

Oh for God's sake...

I HAVE NOT intentionally agreed with any post on this thread.

I HAVE taken exception to your (IMO) patronising and disrespectful responses to posts on this thread.

I'm pretty sure the post you left on this thread previous to this was doing just that.

Just being a pedantic **** now, I think you have earned enough of my respect to do that.

I'm pretty sure the post you left on this thread previous to this was doing just that.

Just being a pedantic **** now, I think you have earned enough of my respect to do that.

I don't need your respect Jordan.

However, I'm now bored and tired. So, with respect, goodnight. ;)

Bottom of the League. Nil points and -5 goal difference. Leicester away on Wednesday with about as much chance of winning as I have of winning the lottery.

The fans won't be there for Pompey if we lose again. This must send a message to the board that we are not prepared to watch a relegation fight this season and we want change.

No quality, no confidence and rumblings of discontent in the ranks.

It's gonna be a cold and lonely winter if we don't change things now.

He has to be sacked now :fingerscrossed:

Agree

The fans won't be there for Pompey if we lose again. Agree

This must send a message to the board Agree

that we are not prepared to watch a relegation fight this season and we want change.

Disagree.. I will be happy sit sit and watch a relegation struggle. However the players, and management must address the negative tactics, passionless football, and the inevitabilty that is Bristol City.

But I fear this wont happen under this current regime.

No quality, Agree no confidence and rumblings of discontent in the ranks. Pass. I don't know what goes on in the bubble.

It's gonna be a cold and lonely winter if we don't change things now. Agree

• Admin

I'm prepared to take the flak I'll undoubtedly take for posting this but this is the first time in about 10 years that i couldn't be bothered to get a season ticket.

Cost isn't really an issue. I'd told myself over the summer that given the number of games I missed last season to work commitments that I'd just become a member and go to the games i was able to attend but deep down I think I resent paying through the nose to be bored witless. After the Ipswich game I was prepared to miss the next few games but will still be going simply because another ticket holder couldn't be bothered to go!

It's not just the on the field matters that are frustrating me though. A friend of mine is arranging a charity event in Knowle tomorrow in aid of the local air ambulance service through her position at a charity that helps local people with learning difficulties. You'd think that with the greater emphasis on helping forge links with the Community (see David James's article yesterday & the away shirt!) coupled with it being in our patch that the club would at least take a little notice? Not even a reply! I'm ashamed to say..."unlike Bristol Rovers".

You're welcome to slag me off for the contents of this post but when someone who has often been accused of showing blind faith or wearing rose tinted glasses feels this way shouldn't the club be a little worried?

PS in the absence of the club doing anything supportive I'm going to donate my signed pair of Scott Murray's boots to the raffle and if anyone is interested I'll post details of the event later.

I'm prepared to take the flak I'll undoubtedly take for posting this but this is the first time in about 10 years that i couldn't be bothered to get a season ticket.

Cost isn't really an issue. I'd told myself over the summer that given the number of games I missed last season to work commitments that I'd just become a member and go to the games i was able to attend but deep down I think I resent paying through the nose to be bored witless. After the Ipswich game I was prepared to miss the next few games but will still be going simply because another ticket holder couldn't be bothered to go!

It's not just the on the field matters that are frustrating me though. A friend of mine is arranging a charity event in Knowle tomorrow in aid of the local air ambulance service through her position at a charity that helps local people with learning difficulties. You'd think that with the greater emphasis on helping forge links with the Community (see David James's article yesterday & the away shirt!) coupled with it being in our patch that the club would at least take a little notice? Not even a reply! I'm ashamed to say..."unlike Bristol Rovers".

You're welcome to slag me off for the contents of this post but when someone who has often been accused of showing blind faith or wearing rose tinted glasses feels this way shouldn't the club be a little worried?

PS in the absence of the club doing anything supportive I'm going to donate my signed pair of Scott Murray's boots to the raffle and if anyone is interested I'll post details of the event later.

A 'sit up and take notice' post from a well respected poster producing something I wouldn't have expected them too.

Clearly, as you state, you have gripes beyond 'on field', but can I ask specifically how you feel on that matter?

I agree the football has been really boring for some time.

Supporting BCFC has been part of my life for so long that I can't imagine losing interest as you appear to have done.

However. people say being in the Championship is great, better opponents etc., better football (?) but is it really more fun supporting a struggling City team at this level than challenging near the top of the division below?

Not so sure it is myself, we used to often batter teams at AG and at least usually have the thrill of celebrating a few goals.

As much as we all wanted promotion, if we can't compete happily at this level then perhaps it's is a bit of a poisoned chalice.

Archived