IGNORED

The Fans Will Vote With Their Feet

harvey54

Bottom of the League. Nil points and -5 goal difference. Leicester away on Wednesday with about as much chance of winning as I have of winning the lottery.

The fans won't be there for Pompey if we lose again. This must send a message to the board that we are not prepared to watch a relegation fight this season and we want change.

No quality, no confidence and rumblings of discontent in the ranks.

It's gonna be a cold and lonely winter if we don't change things now.

Bottom of the League. Nil points and -5 goal difference. Leicester away on Wednesday with about as much chance of winning as I have of winning the lottery.

The fans won't be there for Pompey if we lose again. This must send a message to the board that we are not prepared to watch a relegation fight this season and we want change.

A relegation fight, I can handle. It's the no-fight that I would hate!

And isn't it sad?

Meh, we need to win against Pompey (yes, written Leicester off already) so the fans should be there, backs against the wall willing them on.

I don't care if people don't like Keith. I don't care if people don't rate the players. I care about BCFC and avoiding relegation.

COYR.

You have to be realistic. Turning up in numbers and making lots of noise won't fix the problems we have, thats just a bit like re-arranging the deckchairs on the Titanic I'm afraid!

I don't buy all this blind faith stuff. If you've got a leak, you've got to fix it, all the noise in the world won't do any good. Voting with our feet sends out the loudest, clearest message possible that what we have on show at the moment just will not do.

And isn't it sad?

Meh, we need to win against Pompey (yes, written Leicester off already) so the fans should be there, backs against the wall willing them on.

I don't care if people don't like Keith. I don't care if people don't rate the players. I care about BCFC and avoiding relegation.

COYR.

Sadly JT, history has shown that the core support that Bristol City can count on to turn out to cheer the team on in all circumstances number aroud 7k/8k. I know that doesn't make great reading for those of us amongst that number, (and I am probably including a few of the "moaners" on here), but the rest of the support are only going to hang around while things look fairly rosy (especially at current prices). Bristol is a footballing backwater FACT (that bits an ironic joke btw).

Sadly JT, history has shown that the core support that Bristol City can count on to turn out to cheer the team on in all circumstances number aroud 7k/8k. I know that doesn't make great reading for those of us amongst that number, (and I am probably including a few of the "moaners" on here), but the rest of the support are only going to hang around while things look fairly rosy (especially at current prices). Bristol is a footballing backwater FACT (that bits an ironic joke btw).

Agree with every word you say.

Put it this way, for the number of times this club has screwed up and seriously under-achieved and yet the fans have still gone and supported then I think with the current:

1) Lack of fight

2) Tactically naive manager

3) Unbalanced and ageing squad

4) Lack of money to adress all of the above

5) Economic climate - fans have less money now than back then, whilst your average Bristol City player has more and more

we are entitled to spend our money and time elsewhere.

I've never been one to say that we have a given right to beat teams in this league, but for a city the size of Bristol to accept footballing mediocrity like it has done in the past and now with our club very much seeming to do the same, for me it is just not acceptable. Bristol deserves at least a competitive championship team that should be us.

Rant over...

And isn't it sad?

COYR.

We all care about BCFC and avoiding relegation. To say someone who wants Millen out, doesnt care about BCFC is ridiculous.

You think fans who want him out dont help the situation?? I agree, it doesnt....in the short term. However long term, I feel fans like yourself, who keep playing down how dire a manager and coach he is, do just as much damage to the club.

The quicker he is removed the better

On the plus side the queue for a beer in my local will be shorter.

Every cloud... ;)

Putting words in my mouth there Andy, no need for that.

thats kind of what your implying....or am I wrong?

either way, I stand by what I say with regards people who keep backing Millen regardless of how many mistakes he makes are just as damaging to this club.

He is a god awful manager and a poor coach. Fingers crossed Lansdown will actually do something about it sooner rather then later....

We all care about BCFC and avoiding relegation. To say someone who wants Millen out, doesnt care about BCFC is ridiculous.

You think fans who want him out dont help the situation?? I agree, it doesnt....in the short term. However long term, I feel fans like yourself, who keep playing down how dire a manager and coach he is, do just as much damage to the club.

The quicker he is removed the better

All that is necessary for the triumph of mediocrity is that good fans make excuses. [apologies to Edmund Burke]

thats kind of what your implying....or am I wrong?

either way, I stand by what I say with regards people who keep backing Millen regardless of how many mistakes he makes are just as damaging to this club.

He is a god awful manager and a poor coach. Fingers crossed Lansdown will actually do something about it sooner rather then later....

You're wrong. My point was regardless of your feelings the club needs three points and needs the fans to get behind the team whilst they are on the pitch.

Don't happen to agree that he is god awful seeing as he has a decent enough (midtable) record in his managerial career at second tier level.

But hey, a new guy will definitely be able to a) bring in players for absolutely nothing because the board won't sanction anymore transfers

B) change a squad of inept defenders signed by GJ and SC into world beaters.

C) make everything hunky dory

Time to stop looking for a scapegoat and objectively look at ALL the problems at the club.

i've supported city for 40 years.the best time for me watching city was the taylor,gavin,smith days. great football to watch.

i,ll be here saturday as always but frankly it's like watching paint dry with this team. they play with too much fear.

if we keep millen we get relegated,it's as simple as that!

i've supported city for 40 years.the best time for me watching city was the taylor,gavin,smith days. great football to watch.

i,ll be here saturday as always but frankly it's like watching paint dry with this team. they play with too much fear.

if we keep millen we get relegated,it's as simple as that!

And how many times did we hear that last season... Fleeting comments again, getting boring. Engage your effing brain.

And how many times did we hear that last season... Fleeting comments again, getting boring. Engage your effing

you call me boring then come up with a comment like that!that is really constructive aint it?

for the record,i didn't want millen appointed in the first place,his signings pre season have been poor.

and i believe we will be in big trouble keeping him on.

lets see if you can reply without abuse shall we!

You're wrong. My point was regardless of your feelings the club needs three points and needs the fans to get behind the team whilst they are on the pitch.

Don't happen to agree that he is god awful seeing as he has a decent enough (midtable) record in his managerial career at second tier level.

But hey, a new guy will definitely be able to a) bring in players for absolutely nothing because the board won't sanction anymore transfers

B) change a squad of inept defenders signed by GJ and SC into world beaters.

C) make everything hunky dory

Time to stop looking for a scapegoat and objectively look at ALL the problems at the club.

.....and Millen is a massive part of the problems at the club. Its nothing to do with looking for a Scapegoat...its just the way it is. He is coach, manager....his resposibility.

This brings me onto Point B....I appreciate our defenders are not, and never will be," world beaters", however I also believe we have enough to be a team capable of being midtable, maybe just below. Millen has no excuses....his words, not mine. Yes we survived last year, but i eprsonally feel we look worse this year then we did last.

I predict Millen will be gone by mid September......we lose our next two games, I think he will be gone by middle of next week. He fast approaching the point of no return with some fans. Yesterdays farcical formation summed the blokle up for me.....

Hardly abuse babe, use your head. With 44 games left of the season it is not "we're relegated with him jn charge, end of" at all is it.

Stop making ridiculous unsubstantiated and fleeting comments and the replies might be a little more to your liking.

And how exactly have they been poor? He's brought in the midfielder we spent last season crying out for and two young lads for a pittance. He's brought in Spence, who everyone wanted back and has no money... What could he have don't better then oh great one?

Slag off his bemusing tactics and selections if you must, you might have a point then, but stop spouting horse shit.

Thanks.

I miss it being 10000 of us on a damp and freezing Tuesday night against Southend.

The atmosphere was better then too.

Do you really belive that? Atmosphere in league 1 was shocking. No East End open to home fans and maybe a few hundred away fans in there. Watching God awfull football.

Do you really belive that? Atmosphere in league 1 was shocking. No East End open to home fans and maybe a few hundred away fans in there. Watching God awfull football.

Atmosphere in the championship is shocking... Unless were winning when it perks up for five minutes.

I kinda miss being able to hear the nutter in the atyeo shouting "Donnelly, go back to digging potatoes" and "Lino, you've only got a moustache 'cos your mother had one!"

And how many times did we hear that last season... Fleeting comments again, getting boring. Engage your effing brain.

I'm getting sick of you Tansley.

Here is a guy that has supported City for 40 years and was probably going to Ashton Gate when your old man was in nappies, yet you still feel able to direct your patronising sh1t in his direction.

I do not wish to be abusive, so I shall just advise you to grow up and have some respect for your elders and (frankly) betters when it comes to following City for any length of time.

(awaiting jumped-up glib response)

:bruce_h4h:

I'm getting sick of you Tansley.

Here is a guy that has supported City for 40 years and was probably going to Ashton Gate when your old man was in nappies, yet you still feel able to direct your patronising sh1t in his direction.

I do not wish to be abusive, so I shall just advise you to grow up and have some respect for your elders and (frankly) betters when it comes to following City for any length of time.

(awaiting jumped-up glib response)

:bruce_h4h:

N'aww

I've eaten food every day of my life, Doesn't mean I know anything about it...

Respect is earned, maybe if your ******* generation understood that the "youths" would actually respect you. By your amazing logic, being old is an excuse for spouting bullshit without being questioned.

Archived