IGNORED

Sack Millen?

Robbored

Bought him more time really, lets see how we are after 10 games and then make a decision.

Are we gonna go through this after every win/loss? Yay we won Millen for England, boo we lost Sack him now. Seems a bit moronic to me, and some of you come across well..... simple.

Spot on, i base my opinion on Millen after his 12 months in charge not after 1 victory last night

Gerken has to remain in goal FACT........Give the lad a run of games against softer opposition build some confidence up, always thought he was a fantastic shot stopper, a couple of loan defensive signings will do us the world of good!!

Jury very much still out on Millen for me, i hope he fully turns it round, but finally found his ball sack and dropped James

Gerken has to remain in goal FACT........Give the lad a run of games against softer opposition build some confidence up, always thought he was a fantastic shot stopper, a couple of loan defensive signings will do us the world of good!!

Jury very much still out on Millen for me, i hope he fully turns it round, but finally found his ball sack and dropped James

Does anyone know how Jamo's contract for this year plays out?

Does he get another year if he plays a certain number of games?

There was no point in defending Millen after Cardiff. The knives were out as the 'Millen Out' thread showed and my voice of reason would have been lost in the diatribe of bile aimed at him.

Far better to let Millen defend himself by winning at Leicester.

You are making a long range doom and gloom prediction based on three games. We are 'not good enough' in your opinion. Well I disagree and have said all along that City will finish mid-table come April 2012. Last nights result just confirmed that for me. Between now and then there will be more wins and more defeats and the important thing is not to over react to either.

Holloway was on Talksport a couple of days ago and was asked 'how long before you know how big a threat Blackpool will be'? Holloway said ''10 games, by then the season is fully under way and you'll know how good your squad is'' He was spot on.

my doom and gllom is based over 48 games millen has been in charge not 3 this season,

The signins he's made for some one whos good in the transfer market how can only 2 of his signings dis-lodge "Johnson's crap" as you like to put it,

As with the papering over the cracks thread lets not get carried away you accuse people who want millen to go (and that number is growing) of knee jerk reactions yet you do the same,

You accuse people of not giving millen time yet you did the same with johnson,

If you want a fair and reasoned discussion then you need to do the same,

Me I'm on the fence I said i'd give him the opening 10 games of this season before I make my mind up and I will, but it is the worst football I've seen and Cardiff and donnie aside much worse then anything johnson produced,

If that now improves after the excellent performance and result last night great and I hope it doesn, none of us want city to do badly but it does feel we're going backwards faster then a bullet out of a gun,

The contridicting statments from the chairman and manager has helped fuel this discontent as I pointed out in my thread yesterday,

If they can read from the same sheet and the team and manager can start showing the fight and direction they showed last night then and only then you can gloat and get back up on your high horse robbo but not after one result please as your no better then the people who had the kneejerk reaction after the cardiff game,

My love for all things DJ? you having a laugh? If it was up to me Henderson would have been in goal tonight.

But Millen ****** that up because he gave gerken a 2 yr deal!

change the record please, henderson has gone, get over it, we offered him a deal, he went, he played a max of 5 1st team games for us, so how you can possibly claim he is the answer to us is pretty weird.....o, and to compile that, he is now no2 at pompy.......the way you rattle on you would think he was giving valdes and casillias a run for there money!

im fed up of people being constantly negative about KM, nick naming him is pathetic, knee jerk reactions are pathetic.

continuity is essential, his hands are still tied, and we will be safe with him.

rant over

my doom and gllom is based over 48 games millen has been in charge not 3 this season,

The signins he's made for some one whos good in the transfer market how can only 2 of his signings dis-lodge "Johnson's crap" as you like to put it,

As with the papering over the cracks thread lets not get carried away you accuse people who want millen to go (and that number is growing) of knee jerk reactions yet you do the same,

You accuse people of not giving millen time yet you did the same with johnson,

If you want a fair and reasoned discussion then you need to do the same,

Me I'm on the fence I said i'd give him the opening 10 games of this season before I make my mind up and I will, but it is the worst football I've seen and Cardiff and donnie aside much worse then anything johnson produced,

If that now improves after the excellent performance and result last night great and I hope it doesn, none of us want city to do badly but it does feel we're going backwards faster then a bullet out of a gun,

The contridicting statments from the chairman and manager has helped fuel this discontent as I pointed out in my thread yesterday,

If they can read from the same sheet and the team and manager can start showing the fight and direction they showed last night then and only then you can gloat and get back up on your high horse robbo but not after one result please as your no better then the people who had the kneejerk reaction after the cardiff game,

Saying Millen's teams are producing worse football than the last two season's under Johnson is laughable. Only Millen's fiercest critics would think that. My main complaint about Johnson was how over cautious he was. Nick a goal and hang on.............like watching ice melt on a cold winters day.

As for 'gloating'. Like many fans I was relieved, delighted and very happy that City not only won away but did so with quite a bit of flair and style. Not something the anti-Milen brigade thought was possible and they were proved wrong and so I make no apology if you thought I was 'gloating'.

I agree about the Chairman and manager contradicting each other. They should talk before they say anything publically to ensure they're on the same page.

Saying Millen's teams are producing worse football than the last two season's under Johnson is laughable. Only Millen's fiercest critics would think that. My main complaint about Johnson was how over cautious he was. Nick a goal and hang on.............like watching ice melt on a cold winters day.

As for 'gloating'. Like many fans I was relieved, delighted and very happy that City not only won away but did so with quite a bit of flair and style. Not something the anti-Milen brigade thought was possible and they were proved wrong and so I make no apology if you thought I was 'gloating'.

I agree about the Chairman and manager contradicting each other. They should talk before they say anything publically to ensure they're on the same page.

thats how I see it at the moment Robbo and thats how I have for along time, I'd much perfer to nick 1-0's and be hard to beat then getting spanked week in week out as we are now,

The "anti-millen" brigade aare doing what you did with johnson and its so ironic that you can't see this,

like I said no one want to see city lose but one result doesn't change anything, what happens if we get stuffed by portsmouth we'll go full circle and people will use threads like this to justify what they are posting just like you are doing now, and you will moan about it,

Lets just all calm down abit and hope this is the start of the run this club has needed for a very long time

Saying Millen's teams are producing worse football than the last two season's under Johnson is laughable. Only Millen's fiercest critics would think that. My main complaint about Johnson was how over cautious he was. Nick a goal and hang on.............like watching ice melt on a cold winters day

At least Johnson's teams were always in games - bar one or two heavy defeats of course.

Millen's team quite often concede a goal or two and are chasing the game early on.....

Being in a game is more entertaining that getting well beaten - If you think anything different, then you need your head read.

Johnson's first 2/3 years was the most entertaining, in the 17 years of following city. Millen's is almost the worst. 2nd only to Osman.

At least Johnson's teams were always in games - bar one or two heavy defeats of course.

Millen's team quite often concede a goal or two and are chasing the game early on.....

Being in a game is more entertaining that getting well beaten - If you think anything different, then you need your head read.

Johnson's first 2/3 years was the most entertaining, in the 17 years of following city. Millen's is almost the worst. 2nd only to Osman.

He's not that bad yet riaz more of a benny for me a great coach (anything but defensive that is) but an unconvincing manager

thats how I see it at the moment Robbo and thats how I have for along time, I'd much perfer to nick 1-0's and be hard to beat then getting spanked week in week out as we are now,

The "anti-millen" brigade aare doing what you did with johnson and its so ironic that you can't see this,

like I said no one want to see city lose but one result doesn't change anything, what happens if we get stuffed by portsmouth we'll go full circle and people will use threads like this to justify what they are posting just like you are doing now, and you will moan about it,

Lets just all calm down abit and hope this is the start of the run this club has needed for a very long time

Big difference is I never liked Johnson's 'my way or the highway' attitude to managing and from early on I could see that it was all going to go tits up which of course it eventually did. On the way to his demise he managed two successful season's. The first and fair play to him was entertaining and just what City fans wanted. The second, play-off season was different and based on exactly what I critised him for. Nick a goal and hang on and that season it worked (with a great deal of good fortune) and fans overlooked the lack of flair or goals. It didn't work the season after or the season after that. He ran out of good fortune and couldn't adapt.

Millen is very different to Johnson in the way he manages. He's professional, thinks deeply about the game, holds his hands up when he gets it wrong and tries to play attacking football. It hasn't always worked ( it did last night ) but I like the way Millen incorporates the wider picture and has a long term plan for the club. Within his first year he's introduced the development squad and revamped the coaching set-up to be more wide reaching and professional. Johnson's idea of the coaching set up was run it like the family corner shop.

Millen deserves the time to create the squad/team he plans and it won't be until next summer that he can rid the club of many of the surplus players. The important word here is plan. I don't think Johnson ever had one.

Trouble is the figures don't stack up RR, last 10 league games Won 3 Drew 1 Lost 6, it's still not good enough, Millen has found it impossible to find consistency, Still too much of your favourite hoofball and players playing out of position. Also we have been told by people like you how astute Millen is in the transfer market, 7 payers brought in to date and only 2 started last night and the signing of 2 left sided midfielders/wingers neither of whom have had a start this season is baffling, the truth probably is the Woolford signing is/was a mistake, however little budget Millen spent on Bolasie and Taylor it should have been spent on a defender, it is little things like this that sound alarm bells for me and others.

However he showed balls last night leaving out DJ and is going to have to leave him out again, I would like to see no more Mr Nice Guy in his dealings with Hunt, Stewart, Clarkson and Johnson their presence is like a bad smell lingering over the club and they need to be shifted.

I would love nothing more than to be proved wrong and suffer the slings and arrows of your gloating, but I fear very little has changed more dodgy signings and nobody of significance through the out door.

Big difference is I never liked Johnson's 'my way or the highway' attitude to managing and from early on I could see that it was all going to go tits up which of course it eventually did. On the way to his demise he managed two successful season's. The first and fair play to him was entertaining and just what City fans wanted. The second, play-off season was different and based on exactly what I critised him for. Nick a goal and hang on and that season it worked (with a great deal of good fortune) and fans overlooked the lack of flair or goals. It didn't work the season after or the season after that. He ran out of good fortune and couldn't adapt.

Millen is very different to Johnson in the way he manages. He's professional, thinks deeply about the game, holds his hands up when he gets it wrong and tries to play attacking football. It hasn't always worked ( it did last night ) but I like the way Millen incorporates the wider picture and has a long term plan for the club. Within his first year he's introduced the development squad and revamped the coaching set-up to be more wide reaching and professional. Johnson's idea of the coaching set up was run it like the family corner shop.

Millen deserves the time to create the squad/team he plans and it won't be until next summer that he can rid the club of many of the surplus players. The important word here is plan. I don't think Johnson ever had one.

Tries to play attacking football? i must of missed those games, a lot of casual supporters i know are not going to AG because the standard of football is so poor under Millen, nearly £30 a time is too, much for most casual fans unless we are regularly winning or challenging at the top.

Thats a laugh when we get it wron all we hear is excuse after excuse after excuse and thats what many people are sick of and thats why are larger section of support are turning against him, it took 5 years for you to be proved right (not once did we finish outside of the top 10 in that time) 5 years is longer then most manager get at any club, you call it a failure I call it a bloody sucsessful,

Your deep thinking pro excuse filled manager Millen learn alot of what he knows from the un-pro manager johnson the fact Gary recommended Millen for the job to Lansdown before coppell came in also escapes you,

Johnson Coaching set up is better then millens as we didn't have the consistent mistake we have not and his coaching set is largly what millen is using now aprt from the new chief scout new assistent manager the new sports scientist guy (who coppell brought in) its the same as Johnson's

In other words you and millen should be very thankful to johnson for this "proffesonal set up" we now have which has brought more mistakes then I've had hot dinners since millen has taken over as manager,

Millen will continue to live in johnsons shadow and questions will continue to be asked until he has his own coaching team,

Thats my biggest gripe the coaching set up and cosyness of players we have here now

There was no point in defending Millen after Cardiff. The knives were out as the 'Millen Out' thread showed and my voice of reason would have been lost in the diatribe of bile aimed at him.

Far better to let Millen defend himself by winning at Leicester.

You are making a long range doom and gloom prediction based on three games. We are 'not good enough' in your opinion. Well I disagree and have said all along that City will finish mid-table come April 2012. Last nights result just confirmed that for me. Between now and then there will be more wins and more defeats and the important thing is not to over react to either.

Holloway was on Talksport a couple of days ago and was asked 'how long before you know how big a threat Blackpool will be'? Holloway said ''10 games, by then the season is fully under way and you'll know how good your squad is'' He was spot on.

your right...there was no point defending Millen after Cardiff. Why? because his selection and formation was indefendable!

Robbo, your a class act pal. You disappeared off the face of the earth Sunday, why? well we all know why

The 10 game rule will be interesting, I look forward to seeing where we are after that

If he is such a deep thinker, what happened last season against ipswich, when they went down to 10 men? most managers would try, especially when losing, to make the extra man count. Not Millen - he kept a back four the whole game - against one striker and then wondered why we could'nt break them down. Surely a deep thinker would have said - okay we dont need 4 against one forward, lets make the extra man count, by taking off a defender and putting a extra man in midfield - no thats far too tactical for millen.

How about the time he put Elliott behind the front man?! not only was it clueless, but its also not very pure!

I would like to see no more Mr Nice Guy in his dealings with Hunt, Stewart, Clarkson and Johnson their presence is like a bad smell lingering over the club and they need to be shifted.

I would love nothing more than to be proved wrong and suffer the slings and arrows of your gloating, but I fear very little has changed more dodgy signings and nobody of significance through the out door.

I'm sure Millen would want them gone as well. Problem is they're contracted for another year and as no other clubs are showing any interest City are stuck with them. Hardly's Millen fault.

Dodgy signings? Who do mean?

I would agree with you about Henderson except it has been made clear on here that Henderson had already indicated he was not going to sign BEFORE Gerken was offered a new contract.

Therefore KM had to either offer Gerken a new contract or risk being left with DJ as our only keeper.

If it had been a straight choice for KM of keeping either Henderson or Gerken, with both wanting to stay, then I too would have preferred Gerken to be the one go.

Henderson has more potential and will probably will go further in the game, but Gerken, although neither perfect nor the finished article himself, is competent at this level and nowhere near as bad as you keep saying.

Gospel. Well said.

I'm sure Millen would want them gone as well. Problem is they're contracted for another year and as no other clubs are showing any interest City are stuck with them. Hardly's Millen fault.

Dodgy signings? Who do mean?

Well firstly you mentioned GJ running the club like a corner shop and you mentioned my way or the highway attitude. One thing he did do was to shift on Stewart, Bridges, Partridge and Dinning pretty sharpish when he realised what complete wasters they were and what a liability they were inherited from the previous manager, Millen seems to be running it like one of your profession, this is football club, football can be a harsh business, but the rewards are great and sometimes a manager has to create an atmosphere where players would rather take a drop in wages than stay in an unhealthy marriage and if they won't then make sure the football world in general knows the attitude of these players making them unemployable, basically we owe them nothing harsh but true.

Dodgy = Woolford, sorry don't get it a much needed left sided player does not get a look in, money that could and should added to Bolasie and Taylor might have brought in a good defender.

if Millen had not given Gerken a 2 yr deal, Henderson would still be here.

This is untrue.

I've got no hatred of Millen.

This is very, very hard to believe given the way you post and the way you seem to try and put a negative slant on everything no matter how minor. You give the strong impression that you have it in for Millen just as much if not more than your favourite poster did for GJ.

You say it all went tits up for Johnson and you could see it?? do you not also recognise that, regardless of the fact Johnson ran out of ideas.....he still left this club in a far, far better position then the one he found? He took this club to the next level...literally, and really turned this club around.

Johnson simply ran out of ideas, and couldnt evolve his management skills with the way the club wanted to head. He is great at handling and getting the best out of lower league type players, but his "grenade" attitude doesnt always work with the better calibre of players, the players who have played at a higher level then the likes of Elliott, Noble, Johnson, Orr (at the time), Basso etc.

12 months after the play off defeat I said on here and in work Johnson had to go.......after the Ipswich 1-1 home draw. However I recognise this man was fantastic for this club and had we not got him, I shudder to think where we might be now if we had ended up with Martin Allen or stuck with Tins. Im extremely grateful for what he did for us....and it pi**es me off when people with their own hidden agendas fail to recognise what an amazing job he did, and carries on as if he failed here and "they were right all along"

Anyway, on to Millen. I dont disagree with you when you say he is trying to play better football. He is, and hats off to him for that, however at this moment in time, 48 games down the line, I still do not see any real progress on the pitch. I still see players and formations which look stale. I still think he needs to look at his coaching staff, as I really believe one or two of them need to be moved on and replaced. We still make to many stupid errors, and they are not "one offs". They are regualar and the cost us a lot of points.

Fantastic result last night, it showed a tremendous amount of guts.....however he needs to build on it now and start sorting out this home record

I

Trouble is the figures don't stack up RR, last 10 league games Won 3 Drew 1 Lost 6, it's still not good enough, Millen has found it impossible to find consistency, Still too much of your favourite hoofball and players playing out of position. Also we have been told by people like you how astute Millen is in the transfer market, 7 payers brought in to date and only 2 started last night and the signing of 2 left sided midfielders/wingers neither of whom have had a start this season is baffling, the truth probably is the Woolford signing is/was a mistake, however little budget Millen spent on Bolasie and Taylor it should have been spent on a defender, it is little things like this that sound alarm bells for me and others.

However he showed balls last night leaving out DJ and is going to have to leave him out again, I would like to see no more Mr Nice Guy in his dealings with Hunt, Stewart, Clarkson and Johnson their presence is like a bad smell lingering over the club and they need to be shifted.

I think LJ still being at the club annoys me more than anything, he would rather sit in the reserves, picking up his several grand a week which is funding his "property speculation" in the Bristol area, not in the slightest bit interested in moving to another club even on loan, of course this is totally out of Millens hands but for me its everything thats wrong with SOME of todays footballers, where some would rather bleed the clubs/supporters dry by just turning up for training 2 hours a day for 3/4 days a week surely they should want to play football even if it means dropping a division or two on loan where BCFC could still pay a large percentage of the wages, everyone a winner

This is untrue.

This is very, very hard to believe given the way you post and the way you seem to try and put a negative slant on everything no matter how minor. You give the strong impression that you have it in for Millen just as much if not more than your favourite poster did for GJ.

got to defend riaz on that one,

He's the same as me I think and thats on the fence no hatred of the bloke like robbo did with johnson but is not happy with the direction the club seems to of taken under his stewardship,

I will be happy if it turns around which there is every chance it could

Well firstly you mentioned GJ running the club like a corner shop and you mentioned my way or the highway attitude. One thing he did do was to shift on Stewart, Bridges, Partridge and Dinning pretty sharpish when he realised what complete wasters they were and what a liability they were inherited from the previous manager, Millen seems to be running it like one of your profession, this is football club, football can be a harsh business, but the rewards are great and sometimes a manager has to create an atmosphere where players would rather take a drop in wages than stay in an unhealthy marriage and if they won't then make sure the football world in general knows the attitude of these players making them unemployable, basically we owe them nothing harsh but true.

Dodgy = Woolford, sorry don't get it a much needed left sided player does not get a look in, money that could and should added to Bolasie and Taylor might have brought in a good defender.

Jury is still out on Woolford, he's not proved to be a 'dodgy' signing yet. Is he you're only 'dodgy' signing?

As for Stewart, Bridges et al. Different scenario completely. Contracts for start.

I

I think LJ still being at the club annoys me more than anything, he would rather sit in the reserves, picking up his several grand a week which is funding his "property speculation" in the Bristol area, not in the slightest bit interested in moving to another club even on loan, of course this is totally out of Millens hands but for me its everything thats wrong with SOME of todays footballers, where some would rather bleed the clubs/supporters dry by just turning up for training 2 hours a day for 3/4 days a week surely they should want to play football even if it means dropping a division or two on loan where BCFC could still pay a large percentage of the wages, everyone a winner

complete and utter crap regarding Johnson if a club came in for him he'd move if he has got no future here, (I'd keep hold of him as he's the only other thing like a creative player we have next to kilkenny) anyway when a club did show interest in him he left that was derby,

most footballers would rather be playing football then sat on their arse and that is a fact

You say it all went tits up for Johnson and you could see it?? do you not also recognise that, regardless of the fact Johnson ran out of ideas.....he still left this club in a far, far better position then the one he found? He took this club to the next level...literally, and really turned this club around.

Johnson simply ran out of ideas, and couldnt evolve his management skills with the way the club wanted to head. He is great at handling and getting the best out of lower league type players, but his "grenade" attitude doesnt always work with the better calibre of players, the players who have played at a higher level then the likes of Elliott, Noble, Johnson, Orr (at the time), Basso etc.

12 months after the play off defeat I said on here and in work Johnson had to go.......after the Ipswich 1-1 home draw. However I recognise this man was fantastic for this club and had we not got him, I shudder to think where we might be now if we had ended up with Martin Allen or stuck with Tins.

Anyway, on to Millen. I dont disagree with you when you say he is trying to play better football. He is, and hats off to him for that, however at this moment in time, 48 games down the line, I still do not see any real progress on the pitch. I still see players and formations which look stale. I still think he needs to look at his coaching staff, as I really believe one or two of them need to be moved on and replaced. We still make to many stupid errors, and they are not "one offs". They are regualar and the cost us a lot of points.

Fantastic result last night, it showed a tremendous amount of guts.....however he needs to build on it now and start sorting out this home record

Reading this I get the impression that ours views only differ massively on our previous manager. We are not poles apart on Millen, not completely on the same page yet but fairly close.

got to defend riaz on that one,

He's the same as me I think and thats on the fence no hatred of the bloke like robbo did with johnson but is not happy with the direction the club seems to of taken under his stewardship,

I will be happy if it turns around which there is every chance it could

His posts about KM are not noticeably different to Robbo's about GJ, and I am sure the concerns he has are the same ones Robbo did. Considering the amount of stick he's given out on that subject, it's more than a little hypocritical.

Archived