IGNORED

Sack Millen?

Robbored

You say it all went tits up for Johnson and you could see it?? do you not also recognise that, regardless of the fact Johnson ran out of ideas.....he still left this club in a far, far better position then the one he found? He took this club to the next level...literally, and really turned this club around.

Johnson simply ran out of ideas, and couldnt evolve his management skills with the way the club wanted to head. He is great at handling and getting the best out of lower league type players, but his "grenade" attitude doesnt always work with the better calibre of players, the players who have played at a higher level then the likes of Elliott, Noble, Johnson, Orr (at the time), Basso etc.

12 months after the play off defeat I said on here and in work Johnson had to go.......after the Ipswich 1-1 home draw. However I recognise this man was fantastic for this club and had we not got him, I shudder to think where we might be now if we had ended up with Martin Allen or stuck with Tins.

Anyway, on to Millen. I dont disagree with you when you say he is trying to play better football. He is, and hats off to him for that, however at this moment in time, 48 games down the line, I still do not see any real progress on the pitch. I still see players and formations which look stale. I still think he needs to look at his coaching staff, as I really believe one or two of them need to be moved on and replaced. We still make to many stupid errors, and they are not "one offs". They are regualar and the cost us a lot of points.

Fantastic result last night, it showed a tremendous amount of guts.....however he needs to build on it now and start sorting out this home record

Agree with everything you say about Johnson, we had some great and exciting times with him and he certainly left us in a better place than when he joined us but ultimately his time was up, i really fail to understand how any city fan can criticise him (perhaps they would like to see us bottom of the third division again) i for one look forward to maybe seeing him at AG again as a rival manager and i'm sure he would get a great round of applause from a vast majority of City fans, (hope Millen wouldn't get stroppy like Tinnion did when Wilson came back)

There was no point in defending Millen after Cardiff. The knives were out as the 'Millen Out' thread showed and my voice of reason would have been lost in the diatribe of bile aimed at him.

Far better to let Millen defend himself by winning at Leicester.

You are making a long range doom and gloom prediction based on three games. We are 'not good enough' in your opinion. Well I disagree and have said all along that City will finish mid-table come April 2012. Last nights result just confirmed that for me. Between now and then there will be more wins and more defeats and the important thing is not to over react to either.

Holloway was on Talksport a couple of days ago and was asked 'how long before you know how big a threat Blackpool will be'? Holloway said ''10 games, by then the season is fully under way and you'll know how good your squad is'' He was spot on.

Have to agree with you there Robbo.

I still struggle to see why so many people have us as something we`re quite clearly not, and thats as a team challenging in the top 10 from the start. It clearly wasn`t to be the case and had results have been different and we`d been one of those 3 from 3 sides at the top i`d still be saying the same thing. League table doesn`t count for shit atm and i reckon a mid-table finish is more than good enough for KM who is still managing a squad with his hands tie behind his back.

The critics have shown that no matter what the result they can twist or ignore it to suit there opinions. I`ll stick to mine, more than enough to stay up, Maynard we`ll be lucky to keep hold of him any longer than xmas, Millen going nowhere, more ups and downs to come, more OTIB meltdown but thats how a lot of people like it, and my ignore list will probably get bigger.

PDG

Jury is still out on Woolford, he's not proved to be a 'dodgy' signing yet. Is he you're only 'dodgy' signing?

As for Stewart, Bridges et al. Different scenario completely. Contracts for start.

Yes of course it is, because it dosen't suit your argument, all of them were on big money and all of them signed by the previous manager and all of them shipped out quickly.

and yes the jury is out on Woolford but increasingly looking like Millen dosen't rate him. The signings of Bolasie and Taylor are dodgy from the point of view that the money should have prioritised elsewhere.

This is very, very hard to believe given the way you post and the way you seem to try and put a negative slant on everything no matter how minor. You give the strong impression that you have it in for Millen just as much if not more than your favourite poster did for GJ.

I'm sure it would appear that way - I'm sure people think I am like Robbored/GJ - to be honest I dont care - I cant prove that I dont hate him...

Unlike others, I feel he deserved his chance - but unfortunately he aint good enough. My opinion is that he is a terrible manager.

complete and utter crap regarding Johnson if a club came in for him he'd move if he has got no future here, (I'd keep hold of him as he's the only other thing like a creative player we have next to kilkenny) anyway when a club did show interest in him he left that was derby,

most footballers would rather be playing football then sat on their arse and that is a fact

Spot on when you say MOST footballers, i must of missed those games where LJ was creative, surely if he is as creative as you say he would be better off at Bath City or Forest Green, Yeovil, Aldershot, Hereford, playing regular football every week with BCFC paying still paying the vast majority of his wages?

His posts about KM are not noticeably different to Robbo's about GJ, and I am sure the concerns he has are the same ones Robbo did. Considering the amount of stick he's given out on that subject, it's more than a little hypocritical.

There is one key difference - results.

Spot on when you say MOST footballers, i must of missed those games where LJ was creative, surely if he is as creative as you say he would be better off at Bath City or Forest Green, Yeovil, Aldershot, Hereford, playing regular football every week with BCFC paying still paying the vast majority of his wages?

I'm not saying he is creative I'm saying he's the closest thing next to kilkenny,

He is an avg player at this level and a good player at league one that is for sure,

But if he leaves you need to replace him until booy ried is ready to step up (another 2 years i think), I wouldn't offer him a new contract but there is one thing you can say about lee he doesn't lack effort no matter how poor or decent he can be he always puts 100% in, some of our other players could do with his effort,

any way we have players we all agree need to go some will need a replacement some won't this is how I see it,

Carey Louis (not because he's bad but because of age) needs replacing

Hunt doesn't

Stewert needs replaceing

Johnson needs replacing

James needs replacing (again because of age not abilty)

Mcallister needs replacing (arguement done to death)

Cisse doesn't

Clarkson doesn't

Maynard needs replacing (lets not kid ourself if he signs he still won't be here next season)

Thats just my feelings anyway

I'm not saying he is creative I'm saying he's the closest thing next to kilkenny,

He is an avg player at this level and a good player at league one that is for sure,

But if he leaves you need to replace him until booy ried is ready to step up (another 2 years i think), I wouldn't offer him a new contract but there is one thing you can say about lee he doesn't lack effort no matter how poor or decent he can be he always puts 100% in, some of our other players could do with his effort,

any way we have players we all agree need to go some will need a replacement some won't this is how I see it,

Carey Louis (not because he's bad but because of age) needs replacing

Hunt doesn't

Stewert needs replaceing

Johnson needs replacing

James needs replacing (again because of age not abilty)

Mcallister needs replacing (arguement done to death)

Cisse doesn't

Clarkson doesn't

Maynard needs replacing (lets not kid ourself if he signs he still won't be here next season)

Thats just my feelings anyway

Fair comments, Surely there must be a decent left-back amongst the 48 teams in the bottom divisions we could snap up? its been an on-going problem position now for 3/4 years

Have to agree with you there Robbo.

I still struggle to see why so many people have us as something we`re quite clearly not, and thats as a team challenging in the top 10 from the start. It clearly wasn`t to be the case and had results have been different and we`d been one of those 3 from 3 sides at the top i`d still be saying the same thing. League table doesn`t count for shit atm and i reckon a mid-table finish is more than good enough for KM who is still managing a squad with his hands tie behind his back.

The critics have shown that no matter what the result they can twist or ignore it to suit there opinions. I`ll stick to mine, more than enough to stay up, Maynard we`ll be lucky to keep hold of him any longer than xmas, Millen going nowhere, more ups and downs to come, more OTIB meltdown but thats how a lot of people like it, and my ignore list will probably get bigger.

PDG

because Millen said there should be no excuses this year?

Fair comments, Surely there must be a decent left-back amongst the 48 teams in the bottom divisions we could snap up? its been an on-going problem position now for 3/4 years

there is but we'll be opening up an whole other debate on that one and it would be full circle of one we had before the season started,

Listening to the post match interview with Millen and he makes a comment at the end, basically saying that there was alot of hype around the club at the beginning of the season and that we expected promotion (words to that effect)

Now even the Millen supporters must accept that, that's a load of bollocks?!

Fantastic win tonight. Sounded as if it could have been a lot more comfortable particularly had Maynard scored the penalty and had Taylor rolled it to him in the last min.

Well done to Millen for making the decision to drop James and even thought Gerkin was at fault for the equaliser it was the right move. Elliot and Skuse strong in midfield with Kilkenny spraying the ball around. JCR,Maynard and Albert al putting in impressive displays. Defensively very solid at last.

The big difference tonight was City not making stupid mistakes.

No doubt Riaz will be phoning the Samaritans after this result..............................laughcont.gif

Excellent result, of which there is no doubt, and all Bristol City supporters will be relieved to be off the mark at last.

I look upon it as three very welcome bonus points in the fight to retain our Championship status.

We now need another 49 to go with these 3 little beauties.

That said, I am still concerned about how the season will pan out. Sky sports said it was a "complete" away performance.

However, it is the home form where my concerns lay. This is where we will earn the points to ensure safety.

Millen must release the players from their shackles.

Playing as an "away" side at Ashton Gate wont work.

We must attack.

The onus is on us to attack.

The exultation of winning at Ashton Gate must outweigh his fear of losing.

Playing attacking, entertaining football will awaken the dwindling support inside the ground, which in turn will spur on the players.

The differing views people have about Millen is irrelevant. No doubt Riaz enjoyed the victory as much as you, and as much as me.

The bigger picture is Bristol City FC.

Let's hope you are posting again on Saturday evening.

Listening to the post match interview with Millen and he makes a comment at the end, basically saying that there was alot of hype around the club at the beginning of the season and that we expected promotion (words to that effect)

I'm sorry but if that is true then thats even more evedance that millen should shut up in public or at least go on a public speaking course,

Not one person has predicted promotion and 2 thirds predicted midtable and the rest relegation under him,

He just needs to be quiet half the stuck he gets would disapear

I think you`ll find he was referring to some of the hype coming from certain quarters of the club, but hey, any chance to jump on Millens back again.

PDG

Just watched the highlights...

To be fair, gerken should have done better, but "howler" is probabaly harsh.

Gerken did cause chao's when the ball went in the box near the end - this is exactly why I am against his inclusion.

The team looked like they defended well and played some good stuff.

The only two times we came close to conceding was two mistakes by guess who, my favourite two players mcallister and gerken!

Leicester might have been poor, but you have to give millen benefit of the doubt and say good perfomance and good result.... long may it continue.

Oh and I got a confession to make......... what it is.... I dont hate millen.... but he did call me into his office and asked me, as a eastender (super-fan), to be more positive - I said no, I'm entitled to my opinion.

But I wont hold it against him... he aint good enough, he's a Blue Square Premier Manager, and when he's won the championship title, missed out on champions league football by a point and it all falls apart... you'll see he is a failure and I was right all along :innocent06:

Gerken did cause chao's when the ball went in the box near the end - this is exactly why I am against his inclusion.

The only two times we came close to conceding was two mistakes by guess who, my favourite two players mcallister and gerken!

Leicester might have been poor, but you have to give millen benefit of the doubt and say good perfomance and good result.... long may it continue.

Oh and I got a confession to make......... what it is.... I dont hate millen.... but he did call me into his office and asked me, as a eastender (super-fan), to be more positive - I said no, I'm entitled to my opinion.

But I wont hold it against him... he aint good enough, he's a Blue Square Premier Manager, and when he's won the championship title, missed out on champions league football by a point and it all falls apart... you'll see he is a failure and I was right all along :innocent06:

:mf_sleep:

:laugh:

This is so funny Riaz, when you actually comically paraphrase the original RR post hopefully people who can read will realise what total hypocrite he is, but i'm sure he will find an obscure unrelated excuse.

Exactly.

Good result, but the crazy selection of gerken almost cost us dear

It really didn't. He probably should've done better on the goal but it wasn't close to being as bad as some of the errors James has made this season. He also made a stunning save from a header in the 6 yard box early in the second half, a genuinely incredible stop. I was amazed and delighted Millen had the balls t drop James and on Gerken's performance he deserves to be in goal Saturday.

I haven't been on here since Wednesday but it was an excellent performance and we looked genuinely dangerous. Maynard obviously had an excellent game but Elliot and especially Nyatanaga were incredible. Here's to hoping we keep it going against Pompey.

It really didn't. He probably should've done better on the goal but it wasn't close to being as bad as some of the errors James has made this season. He also made a stunning save from a header in the 6 yard box early in the second half, a genuinely incredible stop. I was amazed and delighted Millen had the balls t drop James and on Gerken's performance he deserves to be in goal Saturday.

How about the chaos at the end - taking out nyatanga and almost letting Bamba score in the process.

Also if you read my last post, you will see that after seeing the highlights, I admit the first goal was'nt that bad.... should have saved it tho :winner_third_h4h:

How about the chaos at the end - taking out nyatanga and almost letting Bamba score in the process.

Also if you read my last post, you will see that after seeing the highlights, I admit the first goal was'nt that bad.... should have saved it tho :winner_third_h4h:

James has flapped a lot this season and isn't as commanding as some suggest he is...

Gerken had a decent game and deserves his place Saturday is what I'm trying to say. That was a better goalkeeping performance than the previous two.

Holloway was on Talksport a couple of days ago and was asked 'how long before you know how big a threat Blackpool will be'? Holloway said ''10 games, by then the season is fully under way and you'll know how good your squad is'' He was spot on.

as the sage and voice of reason isnt here. Heres what he said we would all know after 10 games

Archived