IGNORED

Sack Millen?

Robbored

Fantastic win tonight. Sounded as if it could have been a lot more comfortable particularly had Maynard scored the penalty and had Taylor rolled it to him in the last min.

Well done to Millen for making the decision to drop James and even thought Gerkin was at fault for the equaliser it was the right move. Elliot and Skuse strong in midfield with Kilkenny spraying the ball around. JCR,Maynard and Albert al putting in impressive displays. Defensively very solid at last.

The big difference tonight was City not making stupid mistakes.

No doubt Riaz will be phoning the Samaritans after this result..............................laughcont.gif

Exactly.

Good result, but the crazy selection of gerken almost cost us dear

Will be hard to drop Gerkin now.

We will see how Professional DJ reacts to being dropped.

For me he needed the kick up the backside tbh. Has looked rather lacklustre, always blaming others, doesn't seem to offer confidence to those around him, and of late seemed slow at getting down to low shots.

For me Kilkenny has made the difference.

Tonight we had over 60% of the possesion according to Sky Sports. We've not done that in a long time.

Possesion is key.

Too right. They can't score if they ain't got the ball and teams get tired out chasing it.

Thing is, will we play like this at home ? Sounded like we invited them on to us and played on the counter. Can't see us doing that at AG.

Well done everyone, very happy and relieved.

Will be hard to drop Gerkin now.

We will see how Professional DJ reacts to being dropped.

For me he needed the kick up the backside tbh. Has looked rather lacklustre, always blaming others, doesn't seem to offer confidence to those around him, and of late seemed slow at getting down to low shots.

After a howler?

He should make a hard job a little easier for himself and drop gerken. Stick with the better keeper, even if he is going through a hard time....

Better still could have kept the young keeper we had with bags of potential...

The key thing tonight was that he actually picked our best possible team for the type of oppositon we were up against. When Fontaine is back i would still have him at Centre Back instead of Nyatanga, even though he had a top game tonight. Well Done Keith for the tactics and starting players, you got them spot on tonight. Hopefully we dont go rigid now and stick to this formation every week, as it wont work against every team !

Too right. They can't score if they ain't got the ball and teams get tired out chasing it.

Thing is, will we play like this at home ? Sounded like we invited them on to us and played on the counter. Can't see us doing that at AG.

Indeed, exactly why Johnson should never have been dropped, at least nepotism cannot be thrown at kenny, maybe he will get better treatment from the fans than Johnson. I still don't like the bloke, but he has a role, as Johnson had, so I won't lambast him while he plays.

After a howler?

He should make a hard job a little easier for himself and drop gerken. Stick with the better keeper, even if he is going through a hard time....

that is why you are not a manager. A keeper going through a bad time is a liability, if your defence cannot trust him it makes everyone jittery. Riaz for rovers manager!

We did it a lot last year at home. Using two wingers.

In my mind play Killkenny infront of the defence with either Skuse, Elliot as central midfielders and one roaming Winger...Alber or another.

Then Maynard and one of the other forwards alongside him.

We did it a lot last year at home. Using two wingers.

In my mind play Killkenny infront of the defence with either Skuse, Elliot as central midfielders and one roaming Winger...Albert or another.

Then Maynard and one of the other forwards alongside him.

Thats pretty much what Millen did tonight. Injuries allowing we'll probably see the same team on Saturday.

After a howler?

Sorry...but your love for all things DJ is commendable, but rather misguided imho.

When he's good, he's good. But of late, he's been poor, and he needed the kick up the arse.

Thats pretty much what Millen did tonight. Injuries allowing we'll probably see the same team on Saturday.

From listening to the commentary, i was under the impression JCR was being used as a second winger, and Maynard was up front on his own, with Elliot joining him from Midfield.

Sorry...but your love for all things DJ is commendable, but rather misguided imho.

When he's good, he's good. But of late, he's been poor, and he needed the kick up the arse.

My love for all things DJ? you having a laugh? If it was up to me Henderson would have been in goal tonight.

But Millen ****** that up because he gave gerken a 2 yr deal!

My love for all things DJ? you having a laugh? If it was up to me Henderson would have been in goal tonight.

But Millen ****** that up because he gave gerken a 2 yr deal!

I must be reading someone else's posts then... I always thought it was you who raved about DJ and had him in your signiture. :tumbleweed:

I just think the 4-5-1 used tonight is a great formation to use for away games because we keep possesion, lure them towards us then hit them on the break as has been previously stated. For home games KM may well decide to use a 4-3-3 formation, it doesn't differ too much from a 4-5-1 so players aren't going to be getting confused (they're not the brightest of lads) but it is considerably more attacking which is what we should be aiming for at home.

Archived