IGNORED

Today's Attendance

myol'man

Second home game of the season 12, 500 inc 1,500 Pompey.

First home game 14,500 inc 1,500 Ipswich fans.

That's 2,000 City fans lost in 2 weeks.

At this rate we'll be down to 11,00 by the Peterboro' game.

Where have all the rest gone?

moving house! No more, no less

Second home game of the season 12, 500 inc 1,500 Pompey.

First home game 14,500 inc 1,500 Ipswich fans.

That's 2,000 City fans lost in 2 weeks.

At this rate we'll be down to 11,00 by the Peterboro' game.

Where have all the rest gone?

moving house! No more, no less

We've lost 5000 season ticket holders in the last 3 years....(although some of them only bought them when it looked like we might get a year in the Premier League!) and it seems like a lot of them now arent even paying on the day for games.

Quite simply, the novelty of playing in the Championship has now well and truly dissapeared, and the club has run out of momentum. Theres no exciting signings or feel of any real progress to convince fans that its worth staying. We have gone stale and it looks like we are slowly dwindling back into League 1.

The same trend happens at every club at our size. Plymouth averaged 16,420 in their first season back at this level and that figure went down season after season until they were relegated with an average of 10,316.

Cardiff are a more promising example. Averaged 15,569 in their first Championship season but went as low as 11,720 before a new stadium and a renewed interest saw crowds soar again.

We just need to hope that once our new ground is given the all clear (1 month to go!) and begins to be built, the feel good factor will return to the club. Cardiff did well to promote season tickets for the last ever season at Ninian Park, and we need to do the same.

We also need to hope that the quality of football improves, which is a much tougher ask... At least we'll be guarenteed 2 big crowds this season against Leeds and West Ham.

We've lost 5000 season ticket holders in the last 3 years....(although some of them only bought them when it looked like we might get a year in the Premier League!) and it seems like a lot of them now arent even paying on the day for games.

Quite simply, the novelty of playing in the Championship has now well and truly dissapeared, and the club has run out of momentum. Theres no exciting signings or feel of any real progress to convince fans that its worth staying. We have gone stale and it looks like we are slowly dwindling back into League 1.

The same trend happens at every club at our size. Plymouth averaged 16,420 in their first season back at this level and that figure went down season after season until they were relegated with an average of 10,316.

Cardiff are a more promising example. Averaged 15,569 in their first Championship season but went as low as 11,720 before a new stadium and a renewed interest saw crowds soar again.

We just need to hope that once our new ground is given the all clear (1 month to go!) and begins to be built, the feel good factor will return to the club. Cardiff did well to promote season tickets for the last ever season at Ninian Park, and we need to do the same.

We also need to hope that the quality of football improves, which is a much tougher ask... At least we'll be guarenteed 2 big crowds this season against Leeds and West Ham.

Good post

Ah a member of the keep Bristol Small campaign. Keep telling yourself nothing will ever grow, get better or change, it must be a thrilling outlook.

Sanctimonious tosser!

Why shouldn't people question it? Why is it the right thing to do? Because SL says so, bollox to that?!

Average attendance in 1978, 23k. Football was cheap, more to do nowadays. These extra supporters just aren't there long term, never have been

Modernise where we are would've been more than good enough, if Wolves, West Brom and Birmingham can do it then we could have, but whatever, Steve know best and a contrary opinion is never welcome. For when Steve and his all knowing cronies speak thou shalt listen

Anyone that disagrees with you is a "sanctimonious tosser"...

There is much more to the stadium than attendances, you know that already but I suspect you're ignoring that fact to suit your argument.

Steve is a successful businessman and employs people with expertise greater than you or me to make decisions. They think that a new stadium replacing the dated one we have now is the way forward. They're in a more informed position than your "differing opinion" so forgive me if I trust the judgement of a multi millionaire businessman over an anonymous poster on a forum?

Ah a member of the keep Bristol Small campaign. Keep telling yourself nothing will ever grow, get better or change, it must be a thrilling outlook.

Not being rude mate but you have said you dont go now. if its the same price at the new stadium or more will you start attending regularly? if its another ricoh!!!

Why do you think it's going to be more expensive? Some area's will be im sure he said (premier areas,.boxes etc) but IMO the club will use the extra capacity to do lots of different deals to get people in especially in the first few years there.

I will happily put money on us getting an average gate of 23 to 25k in the first season there (provided we are still at this level).

Also who thinks we are a massive club? :blink:

You must do if you think we'll suddenly double our gates.

No chance.

I was tempted to go yesterday after watching Wednesday nights game. But with not feeling well since weds decIded against it after waking up. To go on Saturday would've set me back about £70 with £20 ticket in atyeo, £40 odd in petrol and then £10 or more on food and drink. So that would have been an expensive 0-0 draw and 7 hours driving to watch it.

Going to football is expensive deal now and if you went to say just the

Ipswich game not a season ticket holder as could not afford it might

put u off seeing City lose 3-0 at home.

Having not scored in our first two league home games for the first time since going

way back in 94/95 under the dross management of Russell Osman.

Lets hope we score in are next home league against "The Seagulls"

Sanctimonious tosser!

Why shouldn't people question it? Why is it the right thing to do? Because SL says so, bollox to that?!

Average attendance in 1978, 23k. Football was cheap, more to do nowadays. These extra supporters just aren't there long term, never have been

Modernise where we are would've been more than good enough, if Wolves, West Brom and Birmingham can do it then we could have, but whatever, Steve know best and a contrary opinion is never welcome. For when Steve and his all knowing cronies speak thou shalt listen

Not really a good comparison because in 1978 we were in the equivalent of the Premier League, and obviously if we were now, we would sell out every game. However, 12,400 is a shocking crowd bearing in mind a midweek away win. If you take away the 1,500 Pompey fans and the 9,000 or so ST holders (which get included in the attendance whether they are there or not), that leaves roughly 2,000 POTD fans. I am no financial whizz, but with about 10,500 seats available for paying, home, customers at every home game, surely it would make sense to bring the price down to about £22. Two thousand people paying £30 is £60,000 , and yet 5,000 paying £22 is £110,000. That is almost double the takings every match day, generating a crowd of 16,500 which doesn't sound unreasonable for a Championship club. The message has to be, reduce the prices. Empty seats do not make money.

I haven't been in over a year due to being a student. Partly due to living away and partly due to the fact that the £30 I'd spend on City can be my food for the week. I'm going to my first game in ages on Wednesday purely because it's a tenner and I can actually afford it!

Yeah, was perhaps a short sighted decision to scrap the student rate- have the club said why, or what % of fanbase are indeed students?

took my 5 year old today and for him to get in it was £15 which i thought was a bit steep for one so young !! now my eldest has got a paperound so he pays for himself but a lad who is supporting his local team is charged so much .

i like the look of leicesters pricing structure u6s £5 , u8s £7 u 10s £9 etc just a thought !!!

I don't think so. Fans have still showed up when the quality was missing before.

Its largely financial imo. 30 quid for potd is too steep for many casual fans.

Its everything to do with the quality of football, i know so many people who are not going at the moment because "the football is crap" Millen being the manager is also a big reason why people are not going, the problem is that once the "casual" fan stops going it is very difficult to get them back, personally i have got to drag myself to AG now knowing full well that we are more likely not going to win,play well or see entertaining football it is only the fans loyalty that is keeping a lot of them going but the attendances are dropping by the week and will continue to drop if nothing is done.

Two obvious factors.

Some fans are on holiday. Its the school holidays still.

We are in a deepening recession and money is tight.

I do agree with this.....to a degree. Football is expensive but a lot of it is to do with the performances that are being dished up. People are skint yes, but a lot of people I now have the attitude of "money is tight, and I would rather what I have left on something worthwhile".

Watching some of the dross we have dished up over the last 2 years.....is not worth the price it costs.

Basically, improve on the pitch.....and the fans will come back.

Two obvious factors.

Some fans are on holiday. Its the school holidays still.

Wake up Alan!!!

Your loyalty to Millen is clouding your thought!

Is the recession worse in South Bristol than anywhere else?

Has South Bristol closed down for their annual holiday?

Wake up for crying out loud!

How can anyone justify spending £30.00 to watch:

Aimless, unattractive, inept, passionless, boring football?

Millen is killing this club, in the same awful way that Osman and Tinnion did before him.

One shot form JCR in the second half was about it. That was only exciting because the goalkeeper fumbled it!

We have one quality player, worth maybe £5,000,000 so what does Millen do?

Play him as a lone striker, against four defenders who have easily stifled his threat.

£5,000,000 worth of talent wasted, and going for £zero in the summer, simply because Millen is seemingly too scared to attack at home.

We are the home side, the onus is on us to win the game. We will not beat "run of the mill" Championship sides like Portsmouth if we don't attack.

One lone striker is ok away from home.

Look at Ipswich! According to some forum posters on here after the Ipswich fiasco, they were well organised and a decent side who could threaten the play offs.

Three games later, they have still only won one game, and conceded five at home, seven away and even lost to a side managed by a "Conference manager"

Millen said in the press after Saturday, that "We should've won in it in the last 10 miniutes" !!!

I wonder why? Maybe it's because he changed formation and sent on some support for Maynard.

Can he not see it???

He need only look over his shoulder to see the increasing amount of empty seats in the Grandstand to realise he is wrong.

Recession? Holidays? Wakey wakey Robbored.........it's coffee time.

Money's tight certainly but we aren't in a recession and haven't been since the end of 2009.

The overall mood around the club is very negative at the moment, a poor start to the season was always going to damage attendances and that's what we're having.

Wake up Alan!!!

Your loyalty to Millen is clouding your thought!

Is the recession worse in South Bristol than anywhere else?

Has South Bristol closed down for their annual holiday?

Wake up for crying out loud!

How can anyone justify spending £30.00 to watch:

Aimless, unattractive, inept, passionless, boring football?

Millen is killing this club, in the same awful way that Osman and Tinnion did before him.

One shot form JCR in the second half was about it. That was only exciting because the goalkeeper fumbled it!

We have one quality player, worth maybe £5,000,000 so what does Millen do?

Play him as a lone striker, against four defenders who have easily stifled his threat.

£5,000,000 worth of talent wasted, and going for £zero in the summer, simply because Millen is seemingly too scared to attack at home.

We are the home side, the onus is on us to win the game. We will not beat "run of the mill" Championship sides like Portsmouth if we don't attack.

One lone striker is ok away from home.

Look at Ipswich! According to some forum posters on here after the Ipswich fiasco, they were well organised and a decent side who could threaten the play offs.

Three games later, they have still only won one game, and conceded five at home, seven away and even lost to a side managed by a "Conference manager"

Millen said in the press after Saturday, that "We should've won in it in the last 10 miniutes" !!!

I wonder why? Maybe it's because he changed formation and sent on some support for Maynard.

Can he not see it???

He need only look over his shoulder to see the increasing amount of empty seats in the Grandstand to realise he is wrong.

Recession? Holidays? Wakey wakey Robbored.........it's coffee time.

Hit the nail on the head mate. Nothing to do with a 'recession.' I watched the Ipswich game, i was so flat after the game i was almost horizontal. I like to spend money on entertainment not being bored shitless.

A while back I posted about Hartlepool Utds season season ticket offer for this year, see original post below. Now thats how to

generate interest.

Hartlepool Utd averaged under 3 thousand per game last year, with approx 1500 season ticket holders.

This year they pledged that as soon as 4000 season tickets had been purchased everyone would pay £100.

They have sold in excess of 6000 so far and rising. I belive the scale people paid was based on numbers sold.

less than 2000 sold £350 over 2000 £200 and so on. I also understand that children are £50. What a great result

for the suporters. Net effect more revenue via ticket sales, programe sales, pies, shirts and all the other add ons.

Hats off to the Hartlepool board, could BCFC offer a similar sliding scale season ticket price, the ground would be buzzing.

A while back I posted about Hartlepool Utds season season ticket offer for this year, see original post below. Now thats how to

generate interest.

Hartlepool Utd averaged under 3 thousand per game last year, with approx 1500 season ticket holders.

This year they pledged that as soon as 4000 season tickets had been purchased everyone would pay £100.

They have sold in excess of 6000 so far and rising. I belive the scale people paid was based on numbers sold.

less than 2000 sold £350 over 2000 £200 and so on. I also understand that children are £50. What a great result

for the suporters. Net effect more revenue via ticket sales, programe sales, pies, shirts and all the other add ons.

Hats off to the Hartlepool board, could BCFC offer a similar sliding scale season ticket price, the ground would be buzzing.

no we couldn't afford it and the crowd would still be flat as the football on show is so piss poor the club stagnated towards the end of Johnsons tenure its in bloody freefall at the moment hopefully millen can address it but he hasn't yet,

no we couldn't afford it and the crowd would still be flat as the football on show is so piss poor the club stagnated towards the end of Johnsons tenure its in bloody freefall at the moment hopefully millen can address it but he hasn't yet,

But it clearly proves price has one hell of an influence.

We were in an even deeper recession in 08, did that stop us selling out most games home and away that season and taking 40k to Wembley?

Come on Robbored its the shite football that's keeping me away and im sure the thousands of other City fans staying away in Souh Bristol will echo the same thing.

Improve the football Millen, get us on a winning run playing attractive stuff and the fans will come back. Mind you 30.00 quid even if we were top of the league is still a rip off . No ticket at Ashton gate should cost above 25 IMO (even that is pushing it).

took my 5 year old today and for him to get in it was £15 which i thought was a bit steep for one so young !! now my eldest has got a paperound so he pays for himself but a lad who is supporting his local team is charged so much .

i like the look of leicesters pricing structure u6s £5 , u8s £7 u 10s £9 etc just a thought !!!

last season it was less mate. how can a kid of five six etc be the same as your eldest? citys prices dont make sense. students now pay full wack as well. city have with the all the cuts vat inflation put prices up.

Archived