IGNORED

Today's Attendance

myol'man

Second home game of the season 12, 500 inc 1,500 Pompey.

First home game 14,500 inc 1,500 Ipswich fans.

That's 2,000 City fans lost in 2 weeks.

At this rate we'll be down to 11,00 by the Peterboro' game.

Where have all the rest gone?

Hiding behind the trees in Greville Smyth Park is my guess.

Let's be honest if they'd been at the Ipswich game they would have stayed away incase the same old dross is served up again. Football ain't cheap and if you don't think you're going to see your team be competitive then why turn up to be miserable you can do that at home for nowt

Smallest turn out by City fans for a league match since we went up?

Scunny in our first season was 12 474 but I guess they brought far fewer supporters themselves.

Looking back this is traditionally a tough week...lots on holiday. And fewer STs to be counted into the figures? Does anyone know what the ST figure is for this season?

I think the technical term is "Voting with their feet".

spot on,

Crap football for the past year a larger section of fans unhsppy with millen, lack of new players all points to smaller crowds,

I was happy with yesterdays result because we need a shut out but the team need to sdstart puttingi n home performance or the crowd will only get smaller and the board will take notice

£30. No other reason

So the lacklustre dull football on offer isn't a factor?

Imagine if you POD for the last two matches ,£60 notes no goals no excitement no point in paying £30 next time.

Crowds will go one way with the current lack of goal mouth action and goals. I suspect they will choose to watch grass grow instead! You get about the same amount of excitement but still have cash in your pocket.

I didn't renew my season ticket for the first time since moving back to England in 2006. I'm likely to miss several games at home due to work hence the nonrenewal. However, attended the first two home games and whilst yesterday was better, the entertainment on offer is the same as last 18 months.

I'm praying it gets better, but for the casual fan I can see why the potd support is falling away and I can't blame them.

So the lacklustre dull football on offer isn't a factor?

Imagine if you POD for the last two matches ,£60 notes no goals no excitement no point in paying £30 next time.

Crowds will go one way with the current lack of goal mouth action and goals. I suspect they will choose to watch grass grow instead! You get about the same amount of excitement but still have cash in your pocket.

It doesnt matter if you cant afford it. £30 is silly money then no student prices along with kids tickets being binned

for one more expensive under sixteens price. its cheaper to go in the away end than EE for one game.

I think it will be, where as some areas will probably be more expensive granted.

Not to mention having the capacity to offer more deals, like when schools and football clubs used to get free tickets.

You're deluding yourself. More expensive, empty and soulless, still don't let that get in the way, hey. It is too big. The sooner our supporters get over the fact that we're not some massive football club the better.

You're deluding yourself. More expensive.

Why do you think it's going to be more expensive? Some area's will be im sure he said (premier areas,.boxes etc) but IMO the club will use the extra capacity to do lots of different deals to get people in especially in the first few years there.

I will happily put money on us getting an average gate of 23 to 25k in the first season there (provided we are still at this level).

Also who thinks we are a massive club? :blink:

£30. No other reason

Why not sit in the Ayteo for £25.(serious question not a dig )

When I first started going to football it was about the same price as a visit to the cinema now it must be about 4 times more expensive.

Who was it who said "if you wan't to be entertained go the circus" (Stoke manager in the 70's)

I don't think any manager would come out with that line today -

It's not all about money. The single reason I didn't go yesterday is a just couldn't face it. Last season was pretty awful on the whole, and with the lack of transfer activity and the NM situation rumbling on in the background, I turned up at the Ipswich game rather disillusioned with the whole thing. The performance and result was the final nail for now. I just couldn't face it.

Two obvious factors.

Some fans are on holiday. Its the school holidays still.

We are in a deepening recession and money is tight.

Whilst the above will have an impact I think another reason is that we had previously played two home games (including the West Brom friendly), lost them both haven't even scored. This is on the back of our poor record at home last season.

After the Ipswich 0-3 debacle I think many thought "here we go again" and in the absence of success many casual supporters won't be in any rush to come back.

Following yesterday we still haven't scored a goal at home this season so it's a bit unrealistic to expect the crowds to come flooding in. Still, I'll be down at AG on Wednesday night hoping that we at least score our first home goal of the season..

You're deluding yourself. More expensive, empty and soulless, still don't let that get in the way, hey. It is too big. The sooner our supporters get over the fact that we're not some massive football club the better.

Ah a member of the keep Bristol Small campaign. Keep telling yourself nothing will ever grow, get better or change, it must be a thrilling outlook.

30 notes to watch 'that' seems exorbitant in the extreme. It's only because my ST works out at less than £11 I bother at the moment.

I'd never POTD to watch the football currently being played down the gate. Dull,dull,dull. :fastasleep:

How many genuine goalscoring chances did we create yesterday? But then to be expected when you play at home with one striker up front with abysmal service.

Archived