IGNORED

Today's Attendance

myol'man

Not as much as the terrible football on show.....

I agree the football is dire, but price has a huge influence. Would I shell out

£30 for pay on the day after watching the Ipwich game, no cahnce, would I give it

another go at say £15 just maybe. The poor crowds are due to both factors. To isolate

it due to purely the quality of play is an incorrect assumption.

I agree the football is dire, but price has a huge influence. Would I shell out

£30 for pay on the day after watching the Ipwich game, no cahnce, would I give it

another go at say £15 just maybe. The poor crowds are due to both factors. To isolate

it due to purely the quality of play is an incorrect assumption.

sad thing is other clubs aren't getting this problem yet we are one of the cheapest in the league so everyone in bristol must be on holiday and effected by this "resession" but not elsewhere in the country.... Portsmouth is one of the attractive fixtures think of what it would of been if it was Doncaster or Barnsley?

We were in an even deeper recession in 08, did that stop us selling out most games home and away that season and taking 40k to Wembley?

Come on Robbored its the shite football that's keeping me away and im sure the thousands of other City fans staying away in Souh Bristol will echo the same thing.

I don't buy the 'shite' football as being the reason for such a low turn out on Saturday. As you say fans turned up in greater numbers during the two post play-off seasons and the football on display back then was worse and truly 'shite'.

School holidays is a massive factor at this time of year. Not only family holidays but keeping the kids occupied when at home costs money. cinema, day trips, activities ect, ect. Lots of fans just don't have the spare cash.

sad thing is other clubs aren't getting this problem yet we are one of the cheapest in the league so everyone in bristol must be on holiday and effected by this "resession" but not elsewhere in the country.... Portsmouth is one of the attractive fixtures think of what it would of been if it was Doncaster or Barnsley?

No idea what the home attendance figures were for the play off season, but I do not recall

to many games being a sell out. if we cant sell out then what chance now. Perhaps we

do not have the pasion of other regions, maybe due to lack of success over a prolonged period.

All I know if it was my business I would be very unhappy waith a stadium half full, I would be

trying every measure posible to generate some interest, starting with initiatives to get young bums

through the turnstile, these youngsters have a habit of pestering the old man into submisssion, at the right price

of course. Before long they are hooked. There is no future for football without new blood. Go get em City.

Another thing that is putting me off is the miles and miles of double yellow lines they've painted all around Ashton Gate.

I don't care what anyone else says, I do not like paying for parking and so in order for me to get free parking (which is also convenient for me to get away from the ground quickly), I get down the ground pretty damn early, but it means that I've hanging around for a long time whilst looking for some kind of entertainment, which usually is a cafe/sainsburys/pub(but when you drive, you can only have just the one)

I don't buy the 'shite' football as being the reason for such a low turn out on Saturday. As you say fans turned up in greater numbers during the two post play-off seasons and the football on display back then was worse and truly 'shite'.

School holidays is a massive factor at this time of year. Not only family holidays but keeping the kids occupied when at home costs money. cinema, day trips, activities ect, ect. Lots of fans just don't have the spare cash.

No of course you don't, dosen't suit your argument does it.

Firstly last season was mostly dire, especially at home. Secondly the lack of quality signings over the summer, thirdly the pathetic pre season and fourthly and most importantly the stay away fans simply do not believe anymore.

Do you really believe for one minute 0-0 at home with up front at home will bring the crowds flocking back to AG?.

Still the school holidays are over soon and we will see how right or wrong you are. Although as Millens deputy assistant excuse writer i'm sure you'll come up with another one.

Second home game of the season 12, 500 inc 1,500 Pompey.

First home game 14,500 inc 1,500 Ipswich fans.

That's 2,000 City fans lost in 2 weeks.

At this rate we'll be down to 11,00 by the Peterboro' game.

Where have all the rest gone?

Summer Holidays?

No idea what the home attendance figures were for the play off season, but I do not recall

to many games being a sell out. if we cant sell out then what chance now. Perhaps we

do not have the pasion of other regions, maybe due to lack of success over a prolonged period.

All I know if it was my business I would be very unhappy waith a stadium half full, I would be

trying every measure posible to generate some interest, starting with initiatives to get young bums

through the turnstile, these youngsters have a habit of pestering the old man into submisssion, at the right price

of course. Before long they are hooked. There is no future for football without new blood. Go get em City.

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/Fixtures/0,,10327~2007,00.html

We averaged 16k that season 14500 since and now 13k (only 2 games so unfair at the moment) but if current trend continues then we'd of lost 3500 fans avg since Johnson left

Firstly last season was mostly dire, especially at home. Secondly the lack of quality signings over the summer, thirdly the pathetic pre season and fourthly and most importantly the stay away fans simply do not believe anymore.

Do you really believe for one minute 0-0 at home with up front at home will bring the crowds flocking back to AG?.

Still the school holidays are over soon and we will see how right or wrong you are. Although as Millens deputy assistant excuse writer i'm sure you'll come up with another one.

I forgot according to Robbo this is the most entertaining city have been since before Danny wilson I mean the fact we've lost about 10 home games since millen's been in charge and only every lost 8 in Johnsons entire tenure as manager has nothing to do with it as it doesn't suit the arguement,

3 factures

1 is lack of entertainment and the fact ashton gate is an easy place to come now (long gone are the fortress ashton gate days)

2 Price (although we are one of the cheapeast in the championship

3 Countless fans have lost faith I normally go with 12 people only 4 went this weekend (2 season ticket holders didn't go and the rest was a general consensise of "I'm not paying for that shite")

We need to improve we all know that 0-0 is an improvement although not an entertaining one so I do have a little bit of faith it will continue to improve but I think crowds will continue to suffer in the mean time and the board will take note of that and it will add un-needed pressure to millen,

Lets hope that he doesn't crumble and we can start winning some home games

It is true that people can't afford to go to games, I'd have gone to Leicester but had to concede that I couldn't stretch to it this month. I'm tempted by the Brighton game and love to go to Ashton Gate whenever I can but as money is tight it's still hard to justify for me. That being said,other factors must attribute to why attrndances are so poor at the moment. We need to look at other teams who are managing to fill their grounds regardless of what league they are in. If it's the school holidays and people have no money,why are Norwich able to fill their ground? I know they are now in the Prem but surely that doesn't make a difference if the argument is based on money issues. Let's face it,there has been a decline in buzz and support for City ever since our play off final. For a long time it's been difficult to energise the wider fan base in Bristol and that might always be the case, unless we are challenging near the top of the table or in the Premier League. The Swindon game against Oxford (I know it was a derby) had almost the same attendance as us, and that was a league 2 game! I know I have mentioned it a few times on here but it always amazes me while I am in the States at the dedication people have for their local teams, and with the size and history of Bristol and Bristol City, you would hope for much better attendances regardless of what league we are in and how well we are playing.

Of course he will have another excuse! Surely you know that's Robbo's golden rule by now?

Make an excuse, then when that one wears thin, make another one.

Last season he needed time! Then he needed a pre season! Then we had no money and his hands were tied....even though apparently we were in for 5 players? And the chairman says he will back the manager best they can.

Millen said "no excuses"....we lose 3-0 to a team who hasn't won since....then get battered in Cardiff....and all we hear are excuses.

Win at Leicester....Millie is great and got the tactics spot in. Lose heavily to Ipswich and Cardiff....not Millies fault.

Next excuse will be .....Maynard situation disrupted the squad ?

Of course he will have another excuse! Surely you know that's Robbo's golden rule by now?

Last season he needed time! Then he needed a pre season! Then we had no money and his hands were tied....even though apparently we were in for 5 players? And the chairman says he will back the manager best they can.

Millen said "no excuses"....we lose 3-0 to a team who hasn't won since....then get battered in Cardiff....and all we hear are excuses.

Win at Leicester....Millie is great and got the tactics spot in. Lose heavily to Ipswich and Cardiff....not Millies fault.

Its only Millen's critics that call facts 'excuses'.

Exactly and then when Maynard leaves, it'll be Pitman needs time settle in. Well there we can agree Millens treatment of Pitman has been shocking, trying to turn a great striker and Maynards natural successor into a left winger beggars belief and echoes the way GJ tried to change Trundle into something he never was and guess who led the protests then.

Don't worry everyone. The simple answer is to build a 30k stadium, charge people a few quid more and they're bound to show up

Well, it worked for Cardiff 20k/near full house every game now....

They came out the woodwork for them....

Exactly and then when Maynard leaves, it'll be Pitman needs time settle in. Well there we can agree Millens treatment of Pitman has been shocking, trying to turn a great striker and Maynards natural successor into a left winger beggars belief and echoes the way GJ tried to change Trundle into something he never was and guess who led the protests then.

You use any method to label my post as excuses. You won't see me complaining about Pitman. I rate him highly and because he's waiting in the wings ( please excuse the pun) am not too worried about Maynard going.

Millen has played him wide simply because Maynard was up front. When NM was out Pitman started up front.

Johnson's treatment of Trundle was laughable. Had he ( or his brother) done proper homework Johnson would have know that Trundle was a flair player who could win games with a flash of brilliance who was at his best playing of the shoulder of the defence. Instead Johnson ( obsessed with work rate rather than talent, Noble is another example ) wanting him tracking back. No wonder Trundle was a flop at City.

You use any method to label my post as excuses. You won't see me complaining about Pitman. I rate him highly and because he's waiting in the wings ( please excuse the pun) am not too worried about Maynard going.

Millen has played him wide simply because Maynard was up front. When NM was out Pitman started up front.

Johnson's treatment of Trundle was laughable. Had he ( or his brother) done proper homework Johnson would have know that Trundle was a flair player who could win games with a flash of brilliance who was at his best playing of the shoulder of the defence. Instead Johnson ( obsessed with work rate rather than talent, Noble is another example ) wanting him tracking back. No wonder Trundle was a flop at City.

You missed the word "Childish" as well

Because they are excuses.

and Millens treatment of Pitman is even more laughable, he is Maynards replacement FFS, firstly he is kept out of the side by a player who seems as though he has no intention of signing a new contract, secondly he is further humiliated by being made to play on the left wing whilst partnering Maynard, when almost certainly Maynard would be more likely of the 2 of them to be more successful in that position and then he is given a game when Maynard cannot play, Millen sure knows how to make our main source of goals once Maynard leaves wanted.

I actually fully agree with your bottom paragraph. Johnson never evolved his own beliefs, Trundle was massively wasted here and had so much more to offer then he was allowed.

I actually fully agree with your bottom paragraph. Johnson never evolved his own beliefs, Trundle was massively wasted here and had so much more to offer then he was allowed.

Yes of course he was massively wasted here, no doubt about it and I believe that GJ's pursuit, signing and then trying to change Trundle into something he never was or could have been proved to be the beginning of the end of GJ's tenure with us.

The big difference is Pitman is the future and the man who will be needed to fill Maynards boots and his body language suggests that he is not a happy bunny and I for one can understand why.

Yes of course he was massively wasted here, no doubt about it and I believe that GJ's pursuit, signing and then trying to change Trundle into something he never was or could have been proved to be the beginning of the end of GJ's tenure with us.

The big difference is Pitman is the future and the man who will be needed to fill Maynards boots and his body language suggests that he is not a happy bunny and I for one can understand why.

Everything about the Pittman situation reminds me of the Heffernan / Lita situation. Heff never had a real chance hear despite being a very good finisher, we eventually let him go......before about a month later selling Lita to Reading.

Its another reason why this Maynard situation needs sorting asap. Pitman is looking more and more likely being the future.....Maynard appears to be simply using us, and where as that may be great for the next game or two, we need to think long term.

The quicker Maynard leaves the better in my eyes. At least then we can start giving game time to someone who actually wants to be here

in 1978 the price of a game was no more than a couple of quid, and the average wage was ten and a half grand, i know quite a few people that are earning that now 2011, do the maths and it makes perfect sense, but i do agree that its down to the shit being served up aswell.

Chatting recently to B'muff fan - ST holder who said that Pitman was very moody especially when things weren't going his way. Well known for throwing his toys out the pram. Of course he's unhappy at the moment, he should be as he's not first choice at City but if he's reacting childishly then that's likely to marginalise him from not only the manager but the other players as well.

Adopting a crap attitude won't win many hearts, especially those of football managers.

I'm sure he'll start against Swindon and the best thing he could do is score a hat trick and give Millen a selection headache rather than earache.

in 1978 the price of a game was no more than a couple of quid, and the average wage was ten and a half grand, i know quite a few people that are earning that now 2011, do the maths and it makes perfect sense, but i do agree that its down to the shit being served up aswell.

You sure about that average wage in 1978? I would have said about £4k to £5k would have been average in the late 1970s.

You sure about that average wage in 1978? I would have said about £4k to £5k would have been average in the late 1970s.

its on the national wage index, i googled it and it shows the average wages, from about the las 60 years i think

From somebody who does not go often due to having a kid I can certainly say I would not part with 30 at the moment to watch us at home, it's far to much for what's on offer, if we were however playing well and scoring goals etc I would be more inclined to go when I could.

I had the offer of a ticket sat for £10 and still preferred to go to a BBQ, just can't be bothered at the moment with the shite football.

Chatting recently to B'muff fan - ST holder who said that Pitman was very moody especially when things weren't going his way. Well known for throwing his toys out the pram. Of course he's unhappy at the moment, he should be as he's not first choice at City but if he's reacting childishly then that's likely to marginalise him from not only the manager but the other players as well.

Adopting a crap attitude won't win many hearts, especially those of football managers.

I'm sure he'll start against Swindon and the best thing he could do is score a hat trick and give Millen a selection headache rather than earache.

Excuse no:-645, it can never be anything to do with Teflon Keef, it must be the player.

"Sow the wind and reap the whirlwind"

Archived