IGNORED

What Has Improved?

Esmond Million's Bung

As many of us knew pre-season, nothing has improved.

However, pre-season games don't count apparently. I've also been told the squad is a year more experienced and that if Keef doesn't think we need players then he knows best.

The rest of us are just negative for the sake of it and aren't real fans, despite decades of support and many thousands of pounds invested. With age comes a realisation that many of us felt before we even kicked a ball in anger.

We have a lot of good players at the club, they may not be the best players in the league but nor are they the worst.

David James Goalkeeper

Jordan Spence Defender (albeit on loan)

Jamie McAllister Defender

Lewin Nyatanga Defender

Marvin Elliott Midfielder

Neil Kilkenny Midfielder

Jon Stead Striker

Nicky Maynard Striker

Martyn Woolford Midfielder

Cole Skuse Midfielder

James Wilson Defender

Kalifa Cisse Midfielder

Dean Gerken Goalkeeper

Albert Adomah Midfielder

Lee Johnson Midfielder

Brett Pitman Striker

Damion Stewart Defender

So we have good players, sadly what we do not have is a team. Maybe the squad is just to big, it is not like in the old days with League, cup, reserve games needing a big squad. We therefore have a lot of players who are not in the team, will never be in the team, earning a lot of money just.... well hanging about, hanging around the training pitch, hanging around the club, hanging around the back room, hanging around the treatment rooms, hanging around the gym - how positive do you think the feelings are ? We have all worked places with disgruntled staff or people who knew they had no future - they are often a downer and have a negative effect on others, why should it be any different with our club ?

We have a lot of good players at the club, they may not be the best players in the league but nor are they the worst.

David James Goalkeeper

Jamie McAllister Defender

Lewin Nyatanga Defender

Neil Kilkenny Midfielder

Jon Stead Striker

Nicky Maynard Striker

Martyn Woolford Midfielder

Cole Skuse Midfielder

James Wilson Defender

Kalifa Cisse Midfielder

Dean Gerken Goalkeeper

Albert Adomah Midfielder

Lee Johnson Midfielder

Brett Pitman Striker

Damion Stewart Defender

So we have good players, sadly what we do not have is a team. Maybe the squad is just to big, it is not like in the old days with League, cup, reserve games needing a big squad. We therefore have a lot of players who are not in the team, will never be in the team, earning a lot of money just.... well hanging about, hanging around the training pitch, hanging around the club, hanging around the back room, hanging around the treatment rooms, hanging around the gym - how positive do you think the feelings are ? We have all worked places with disgruntled staff or people who knew they had no future - they are often a downer and have a negative effect on others, why should it be any different with our club ?

Sorry but some of those players are dire. The size of squad is a problem and I don't enough has been done to reduce it and if we do not have a team that is down to the manager.

Sorry but some of those players are dire. The size of squad is a problem and I don't enough has been done to reduce it and if we do not have a team that is down to the manager.

Which of those players do you think is 'dire' ?

Any of those players could play in a Championship squad and be considered a good player... being a good player does not mean your exceptional, brilliant, outstanding, it just means capable of playing their position well and all have proved they are able. To call any of them 'dire' seems more of a emotionally reaction to a situation and not a rational position on their true ability.

David James Goalkeeper = Has not been a great success

Jamie McAllister Defender = 18 months his sell by date

Lewin Nyatanga Defender = Not consistent

Neil Kilkenny Midfielder

Jon Stead Striker

Nicky Maynard Striker

Martyn Woolford Midfielder = Dire

Cole Skuse Midfielder = Over rated

James Wilson Defender

Kalifa Cisse Midfielder = Can't get a game

Dean Gerken Goalkeeper = Not commanding enough

Albert Adomah Midfielder

Lee Johnson Midfielder = Dire

Brett Pitman Striker

Damion Stewart Defender = Dire

Since last season; where it was about this time KM was left with the remainder of Johnson's Squad, Coppell's assembly, and begining to put his own stamp on things hehaskept us up and running; we are one year closer to the end of some players contracts that it looks like we wont sell.

Millens teams rely on confidece something that a couple of solid performances will rectify, much like Johnson. We do have a squad made up of players mostly on the up - with spots of experience in there, Millen kept us up and pushed further up the league based on loan players to get a teamspirit. We do not look like promotion candidates by any strech of the imagination but we have the strength to compete with any team in this division - Millen can't afford to release players he cannot sell - it would be just as cost effective to keep them in incase of critical emergency. He cannot buy until he sells.

The football is not pretty; we could be in a better position but things could be alot worse, Preston fans had already written their relegation by october last year because of the state the club was in, we are not in that position, as worried as alot of you are it will not be a money issue if things got so bad.

What could the club gain from sacking millen now?

If the board elected to do this we would need a bail out from lansdown to lay off players and contracted staff that are not needed/wanted - this will cost more than £5m even with over half of some contracts been played.

I agree we have not progressed but Millen was given 3 years to steady the ship and turn it around, problems have not been solved over the last 12 months but the are not as bad as August 2010.

- as far as players go, Joe Edwards came into the fold more predominantly, James Wilson is a first teamer and a very good prospect, Campbell-Ryce looks better on the left most definitley, Pitman has proven himself, maynard has returned from injury, in killkenny we have a player that can keep the ball, oh and some bloke called alberts been getting on quite well since he joined

Millen fans, please what has improved since he took over?

or are we not allowed to expect any improvement?

Not a Millen fan sorry, never was; made my mind up when he was assistant to Tins.

But one thing that has improved since he has taken over is the tea; tastes much better now but that is probably because I can enjoy it, I have time to enjoy it.

No point asking, Robbored and the others PC's have all gone on the blink again.....just like after the Cardiff game. They will probally get it fixed round about the time we actually win our next game, so they can come on here and tell us all will be fine and that good ol Keith, is doing a fine job.

No, we are not allowed to expect any improvement. Just pay up and shut up - who gave you or me the right to question how we spend our money still less question the wisdom of Sir Colin and Squire Keef !

Since last season; where it was about this time KM was left with the remainder of Johnson's Squad, Coppell's assembly, and begining to put his own stamp on things hehaskept us up and running; we are one year closer to the end of some players contracts that it looks like we wont sell.

Millens teams rely on confidece something that a couple of solid performances will rectify, much like Johnson. We do have a squad made up of players mostly on the up - with spots of experience in there, Millen kept us up and pushed further up the league based on loan players to get a teamspirit. We do not look like promotion candidates by any strech of the imagination but we have the strength to compete with any team in this division - Millen can't afford to release players he cannot sell - it would be just as cost effective to keep them in incase of critical emergency. He cannot buy until he sells.

The football is not pretty; we could be in a better position but things could be alot worse, Preston fans had already written their relegation by october last year because of the state the club was in, we are not in that position, as worried as alot of you are it will not be a money issue if things got so bad.

What could the club gain from sacking millen now?

If the board elected to do this we would need a bail out from lansdown to lay off players and contracted staff that are not needed/wanted - this will cost more than £5m even with over half of some contracts been played.

I agree we have not progressed but Millen was given 3 years to steady the ship and turn it around, problems have not been solved over the last 12 months but the are not as bad as August 2010.

- as far as players go, Joe Edwards came into the fold more predominantly, James Wilson is a first teamer and a very good prospect, Campbell-Ryce looks better on the left most definitley, Pitman has proven himself, maynard has returned from injury, in killkenny we have a player that can keep the ball, oh and some bloke called alberts been getting on quite well since he joined

I was'nt aware of this 3 year plan and all he has to do in this time is steady the ship?, Jesus they should have given the job to David Blunketts dog then and saved some money and the best you can come with in the first third of this unpublished tenure is it's not as bad as August 2010, so the next landmark we can expect in 12 months time is "well it's not as bad as August 2011", 3 years?, 33 years would'nt be enough.

Albert adomah has improved. The player that started last season, finished it a terrific player...

We've got almost a team full of wingers and strikers....

That's all I can think of....

Adomah improved after a full pre-season with Steve Coppell, now after a full pre-season with Millen, he looks a shadow of himself that finished last season.

He was given a three deal, surely that's a bit of a clue?

No he wasn't

He had 3 years left on his assitant managers deal have had to be offered a 3 year deal by default,

You can not get a promotion and have a shorter deal its against Employment law, like if you get demoted you can not have a wage cut

I'm a millen fan. What he did do was stabilse a team last season, keep us up and give our selves a good base to rebuild in the summer!

As far as I'm concerned that was a job well done of which he has had recognition for!

However

Improved?

Well preseason was not great but good in terms of fitness. Injury free players is how it appears we look on a successful pre season?

I personally thought shape and organization were key!

No improvement there.

Results so far aren't very inspiring! No improvement there.

( however winning at Leicester is a big win)

The players have improved with the likes of pitman stead killkenny spence however not in the key areas we need !

If honest I don't know what direction were going, I don't think the board even know!

But ask yourself has the board improved ?

What way are they taking the club are they investing in our manager ( mixed signals )

How can we improve with no backing?

it was the 'steady the ship' clause I was commenting on.

The financial situation has been frequently commented on; the inbalance in the squad has also failed to escape interviews for more than 2 months at a time - did everybody seriously expect Millen to take the reigns and have us challenging Leicester, Forest, Birmingham, West Ham at the top of the table within 4 games?

Bristol City fc have not been the surprise package of 2011 and the fans arent happy; Played 4 won 1 drawn 1 lost 2 in the league; Judge the bloke by the end of october. I am not Millens biggest fan, or at least I thought I wasn't but I appreciate the clubs position and trust the boards judgement

I'm a millen fan. What he did do was stabilse a team last season, keep us up and give our selves a good base to rebuild in the summer!

As far as I'm concerned that was a job well done of which he has had recognition for!

However

Improved?

Well preseason was not great but good in terms of fitness. Injury free players is how it appears we look on a successful pre season?

I personally thought shape and organization were key!

No improvement there.

Results so far aren't very inspiring! No improvement there.

( however winning at Leicester is a big win)

The players have improved with the likes of pitman stead killkenny spence however not in the key areas we need !

If honest I don't know what direction were going, I don't think the board even know!

But ask yourself has the board improved ?

What way are they taking the club are they investing in our manager ( mixed signals )

How can we improve with no backing?

Millen apologised for last nights gutless performance, but surely if he is incapable of whipping the players into some kind of mindset whereby they actually put effort in, play for their shirt or a start in the team, then something is sorely missing, perhaps the players are telling him something. The question is which performance does he judge his misfits on last saturday or last night, who gets left out and who does he bring in.

Once more, anything short of a win against Donny is a sacking offence, pointless and without strikers, for me it is simply win or go.

We've played 4 league games and have 4 points. When the fixtures were announced I expected us to have 0 points from those 4 games!

You have incredibly low expectations of BCFC if you expected us to lose at home to mediocre teams like Ipswich and Portsmouth.

I know our home performances last season were often abysmal and no cause for optimism, but it seems you don't expect any home wins at all this season?

excuse after excuse after excuse,

Ididn't expect a win after 4 games, judge him in october,

Its crap and you are deluding yourselfs,

I don't expect to win every game, I expect us to put up a bloody fight though,

We have gone backwards at an alarming rate, the team is gutless and lacks leadership and direction,

The manager doesn't know his best formation and team after almost 13 months he doesn't inspire and doesn't lead he have more excuses then I've had hot dinner,

When we lose its the players fault when we win its solely down to the manager the complete oppersite from our "confereance manager", well if Johnson is a conference manager Millen is fit to be Clevedon towns manager,

We need leadership organiseation and fight and we need it now not bloody october

The financial situation has been frequently commented on; the inbalance in the squad has also failed to escape interviews for more than 2 months at a time - did everybody seriously expect Millen to take the reigns and have us challenging Leicester, Forest, Birmingham, West Ham at the top of the table within 4 games?

Bristol City fc have not been the surprise package of 2011 and the fans arent happy; Played 4 won 1 drawn 1 lost 2 in the league; Judge the bloke by the end of october. I am not Millens biggest fan, or at least I thought I wasn't but I appreciate the clubs position and trust the boards judgement

Inbalance, Millen has still not addressed that problem, he has brought in much needed left sided players and dosen't play them (probably because they are'nt good enough) then he plays our 2nd best striker wide left, to be honest the jury is still out on Killkenny (LJ clone or not?). Sorry for the edit I nearly forgot the imbalance of Skuse and Elliott.

Archived