IGNORED

What Has Improved?

Esmond Million's Bung

Standing by my view point from before Ipswich game, will judge after 10 games

Seen too many seasons of good/bad starts to have learned that a seasons final result will not be determined by the first few games of a season.

thats fair enough and if i see some battling displays or a couple of leicester performances then I and I'm sure many will calm down but alot can only judge on what we see at ashton gate and what we see there is some of the worst football you can witness

Inbalance, Millen has still not addressed that problem, he has brought in much needed left sided players and dosen't play them (probably because they are'nt good enough) then he plays our 2nd best striker wide left, to be honest the jury is still out on Killkenny (LJ clone or not?). Sorry for the edit I nearly forgot the imbalance of Skuse and Elliott.

I accept your points on the inbalance not being addressed - and I can understand and empathise with frustration but my concern is that Lansdown wanted to see the club self sufficient moving into a new stadium - if he has to pay off contracts now, bring in all the players we need, sack the manager it will result in another season making huge losses

Kilkenny is amazingly similar to Johnson true but as pointed out in the post a leeds fan made about him not being the messiah of a creative midfielder, he keeps the ball, he goes backwards and sideway very often and to me didnt seem interested last night but he showed the promise of a lively player wanting the ball against portsmouth - Jury still out I just hope that performance v pompey was a sign of things to come

Standing by my view point from before Ipswich game, will judge after 10 games

Seen too many seasons of good/bad starts to have learned that a seasons final result will not be determined by the first few games of a season.

Out of interest Donald, and please dont think im trying to trip you, but....if after 10 games, nothing has improved, say we only have 11 or 12 points on the board....and were still floating by the bottom four (or in it), what would your stance be then?

Millen apologised for last nights gutless performance, but surely if he is incapable of whipping the players into some kind of mindset whereby they actually put effort in, play for their shirt or a start in the team, then something is sorely missing, perhaps the

players are telling him something. The question is which performance does he judge

his misfits on last saturday or last night, who gets left out and who does he bring in.

Once more, anything short of a win against Donny is a sacking offence, pointless and

without strikers, for me it is simply win or go.

You maybe right. I like to give managers a chance and he is certainly getting his, however, is he financially backed? Well thats another matter!

But if honest I can't actually remember a game where we were awful and millen had a few words at half time and they came out winners! In fact I don't think it's ever happened? So yes something is missing in that department!

I like to think of myself as a fair poster in terms of millen.

There's is huge pressure on him! Especially if we sign no one before the transfer window

You have incredibly low expectations of BCFC if you expected us to lose at home to mediocre teams like Ipswich and Portsmouth.

I know our home performances last season were often abysmal and no cause for optimism, but it seems you don't expect any home wins at all this season?

It's terrible isn't it. I do expect some home wins, but my optimism is very low I'm afraid. I'm not even confident of us getting an away win at Doncaster now, which I was when the fixtures were announced.

I'd like to see a complete change of manager and coaching staff. New brooms, new ideas...

You maybe right. I like to give managers a chance and he is certainly getting his, however, is he financially backed? Well thats another matter!

But if honest I can't actually remember a game where we were awful and millen had a few words at half time and they came out winners! In fact I don't think it's ever happened? So yes something is missing in that department!

I like to think of myself as a fair poster in terms of millen.

There's is huge pressure on him! Especially if we sign no one before the transfer window

Buy's

Stead

Pitman

Woolford

Bolasie

Taylor

Loan signings

Rose

Caulker

Spence x 2

Keogh

Free transfers

Kilkenny.

That is all Millen's signings in one year - to supplement an already big squad....

He's had money, even if that pot has ran out.

You will also notice something very interesting about how millen has spent......

ps please pull me up, if I have missed any?

Buy's

Stead

Pitman

Woolford

Bolasie

Taylor

Loan signings

Rose

Caulker

Spence x 2

Free transfers

Kilkenny.

That is all Millen's signings in one year - to supplement an already big squad....

You will also notice something very interesting about how millen has spent......

You little tinker... :shifty:

Millen fans, please what has improved since he took over?

or are we not allowed to expect any improvement?

I know this reads like a well thumbed book but Rome wasn't built in a day.

Millen has improved the coaching set-up and introduced the development squad. Both innovations won't show obvious benefits for some time but you've obviously overlooked that.

On the pitch things remain inconsistent. Good performance and result at Leicester followed a disappointing draw at AG but a clean sheet at last. Then, last night a lacklustre, disinterested performance which Millen couldn't explain. ''One step forward, and one step back'' he said.

I think the whole season will be like that. Millen searching for consistency. City will lose a few games and win a few, go on bad runs and good runs. Just like last season in fact.

The bottom line is that City need new playing blood but with the financial restraints, that's not likely to happen until next summer.

Patience is required along with realistic expectations of what possible with the current resources.

Millen has improved the coaching set-up and introduced the development squad. Both innovations won't show obvious benefits for some time but you've obviously overlooked that.

On the pitch things remain inconsistent. Good performance and result at Leicester followed a disappointing draw at AG but a clean sheet at last. Then, last night a lacklustre, disinterested performance which Millen couldn't explain. ''One step forward, and one step back'' he said.

I think the whole season will be like that. Millen searching for consistency. City will lose a few games and win a few, go on bad runs and good runs. Just like last season in fact.

The bottom line is that City need new playing blood but with the financial restraints, that's not likely to happen until next summer.

Patience is required along with realistic expectations of what possible with the current resources.

Hahahahahahahahahaha improved the coaching set up thats a good one lets look at that shall we,

Goal Keeping Coach Stuart Naylor (been at the club for longer then millen has been manager)no improvement from millen

Devlopment Coach Alan Walsh (Brought in by Johnson)no improvemtn from Millen

Under 21 Coach Gary Owers (Millen brought not improved anything so far early days)

Head of Recurtment Russ Richardson (Brought in by Millen none of the players sign get games often) no imporvement on Pete Johnson

Academy Manager John Clayton (Been at the club longer then Millen) No improvement from millen

Kit Manager Roger Barton (been at the club about the same amount of time as John clayton) no improvement from millen

Physio Nick Dawes (Brought in by Johnson) Gill Holt (Been here since wilson) no improvement from Millen

Ass Manager Wigley Improvement debatable,

Please enlighten me robbo how has teflon improved our coach set up we leak goals at an alarming rate we can't score and player we bring in can't break into the first team, thats not an improvement,

Acadamney Manager John Clayton been at the club since before Wilson no improvment from Millen

Millen searching for consistancy? why has it taken 13 months to find it? why can't he decide on a formation or our strongest line up after 13 months?

Millen has improved the coaching set-up

I'm genuinely interested in this comment. I've been saying for some time that our entire coaching set up needed overhauling. I wasn't aware KM had already started to do so...could you expand on your comment and provide information/links I could read?

Also, in case you're reading this as sarcasm or some thinly veiled attack on KM (curse you written word!), its not - I am genuinely interested as i said before.

Out of interest Donald, and please dont think im trying to trip you, but....if after 10 games, nothing has improved, say we only have 11 or 12 points on the board....and were still floating by the bottom four (or in it), what would your stance be then?

Impossible to say, if we were stuck around the bottom 3/4 then serious questions would have to be asked,

but there is a million different things that could leed us there, Does Maynard Stay/Go, has there been any incomings/outgoings, how have we actually performed in games, with points dropped/gained.

as I said, impossible to judge how I'll feel ten games in.

Personally speaking though, regardless of past seasons, I've always been of the mindset that any manager deserves 10 games to put his pre-season plans into action

I'm genuinely interested in this comment. I've been saying for some time that our entire coaching set up needed overhauling. I wasn't aware KM had already started to do so...could you expand on your comment and provide information/links I could read?

Also, in case you're reading this as sarcasm or some thinly veiled attack on KM (curse you written word!), its not - I am genuinely interested as i said before.

Look at the post above yours to see how Millen has improved things. Just ignore the biased,negative comments.

Buy's

Stead

Pitman

Woolford

Bolasie

Taylor

Loan signings

Rose

Caulke

Spence x 2

Keogh

Free transfers

Kilkenny.

Right that's it were having a fight! Bs3 now! Ha :laugh:

To be honest fellow I'm running out of excuses for millen! Just trying to give as fair perspective as I can.

What I will say is those transfers and loans were to steady a sinking ship which survived relegation last season!

To quote steve lansdown " we can't afford to stand still in this division"

Basically we have stood still Taylor and bolasie cost next to nothing ! Did we need them , honestly no we don't!

Killkenny is a free and spence a loan.

I know wages etc still play a big part but we have spent next to nothing.

Was he being backed during the summer and now ? I don't believe he is.

So that either means we really are in the sh*t finacially or the board has lost confidence in the manager.

Either way I'm a frustrated fan! I'm going to find a corner rock backwards and forwards and hope it all goes away:-(

Look at the post above yours to see how Millen has improved things. Just ignore the biased,negative comments.

Yes, stupidly slow typing on my phone meant that appeared after I'd posted my question.

I'd hope that we'd be seeing a far more radical approach than outlined above though, starting with the academy and moving right through to the 1st team coaches.

Right that's it were having a fight! Bs3 now! Ha :laugh:

To be honest fellow I'm running out of excuses for millen! Just trying to give as fair perspective as I can.

What I will say is those transfers and loans were to steady a sinking ship which survived relegation last season!

To quote steve lansdown " we can't afford to stand still in this division"

Basically we have stood still Taylor and bolasie cost next to nothing ! Did we need them , honestly no we don't!

Killkenny is a free and spence a loan.

I know wages etc still play a big part but we have spent next to nothing.

Was he being backed during the summer and now ? I don't believe he is.

So that either means we really are in the sh*t finacially or the board has lost confidence in the manager.

Either way I'm a frustrated fan! I'm going to find a corner rock backwards and forwards and hope it all goes away:-(

Millen did a decent job initially last season - did well to steady the ship as you say.... But as you can see he has had some money to spend. I would question the 800k he spent on Pitman - NOT that i dont rate him and he did well last season. But he is clearly a back-up player to maynard - could that money, plus the money spent on Taylor/Bolasie have been used to buy a couple of defenders?

I predicted that Millen would not sign a left back by August 31st - I think I over-rated him, for some reason I was sure he'd bring in a centre back. If Liam would have went, I think I would have been suicidal!

The whole winger and striker thing started as a joke - between me and my 2 mates in the pub when we left a game early against swansea. He just signed Woolford (I think) and clearly a winger was'nt needed. Ever since its been a running joke - one which I thought would have stopped by now.....

but it has'nt - he went out and got a winger and a striker somehow, even though we are supposedly skint.....

Now unsurprisingly to me at least, we are struggling - not only do we have a big squad, but its top heavy with attacking players.....

I'm afraid we need a manager who can see simple things like the fact we need some defenders and not one that just goes and buys forward players when things aint going well.

Riaz:

I'm finding it hard to disagree with you. It's frustrating times. It's even got some of my mates questioning if to bother to come or not!

It reminds me of when Johnson left. There was alot of negativity surrounding the club and I see it happening again. The difference is gj had his fair share of making it work!

Personally I'd like to see Millen given the time but it looks increasingly unlikely!

A loss to Donny and it could be all over for him.

Riaz:

I'm finding it hard to disagree with you. It's frustrating times. It's even got some of my mates questioning if to bother to come or not!

It reminds me of when Johnson left. There was alot of negativity surrounding the club and I see it happening again. The difference is gj had his fair share of making it work!

Personally I'd like to see Millen given the time but it looks increasingly unlikely!

A loss to Donny and it could be all over for him.

The thing with johnson, is that he earned our trust. Millen has done okay at times, but terrible the rest.

I dont get this not going malarky though (unless its unaffordable) - because this is city and we are usually mediocre.

I understand why people would want him to have time, but for me the longer he stays in charge, the less time a new manager has to sort out our problems.

A loss against donny could spell the end, but I would'nt be surprised if we pulled a performance out the bag.

Impossible to say, if we were stuck around the bottom 3/4 then serious questions would have to be asked,

but there is a million different things that could leed us there, Does Maynard Stay/Go, has there been any incomings/outgoings, how have we actually performed in games, with points dropped/gained.

as I said, impossible to judge how I'll feel ten games in.

Personally speaking though, regardless of past seasons, I've always been of the mindset that any manager deserves 10 games to put his pre-season plans into action

So what has improved?.

It's all well and good improving the backroom staff, the coaching setup, the DVD players, prozone and getting a group together for the future - but why doesn't our club feel like a team anymore?!

Nobody in the first team squad can interact with fans. Keith looks like a wet flannel. The board seem to promise us a great season of free flowing football, but now I have to wait 3/4 years for the future?

I did that 3/4 years ago I'm afraid...

and it has manifested it's self by more hoof ball than ever, great improvement.

I might be wrong, but surely a development squad should be in the job description of the assistant manager / development manager, and these players should bd signed by a chief scout.

I want millen to concentrate on getting the first team ready, players signed and coached to play football for this season. Not next.

Archived