IGNORED

The Morning After The Night Before

Robbored

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10327~2428528,00.html

Fair play to Millen for having the courage to say exactly how crap it was and apologising for last nights poor performance. Can't see any excuses either...........

As much as I like Millen, this is just a usual soundbite to appease the fans.

I think it would be better if he kept quiet and just roasted those wasters that were on the pitch last night. What ever he does he is going to get shot down. Best not give the haters anything to latch onto in my opinion.

http://www.bcfc.co.u...2428528,00.html

Fair play to Millen for having the courage to say exactly how crap it was and apologising for last nights poor performance. Can't see any excuses either...........

There shouldnt be, he said it himself....... "no excuses".

He can apologise all he wants, means diddly squat...especially to anyone who paid to watch them last night. I'd rather him do his job along with the other coaches and try to improve these players.

Every week we hear the same old tired crap from Keith...."its not acceptable..." etc.

At least 6 of those players last night were Millens players (I class James Wilson as Millens to, he has come on under Millen whether it be as coach or manager).

It just isnt good enough Robbo, surely even you can see it. Attendances are dropping by the hundreds with each home game, and the future looks bleak. For me Millen looks like a wounded animal who has no where to go. Just like a wounded animal, he needs to be put out of his misery......so please Steve, do the right thing for the club...and move him on

OK Keith. All is forgiven.

Millen - "They've let themselves and the club down tonight"

How about 'We've let ourselves and the club down.'?

I'd be interested to know Robbo's out take on this? bare in mind he used to accuse our ex manager of never taking any blame and blaming the players all the time

As much as I like Millen, this is just a usual soundbite to appease the fans.

I think it would be better if he kept quiet and just roasted those wasters that were on the pitch last night. What ever he does he is going to get shot down. Best not give the haters anything to latch onto in my opinion.

This a different take on it and I mostly agree with you, especially your last sentence. I'm not convince though that his comment's are 'usual soundbite to appease the fans'. He sounded very genuine in his post match interview.

This a different take on it and I mostly agree with you, especially your last sentence. I'm not convince though that his comment's are 'usual soundbite to appease the fans'. He sounded very genuine in his post match interview.

That it maybe, but We have all heard it before from managers at our club and other clubs, so it will not wash with a lot of supporters.

Best keep schtum and get them to prove it on the pitch. What Millen needs now is backing from the board and really put in some tough measures for underperforming players

of course he did he's had a lot of practice, the problem is when will start seeing genuine consistent performances from his team.

That it maybe, but We have all heard it before from managers at our club and other clubs, so it will not wash with a lot of supporters.

Best keep schtum and get them to prove it on the pitch. What Millen needs now is backing from the board and really put in some tough measures for underperforming players

I don't think the board trust him enough to give him the backing Coppell and Johnson had,

He's already signed 8 or 9 players with only 2 being anywhere near the first team

http://www.bcfc.co.u...2428528,00.html

It is still early in the Milly/Wiggles adventure and to me it is clear that Millen is still reflecting the Gary Johnson school of media handling. Consider that Millens is not experienced in the media and would be drawing on what he learnt mainly from GJ and some from Tinnion and Wilson. I cant see a lot of career advancing media tecniques from any of these three.

Rewind 18 months and EMB and Robbo have a complete role reversal.

Indeed.

However At least Robbored was seen whether we win or lose and would make his comments even if we did disagree with them based on the game he had watched in person

EMB only sings when we are losing and bases his views his view of Teletext,

Indeed.

However At least Robbored was seen whether we win or lose and would make his comments even if we did disagree with them based on the game he had watched in person

Great Barney Gumball is awake, as usual spouts his twisted lies about me, somebody he does not know and of course only reads the comments made by anybody after a loss (quite often then) and not the comments after a good result.

Indeed.

Well....after the Cardiff fiasco, he disappeared until about 10pm the following Wednesday.....which was about 20 minutes after the full time whistle blew at leicester

Well....after the Cardiff fiasco, he disappeared until about 10pm the following Wednesday.....which was about 20 minutes after the full time whistle blew at leicester

You're are making an assumption that I deliberately avoided the forum after the Cardiff match. You couldn't be further from the truth. There were practical reasons ( things to do, jobs to complete, people to see ect, ect ) why I was only able to have a quick read.

You won't see me on here for a couple of weeks in October either. So if City lose a game during that time you'll accuse me of hiding I suppose.

You're are making an assumption that I deliberately avoided the forum after the Cardiff match. You couldn't be further from the truth. There were practical reasons ( things to do, jobs to complete, people to see ect, ect ) why I was only able to have a quick read.

You won't see me on here for a couple of weeks in October either. So if City lose a game during that time you'll accuse me of hiding I suppose.

Ok Robbo.....fair play, you were busy, for three days until 10pm on that Wednesday :aok2:

cool

Paolo Di Canio, may not be everyones choice of personality, but I have read his comments on line,

"I want to play football. I want to press the opponents high and attack the opponents. I don't want to wait and counter attack"

This is the complete opposite to our managers philosophy.

I didn't attend last night, so I can't comment on the evenings entertainment. Suffice to say, that I had a feeling it may just be same old same old. (In truth I'm sure all except Robbored did)

I can't see how Millen can put things right.

I can't see how Millen can restore the fans faith in him.

I can't see how Millen can restore the fans belief in the team.

I can't see how Millen can rid Ashton Gate of the Apathy that has set in.

It's a shame that Mr Lansdown doesn't watch this shambles as often as he did.

Our new club puppet, I mean Chairman needs to show some passion, show some guts, and make the call to Guernsey.

I think Millen is lucky that our next game is away; and, also one that we could win! If we don't, well, it could be a long winter of discontent.

Paolo Di Canio, may not be everyones choice of personality, but I have read his comments on line,

"I want to play football. I want to press the opponents high and attack the opponents. I don't want to wait and counter attack"

This is the complete opposite to our managers philosophy.

I didn't attend last night, so I can't comment on the evenings entertainment. Suffice to say, that I had a feeling it may just be same old same old. (In truth I'm sure all except Robbored did)

I can't see how Millen can put things right.

I can't see how Millen can restore the fans faith in him.

I can't see how Millen can restore the fans belief in the team.

I can't see how Millen can rid Ashton Gate of the Apathy that has set in.

It's a shame that Mr Lansdown doesn't watch this shambles as often as he did.

Our new club puppet, I mean Chairman needs to show some passion, show some guts, and make the call to Guernsey.

I think Millen is lucky that our next game is away; and, also one that we could win! If we don't, well, it could be a long winter of discontent.

If you are taking management advice from Paolo Di Canio may I refer you to the League 2 table.

If you are taking management advice from Paolo Di Canio may I refer you to the League 2 table.

Far from it Ronnabe. To be honest, I would have reservations if he were appointed our manager.

My point was, how he described the way he wants his team to play, and how Millen seemingly sets out his charges in complete opposite fashion..

Archived