IGNORED

Lee Johnson

stroudy

Simple reason he's not playing is because in the last 3/4 seasons he's proved not to be good enough at this level, fact he's gone to a club such as Chesterfield sums up his career that has been carried by his father.

Shit like this really makes my blood boil.

Lee Johnson played a massive role in getting this club to where we are today, a virtual ever present in both our promotion year and our playoff final season - which according to your rough estimates may or may not have been one of the seasons he 'proved not to be good enough at this level.'

If you don't rate him fine, not a problem with that in the slightest, but why feel the need to make it more than that. Flagrant disrespect of a loyal servant to the club who is consistently referred to as a model pro and actually, while we're on the subject, an incredibly decent football player - certainly one of the few players City have had in years previous who tried to play football the way fans {apparently} want, and yet received nothing but criticism for doing so.

The fact he has signed for Chesterfield doesn't prove anything either, if it did then David James has only ever been a good second tier goalkeeper.

Lee Johnson played a massive role in getting this club to where we are today, a virtual ever present in both our promotion year and our playoff final season - which according to your rough estimates may or may not have been one of the seasons he 'proved not to be good enough at this level.'

If you don't rate him fine, not a problem with that in the slightest, but why feel the need to make it more than that. Flagrant disrespect of a loyal servant to the club who is consistently referred to as a model pro and actually, while we're on the subject, an incredibly decent football player - certainly one of the few players City have had in years previous who tried to play football the way fans {apparently} want, and yet received nothing but criticism for doing so.

The fact he has signed for Chesterfield doesn't prove anything either, if it did then David James has only ever been a good second tier goalkeeper.

:yes:

It's also funny how the team at the moment struggles to retain possesion and that was what LJ was good at - keeping the ball.

Our defenders used to lump it alot less with him in the side, because he would always take it off them....

:yes:

It's also funny how the team at the moment struggles to retain possesion and that was what LJ was good at - keeping the ball.

Our defenders used to lump it alot less with him in the side, because he would always take it off them....BEFORE THEN PASSING IT BACK

Promotion Season - YES

But with a number of the team that came up - only performed well for the first 6months or so in the championship, but overall since we got promoted not been good enough at this level like many of the others of the promotion team who have since left, Noble and Alex Russell should have played alot more games in that play-off season than they did but didn't get the chance despite deserving it when others performed poorly.

Though personally the main reason I've never been a fan of his is because he's a bottler and didn't pull his weight for the team, time after time he'd waste the ball and wouldn't attempt to win it back, lost count of the amount of times over the years you will see him further up the field, wasting possession, team goes on the counter and scores and then just as the scoring player runs of celebrating, LJ appears lightly jogging back onto the screen.

People bemoan players like Skuse but at least when he gives the ball away he at least makes an effort to win it back.

Sorry, but one of the most over-rated players in our history.

Promotion Season - YES

But with a number of tehe team that came up - only performed well for the first 6months or so in the championship, but overall since we got promoted not been good enough at this level like many of the others of the promotion team who have since left, Noble and Alex Russell should have played alot more games in that play-off season than they did but didn't get the chance despite deserving it when others performed poorly.

Though personally the main reason I've never been a fan of his is because he's a bottler and didn't pull his weight for the team, time after time he'd waste the ball and wouldn't attempt to win it back, lost count of the amount of times over the years you will see him further up the field, wasting possession, team goes on the counter and scores and then just as the scoring player runs of celebrating, LJ appears lightly jogging back onto the screen.

People bemoan players like Skuse but at least when he gives the ball away he at least makes an effort to win it back.

Sorry, but one of the most over-rated players in our history.

Yeah your right Donald ex-Skuse is overrated

The Johnson debates were only ever going to be resolved after his dad left and then who he went to.

Well the manager of this club doesnt rate him and nor evidently do the 23 other Championship managers.

Think that proves the point that I and others always maintained.

Of all the arguments put on here in favour of Johnson, my favourite was from the comedian who maintained that because Johnson was slow and couldnt tackle, his job was to follow Skuse, who would be back-tracking to win the ball, then take it from Skuse when he finally caught up with him.

And the moment that summed up Johnson for me was when Orr, having won the ball on our goal line, was charging forward to launch an attack, but Johnson took the ball from him in order to pass back to Basso and chalk up another completed pass for Pro-zone.

As for him being a "loyal servant", anyone would be if they were paid several times more than they were worth. Chesterfield will be paying a tiny fraction of his wages, but its better than nothing.

Its not his fault, his dad put him on the current contract and Lansdown went along with it, so I dont blame him, but this was the inevitable end to his career at Ashton Gate.

The Johnson debates were only ever going to be resolved after his dad left and then who he went to.

Well the manager of this club doesnt rate him and nor evidently do the 23 other Championship managers.

Of all the arguments put on here in favour of Johnson, my favourite was from the comedian who maintained that because Johnson was slow and couldnt tackle, his job was to follow Skuse, who would be back-tracking to win the ball, then take it from Skuse when he finally caught up with him.

And the moment that summed up Johnson for me was when Orr, having won the ball on our goal line, was charging forward to launch an attack, but Johnson took the ball from him in order to pass back to Basso and chalk up another completed pass for Pro-zone.

As for him being a "loyal servant", anyone would be if they were paid several times more than they were worth. Chesterfield will be paying a tiny fraction of his wages, but its better than nothing.

Its not his fault, his dad put him on the current contract and Lansdown went along with it, so I dont blame him, but this was the inevitable end to his career at Ashton Gate.

100% agree.

People go on about the amount of passes Johnson completed according to the statistics.

Most of them were f.ucking backwards!

Totally ineffective player and glad he's gone even if it is only on loan.

100% agree.

People go on about the amount of passes Johnson completed according to the statistics.

Most of them were f.ucking backwards!

Totally ineffective player and glad he's gone even if it is only on loan.

No goals

No assists

No tackles

Took all the free kicks and all the corners - again no goals scored from any of them.

CR

Well said. Not even close to being good enough.

yea poor old lee tucked us for 8k a week for the last 2 years with zero input my heart bleeds

my heart is hardly bleeding...I was surprised he ever returned from Derby - and posted as much - but whatever the circumstances I think that when a member of one of the great City teams departs we should be reflecting on the good he did...

But hey ho...

The most missed player in the CHAMPIONSHIP during our first season, shame we brought Carle in and played him instead of Johnson.

What utter rubbish, i still fail to see any attributes that he brings to the team, please someone, tell me his strengths, remind me of any game he has absolutely any influence on in the past 4 yrs, personally i think that Chesterfield and the division they are in is to good for him, he is no better than basement level, as for his dad, i'll have him back at AG tomorrow, the best manager we have had since Alan Dicks

my heart is hardly bleeding...I was surprised he ever returned from Derby - and posted as much - but whatever the circumstances I think that when a member of one of the great City teams departs we should be reflecting on the good he did...

But hey ho...

why were you supised he returned from derby seriosly??

What utter rubbish, i still fail to see any attributes that he brings to the team, please someone, tell me his strengths, remind me of any game he has absolutely any influence on in the past 4 yrs, personally i think that Chesterfield and the division they are in is to good for him, he is no better than basement level, as for his dad, i'll have him back at AG tomorrow, the best manager we have had since Alan Dicks

Have a look at win percentages with him in the team and without over those 4 seasons I bet I know which one has the better win percentage

and it wont be the one with him not in the team

Have a look at win percentages with him in the team and without over those 4 seasons I bet I know which one has the better win percentage

and it wont be the one with him not in the team

Nothing to do with the other 10 player in the team then!

Sorry mate but the love you have for Johnson is ridiculous.

Archived