IGNORED

Lee Johnson

stroudy

Nothing to do with the other 10 player in the team then!

Sorry mate but the love you have for Johnson is ridiculous.

Mate I am not saying it was just down to him like some of these Paul Hartley is superb brigade who believed the he was the only one in the team. I'm just sayng that he was part of a good team and that when he played we won more than we loss.

Have a look at win percentages with him in the team and without over those 4 seasons I bet I know which one has the better win percentage

and it wont be the one with him not in the team

Sorry, you didn't answer the question, what are his attributes and strengths? name me the game he had any positive impact on, why has nobody ever came in to buy him?

Once he decided to come back, they signed another midfielder, can't remember his name tho

They wanted him for just another month, we wanted him gone for rest of season......or other way around, bur either way I recall he was happy to stay there.

Sorry, you didn't answer the question, what are his attributes and strengths? name me the game he had any positive impact on, why has nobody ever came in to buy him?

Can anyone ever remember Johnson ever winning man of the match??? Or having a matching winning game/performance

How i see it... A very lucky lad indeed.

His Dad got him on a very good contract here, and although he says he wants to go into management in the future, it is imho, that in recent years he has been focussing on his property business rather than on football. Whenever i have seen him play in recent years, he looked to be going through the motions, and not focussed on the job in hand.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/property/article-1354164/A-home-win-Bristol-City-s-Lee-Johnson-Footballer-times-1-2million-transfer-perfection.html

Oh so that against the championship winners interesting. Shame millen didn't take any notice

Millen probably did take notice buy reading properly and seeing that the article was regarding a game against Reading, NOT the championship winners.

bloody hell.

Good luck to the guy, Hope it goes well for him and he finds a group of supporters who aren't as venomous as ours. A model professional and a really smart and kind fella to boot... Not to mention him being a major part of the most successful BCFC side of my lifetime.

Good luck little Lee.

Promotion Season - YES

But with a number of the team that came up - only performed well for the first 6months or so in the championship, but overall since we got promoted not been good enough at this level like many of the others of the promotion team who have since left, Noble and Alex Russell should have played alot more games in that play-off season than they did but didn't get the chance despite deserving it when others performed poorly.

Though personally the main reason I've never been a fan of his is because he's a bottler and didn't pull his weight for the team, time after time he'd waste the ball and wouldn't attempt to win it back, lost count of the amount of times over the years you will see him further up the field, wasting possession, team goes on the counter and scores and then just as the scoring player runs of celebrating, LJ appears lightly jogging back onto the screen.

People bemoan players like Skuse but at least when he gives the ball away he at least makes an effort to win it back.

Sorry, but one of the most over-rated players in our history.

Noble/Russell should have played more because others played badly yet we got to the play off final in our first attempt for a long time! Really? From memory we actually performed better that season with LJ in the team than we did when he was out. Or at least our results seemed to suggest that.

I find it strange that players like LJ who tried to play passing football but didn't always work out are hated by our fans despite the fact it could have been the wingers not makin the right runs, the forwards not getting into the right positions or maybe he would come short it get a pass from a defender, drags an opposition midfielder from his space and this then opens room for another city player to move into or opens another route for a pass.

People bemoan players like Skuse but at least when he gives the ball away he at least makes an effort to win it back.

It's all very well trying to look like you are winning the ball back but I'd rather a player passes the ball backwards to a team mate then constantly give the ball away.

The haters of players always shout louder on here and give the supporters of players a lot of stick. Pretty pathetic really.

People saying you he didnt pass forward...u don't always have to pass forward.keeping the ball moving it is more important.the other team doesn't have it then.how many times does cabot pass it back or iniesta.they keep the ball.if u want good football.u need to keep the ball.every ball isn't gunna he a killer ball

How many times does this have to be posted ???

LJ has not had an assist this season, last season or the season before.......... get the message ?

In the same period he has managed 1 GOAL..........get the message

Prior to that, his father was the manager and LJ had the advantage of taking corners and dead ball situations, his stats were only marginally better.

If LJ was that good, why did his father sign Hartley and send his son to Derby on loan ? That should tell you a story right there !!!! Your Dad sends you out on loan and plays another center midfielder in your place ?

I know I'me 68 and deranged, but for Gods sake, how clear does a clean window have to be ?

People saying you he didnt pass forward...u don't always have to pass forward.keeping the ball moving it is more important.the other team doesn't have it then.how many times does cabot pass it back or iniesta.they keep the ball.if u want good football.u need to keep the ball.every ball isn't gunna he a killer ball

Oh dear.

Quality ball players do it well under pressure in the opponents half! Taking the ball off your own defenders in your own half then playing it sidewards under no pressure is hardly the same.

Oh dear.

Quality ball players do it well under pressure in the opponents half! Taking the ball off your own defenders in your own half then playing it sidewards under no pressure is hardly the same.

If you watch Barcelona/Spain - the make hundreds of sideways passes.

Lee Johnson was never a Championship player. He is a VERY GOOD League 1 player and will be a real assett to Chesterfraud.

1st of the surplus to requirements gone, several more to go, and then start on the journeymen players this club has loads of. The the club might be on the up.

thanks for the promotion season Lee, you will be rememebered for that, sadly for little more than that togh.

Archived