IGNORED

Lee Johnson

stroudy

Oh dear.

Quality ball players do it well under pressure in the opponents half! Taking the ball off your own defenders in your own half then playing it sidewards under no pressure is hardly the same.

To every ball has to go forward.it is all about shifting the play creating angles.passing sideways or back.keeps the ball.people are blind to the fact that lj could pass.gave us shape and kept the ball.fact is played better when lj was in the team.eillot and skuse cannot pass.I understand there defensive midfielders.but keeping the ball through passing is also defensive way of playing....fact is our centre mid.can tackle and block...not much more....its like having six defenders out there.then wondering why we can't score

Richard Latham remarked in the Sunday Independent today that Kilkenny looks no different to Lee Johnson so far when was was needed was a Paul Hartley style player. If this turns out to be correct it's hard to see what we have gained by swapping one for the other. There again if your defenders are going to launch endless long punts there is little point in having a creative player in the middle. Better to have a Rory Delap, God help us. :disapointed2se:

And he did that mate.fact is when he is in the team we get more points than now.played better football.and controled games more than now.

He didn't do it though. As has been said, he made minimal assists from numerous set pieces and also being the 'creative midfielder'.

He used to create more chances for the other team by giving them the ball right infront of our goal.

We got more points with him as we had a better manager. He certainly isn't the answer for us now and there is a reason that no Championship clubs have come in for him so he went to Chesterfield.

Richard Latham remarked in the Sunday Independent today that Kilkenny looks no different to Lee Johnson so far when was was needed was a Paul Hartley style player. If this turns out to be correct it's hard to see what we have gained by swapping one for the other. There again if your defenders are going to launch endless long punts there is little point in having a creative player in the middle. Better to have a Rory Delap, God help us. :disapointed2se:

couldn't agree more

As I have said before in the Johnson debates, his lack of contribution can be gauged from match reports, where in the majority of instances he barely gets a mention, save for when he used to take crap free kicks.

Well the Chesterfield match report made me laugh. The only Johnson mention and I quote:

"Johnson's chipped free kick was cleared".

As I have said before in the Johnson debates, his lack of contribution can be gauged from match reports, where in the majority of instances he barely gets a mention, save for when he used to take crap free kicks.

Well the Chesterfield match report made me laugh. The only Johnson mention and I quote:

"Johnson's chipped free kick was cleared".

oh well point proven then :doh:

So let me get this right, you looked for and read chesterfield's match report, to prove your point?

This^^ and the fact that you only post about lee johnson suggests to me you really are quite sad.

Okay you are right well done....

but he was a part of a promotion side and a part of a side that almost give us a promotion to the prem - thats enough for me to say he did well as a bristol city player.

Riaz I think the forum rule attack the post not the poster still applies; name-calling doesnt really bother me, nevertheless I would suggest that monitoring the content of my posts and a seemingly perpetual presence on this site, tells its own story. I rarely post on here now as there is little point, however family Johnson was a topic of interest for many, myself included.

Yes I had a quick scan of the Chesterfield site, out of interest to see if Johnson made any greater contribution there than he did here. As expected, he didnt.

Topping the prozone stats may have given his dad ammunition to make Lee a regular, however backwards passes and running around a lot doesnt win many games and just as I predicted a move downwards after his dad left and his contract was up, I also predict a continual slide downwards thereafter.

I do not normally criticize any City player, but I certainly wont be feeling sorry for the least deserving recipient of £8k+ pw in Ashton Gate history.

It seems that the supporters of Johnson were happy to support his inclusion in the team ahead of superior players while his dad was manager, but would rather not have the proof of the matter pointed out to them.

Riaz I think the forum rule attack the post not the poster still applies; name-calling doesnt really bother me, nevertheless I would suggest that monitoring the content of my posts and a seemingly perpetual presence on this site, tells its own story. I rarely post on here now as there is little point, however family Johnson was a topic of interest for many, myself included.

Yes I had a quick scan of the Chesterfield site, out of interest to see if Johnson made any greater contribution there than he did here. As expected, he didnt.

Topping the prozone stats may have given his dad ammunition to make Lee a regular, however backwards passes and running around a lot doesnt win many games and just as I predicted a move downwards after his dad left and his contract was up, I also predict a continual slide downwards thereafter.

I do not normally criticize any City player, but I certainly wont be feeling sorry for the least deserving recipient of £8k+ pw in Ashton Gate history.

It seems that the supporters of Johnson were happy to support his inclusion in the team ahead of superior players while his dad was manager, but would rather not have the proof of the matter pointed out to them.

Listen you dont rate him thats fine - I've never said he was anything other than decent.

But if he was never good enough for this level, as some seem to suggest - how were we top after 37 or 38 games, until he got injured?

Whether he is now good enough is another question - I would'nt be surprised to see his career go flat, but I also would'nt be surprised if he does well for chesterfield and had another crack at this level.

....I would'nt be surprised to see his career go flat, but I also would'nt be surprised if he does well for chesterfield and had another crack at this level.

Well the one thing I can conclude with certainty from that is that whatever happens to Johnson's career, you won't be surprised.

Shit like this really makes my blood boil.

Lee Johnson played a massive role in getting this club to where we are today, a virtual ever present in both our promotion year and our playoff final season - which according to your rough estimates may or may not have been one of the seasons he 'proved not to be good enough at this level.'

If you don't rate him fine, not a problem with that in the slightest, but why feel the need to make it more than that. Flagrant disrespect of a loyal servant to the club who is consistently referred to as a model pro and actually, while we're on the subject, an incredibly decent football player - certainly one of the few players City have had in years previous who tried to play football the way fans {apparently} want, and yet received nothing but criticism for doing so.

The fact he has signed for Chesterfield doesn't prove anything either, if it did then David James has only ever been a good second tier goalkeeper.

Exactly!

The abuse this boy has got for being at times one of our best players makes me feel quite ill!!!

LJ was one of our best players in our promotion season and in our first season at this level. This also applied to Jamie McCombe (who absence from the play off final almost certainly cost us the match) who also came under attack by the championship managers and those with a very small IQ and a smaller penis on this board that pretend to support this football club!

LJ like Jamie will eventually have to move on or be moved on, this is football and this is life, but for people to forget what they did and what they achieved and then write the shit that gets posted with there name, such as they were never good enough, is a disgrace on those who write it and they should be bloody ashamed of themselves!!!

Archived