IGNORED

Millens Reign Or Johnsons Last Six Months

Pete1975Legend

At least we were always in the game!

As we were on Saturday ...6 shots on target and we more than matched Brighton until they snatched a late winner.

Plus, IMO it was only the mistakes by James that lost us the game against Ipswich. Their keeper made some outstanding saves. We just need a bit of luck and we will be ok.

Your just negative Riaz

At Bristol City I'm sure the players have too much influence the GJ fiasco is just one of them if whats reported was true.

Yet a spat between a player and a manger at Swindon happens the player gets given the boot, manager stays.

What do we do, sack the manager and the players involved stay - something is definetly wrong somewhere!

As we were on Saturday ...6 shots on target and we more than matched Brighton until they snatched a late winner.

Plus, IMO it was only the mistakes by James that lost us the game against Ipswich. Their keeper made some outstanding saves. We just need a bit of luck and we will be ok.

Your just negative Riaz

God knows where the 6 shots on target were I remember 1 at the end of the 2nd half, don't remember their keeper doing much else........

Your just negative Riaz

Maybe thats because I've been watching negative football.....

Recently we HAVE been in games - but thats because we're getting 10 men behind the ball and arent really looking to win the games - just trying to snatch a point.

I was happy with our performance on saturday, until millen made the subs.... it went downhill from there.

At Bristol City I'm sure the players have too much influence the GJ fiasco is just one of them if whats reported was true.

Yet a spat between a player and a manger at Swindon happens the player gets given the boot, manager stays.

What do we do, sack the manager and the players involved stay - something is definetly wrong somewhere!

At Swindon it was one player and their manager.

For us it was most of the squad and GJ.

What was worse out of the two? Probably on the same level Im afraid.

Maybe thats because I've been watching negative football.....

I was happy with our performance on saturday, until millen made the subs.... it went downhill from there.

You were watching 'negative' football long before Millen took over but I don't remember you complaining about it then...

And....do you suppose that managers get substitutions right every time? Oh, I forgot Gary Johnson did.............facepalm.gif

You were watching 'negative' football long before Millen took over but I don't remember you complaining about it then...

And....do you suppose that managers get substitutions right every time? Oh, I forgot Gary Johnson did.............facepalm.gif

and you were complaining about it then but now your making excuses for it.

The football may have been negative - but at least we had a winning mentality.

Personally I don't think it was. I think it's on the same level as now maybe even GJ's was a tiny little worse.

Something's going on in the dressing room. Perhaps it's still the same core set-up GJ had.

One thing for sure is though, I don't think KM is good enough and this squad is very poor with a lot of league one players involved in the set-up.

Always thankful for GJ bringing us into the Championship. Then for the play-off final season. Though I would say we did not really have a playing style under GJ, the only good season we had where we played good football was our League 1 Promotion season. Even during the play-off season we did not play well. You could argue GJ for not strengthing the side in January. Norwich did and it payed of well for them, even they did not play good football last season imo. If you want to look at it straight you would say GJ did very well here. But if you wanted to look at it more carefully and look through statistics, he was not really that great for us.

Has anybody got a list of the players GJ brought into the club since the start and end of his reign?

During our time un the championship under Johnson last 6 months aside we played to our strenghs as we were limited in the personal we had at our disposal

We don't seem to be doing that now we have picked a formation which is clear to almost all that doesn't work and are asking players to adapt something that should of happened pre season

We are playing catch up again I seems Teflon has not learnt lessions from coppell or Johnson which is worrying and it start to look like the players aren't playing for him

He needs a massive home victory with a convincing performance for fans to swing back in favour of giving him a little more time no good away from home as the majority of fans do not witness this

During our time un the championship under Johnson last 6 months aside we played to our strenghs as we were limited in the personal we had at our disposal

We don't seem to be doing that now we have picked a formation which is clear to almost all that doesn't work and are asking players to adapt something that should of happened pre season

We are playing catch up again I seems Teflon has not learnt lessions from coppell or Johnson which is worrying and it start to look like the players aren't playing for him

He needs a massive home victory with a convincing performance for fans to swing back in favour of giving him a little more time no good away from home as the majority of fans do not witness this

Not to forget that GJ basically lost NM during his final season due to injury.

Hmmmm........................Thats very debatable.

Basically Johnson ran out of ideas.....Millen did to. In 13 months he has bought NOTHING new to the table and has kept us going in the same direction Johnson (and Millen) was taking us some 18 months ago.

Let's hope our board do something about it before it's to late eh

Point one. - Exactly the same applies to Millen's situation now. He said after the Brighton game that he'd selected players in their strongest positions (subs excluded)

Point two - Your second comment is simply not accurate. Are you suggesting that experienced Championship players like Skuse, Elliot, Killkenny and JCR haven't played 4-5-1or 4-3-3 before? They are all professional footballers and should be able to play any formation.

Are you suggesting that experienced Championship players like Skuse, Elliot, Killkenny and JCR haven't played 4-5-1or 4-3-3 before? They are all professional footballers and should be able to play any formation.

I'm experienced in the bedroom, it doesn't however mean I'm any good at it.......

We did until the start of the 08/09 season. We conceded a few late goals that season and a huge amount the following season. Millen's reign has been better then Johnson's final six months for me, there have been genuine signs of hope (the two great runs we went on last season) and last season we actually played some decent football. This campaign has been nothing short of shit so far and one of the most disappointing aspects is the fact Millen is now extrememely cautious as this wasn't always the case. The good signs we showed last season, especially following the bad Christmas period, were genuinely promsing. A decent points tally with some exciting performances. Unfortunately none of these signs are apparent yet this season. However Johnson's final few months were horrible, don't forget the Cardiff debacle!

Point one. - Exactly the same applies to Millen's situation now. He said after the Brighton game that he'd selected players in their strongest positions (subs excluded)

Really? Maynard should not be up front on his own. He is a goalscorer - not a target man or a lone striker.

We improved under Johnson robbo we haven't under millen

Iyes they are pro footballers but let me ask you something do you pick something uP your not use to and work it at 100% or do you take time to get use to it and learn it?

Let's all remember what Teflon said shall we

Judge me on results and no excuses

Well results are poor and we get about 3 excuses a day

Oh and tactically we are spot on yet it's seen zero goals zero wins

Archived