IGNORED

Millens Reign Or Johnsons Last Six Months

Pete1975Legend

It was worse for longer under Johnson. The most dreary and pedestrian football I've ever seen in 40 years of watching City. The difference is that Johnson chose tactics that way and played not to lose. Very few forum users complained about it back then but now they are accusing Millen of doing exactly the same.

It was worse for longer under Johnson. The most dreary and pedestrian football I've ever seen in 40 years of watching City. The difference is that Johnson chose tactics that way and played not to lose.

The attendances would disagree with you.

It was worse for longer under Johnson. The most dreary and pedestrian football I've ever seen in 40 years of watching City. The difference is that Johnson chose tactics that way and played not to lose. Very few forum users complained about it back then but now they are accusing Millen of doing exactly the same.

Did only few complain? I can't really remember, doubt it though considering that was the end of GJ.

Anyway, the football under Keith is sometimes better than the very end of GJ's reign but at least with Johnson we would try and score before trying not to lose.

no this is the second round of season ticket sales since he left, it would of had an effect last season not this season,

But don't dismiss the euphoria that surrounded the club the season before, Steve Coppell, talk of Premier League football, a reasonable run-in under caretaker keith....

Think some people still haven't taken their 'GJ rose tinters' off, some of the football was HORRENDOUS in GJs last year or so, at least now we try to win a game, not start out to defend from the 1st minute.

BCAGFC

Do we?

I'm sure we've been playing 451.......

The last 6 months under GJ was dire, but nobody (even Robored!) could argue that he achieved alot for this club after many before him had failed

When we are poor under KM, then it very often mirrors the problems during GJ's last few months,(lack of creativity, passionless, dull & predicatable) However, when we are good under KM, we are pretty damn good!

I think if everyone who is Pro, Anti or still undecided over KM as BCFC manager, takes a step back, does a small amount of research of the time he has been in position (from the Newcastle Home game) and if they overlook the current negativity and come off of the band wagon for just a moment, then most people would agree that the best and worst of KM is the inconsistency.

It would not surprise me if at me point soon we go on a 5 game winning run and surge up the table. The problem arises with knowing that just as likely, will follow another run of poor results and so on, so on.

Is this inconsistency critical? - No, i don't think it is and will ultimitely see us finish between 12-18 place.

Is this good enough? - No, i don't believe it is, but it is the reality of where we lie in the pecking order of the current NPC set up.

Would a change of manager bring certain improvements? - No, any new appointment would be a gamble. Especially mid point in a season. IMO, this should only be the next step if the board believe our status in the NPC is under severe threat.

That said, we would need to get ourselves on one of these decent runs pretty quickly, before the tide turns against KM to an irriversable level. Within the next 3/4 games IMO, otherwise we could see changes being made.

at least now we try to win a game, not start out to defend from the 1st minute.

BCAGFC

Haven't noticed that.

We're often told when City play away that we have to soak up the pressure and not concede for the first 20 minutes, quieten the home crowd down and hope they'll then turn against their team.

At AG away teams have nothing to fear because City don't go at them from the off. Nothing much of note usually happens in the first 20 minutes and the away team often have the majority of the play.

The crowd never get going because Millen's City never get going, no sustained pressure and no excitement.

We need to attack the opposition to break this tedious cycle but KM's priority is always never to concede the first goal.

But we usually manage to anyway.doh.gif

Think some people still haven't taken their 'GJ rose tinters' off, some of the football was HORRENDOUS in GJs last year or so, at least now we try to win a game, not start out to defend from the 1st minute.

BCAGFC

WTF!!! In principal, EVERY team goes out to win........but its how you set yourself up and play on the pitch which tells the story so please exlain how playing 5-4-1 with one "small" striker up front, scoring ZERO goals in 4 home games, having what appears minimal real chanes at goal, playing effectivley with three holding midfielders, with no general cohesion or flair in our play can constitute trying to win a game.

We have gone out in most games set up not to lose, it worked well at Leicester but it aint worked since and to me is certainly not the answer for home games

At least with GJ you knew that most of the time if we had a poor first half or we were losing at half time, the team would come out and have a go and moe often or not get something from the game . I have never really had that feeling with Millen either from the start of the game, after half time or at any point during the game.

Was Millen technically at fault for both reigns? :innocent06:

I really wanted Millen to go with GJ, we really needed a fresh start then as I think GJ and Milly did. He's been at the club so long now and everything's gone stale with a stuck in the doldrums feel about the place.

A big clear out is long overdue but I'm not sure it's going to happen any time soon.

I really wanted Millen to go with GJ, we really needed a fresh start then as I think GJ and Milly did. He's been at the club so long now and everything's gone stale with a stuck in the doldrums feel about the place.

A big clear out is long overdue but I'm not sure it's going to happen any time soon.

I take your point and perhaps, with hindsight, this would have been the best route to take.

However, please remember that the feeling at the club in the summer after GJ left and Coppell came in, was anything but, "a stuck in the doldrums feel about the place"

I take your point and perhaps, with hindsight, this would have been the best route to take.

However, please remember that the feeling at the club in the summer after GJ left and Coppell came in, was anything but, "a stuck in the doldrums feel about the place"

That's a fair point, I don't mind admitting I was delighted when we appointed Coppell.

He really let us down badly and in a way I can see why SL went down the easy route after that fiasco, even if I wasn't happy with it.

Archived