IGNORED

Clarkson

Nibor

A neat footballer lacking pace always made him dependent of a footballing side.

Could still do a job as offensive central midfielder.

All the best Clarky.

Not so long ago you described him as a 'dead fish'. Now he's a neat player?

What changed?

And that would be?

I can never remember who signed who..........

The same person who signed Maynard even though the forum online managers claimed the fee was far too much, the same person who signed Fontaine a player we were recently offered 1 miil for, the same person who signed Nyatanga who is suddenly finding his young feet, the same person who signed Elliott a mainstay and probably the only goal threat in our midfield and the same person who signed JCR a player who has been roundly criticised especially by you before he became Millens left sided saviour after the failure of his own left sided signing.

I'm sorry for having called players "dead fish". Really poor and you all have my apology.

Pub banter is not for a discussion forum.

No need to apologize. Just thought there was a significant difference between a dead fish and a neat player, and so I wondered what changed your opinion of him.

Roll on the banter BCS

I hope Clarkey goes there, and does brilliant, and that goes for any of our players who go out on loan. This will hopefully mean the loan club and the player want to make it permenant. The other factor could be the other club cannot aford the player but he comes back full of confidense, and does the business for us if called upon.

Probably one of the worse forwards City have ever had. Can you even class him as a striker? Has no pace, strength no nothing. I'll be surprised if he even gets 1 goal during his month spell there.

this is a wind up right?? In the last 5-6 years alone, Stewart, Bridges, Savage, Quinn, Smith, John, Maierhofer, Keogh and Agyemang spring to mind as strikers who were worse than Clarky in City's colours

this is a wind up right?? In the last 5-6 years alone, Stewart, Bridges, Savage, Quinn, Smith, John, Maierhofer, Keogh and Agyemang spring to mind as strikers who were worse than Clarky in City's colours

Not really, you've made a good list there and Clarkson is easily part of that list. We payed 800k for the lad, for that amount you would hope for a good striker, not great but good. Clarkson's a poor footballer and has done nothing in his career here. The worse point is, last season after playing well for a few games people wanted City to give him a new contract! He was a terrible signing and we will probably only get around 200k for him.

An intelligent player who scores goals and creates assists - just what the team is lacking at the moment. If we are playing one up front then we are crying our for a creative midfielder who can chip in with goals. I said before the start of the season that there weren't enough goals in the side and for that reason alone I'd play Clarkson - probably instead of Kilkenny. Plus team spirit can't be under-estimated and I don't think Kilkenny adds much on that front.

Where have you heard that buddy??

Doesn.t really matter, but it is true and should be considered before people like Graham C, who appears to weald insder knowledge, try to incite negative reactions from the fans.

Wish this site spent more time trying to encourage fans and players to succeed and enjoy our time in the Championship. City is a good club, just going through a difficult period. The board will do its best to help the club recover and grow.

Doesn.t really matter, but it is true and should be considered before people like Graham C, who appears to weald insder knowledge, try to incite negative reactions from the fans.

Insider knowledge? Millen told is that players turned down loan requests?!

Teddy Sheringham wasn't quick either.

I was lucky enough to watch him score 2 of the goals when we took the Dutch to the cleaners in Euro 96. We had a proper side then.

Back to Clarkson. The money side of this is largely irrelevant. We'll probably recoup about 4 days worth of Nicky Hunt's wages. In footballing terms, it could be significant should he do well. If we continue to struggle to score, he could well come back and get a place in the squad after his month. We need a player like him in the side.

Archived