IGNORED

Clarkson

Nibor

Thats the type of striker he is. No one is saying he is anywhere near as good.

Exactly. Taking into account his intermittent appearance record and the number of times he has come off the bench for just a few minutes he has a very respectable goals/assists rate at this level. Perhaps his 'passes completed' stat isn't up to the mark as occasionally he tries something a little different.

Agree with Well Red Phil :

"He's excellent in space and is much more effective in the hole or as a midfielder in a 4-3-3 in my opinion. He ran the show in our 4-0 win at Deepdale last season and as he had lots of space in that game was able to dictate play, spraying balls around. He's very weak and slow though so if he's up front unless you can give him the ball when he's in a lot of space, which we evidently don't have the quality to do, he is pointless. Makes sense him going out on loan as he's clearly not in Millen's plans."

With a lot of work done on upper body strength he would be good in the Championship.

Too easily pushed off the ball as striker.

Skilfull player. Why hasn't he been tried in midfield if we can't attract a creative midfielder from elsewhere

It worked when he played in the hole.

Not so obvious is the player who had a request for loan turned down by the City?

Quite so...several in fact ...plus a couple of firm offers for more than one of them...

I wouldnt mind a wager that several of the players Millen has discarded from his plans would run out of the gate tomorrow if they had a decent loan offer.

Its not aquestion of taking a pay cut either as they would still be under contract to City and City would have be obliged to make up the difference in the salary.

The club could have offloaded severl of these Players and Maynard earlier in the season but Landsdown played the odds and lost....

All this... "Players refuse to go on Loan" is just a smoke screen to masque the Clubs incompitence IMO...

Davie Clarkson good player, very very under rated.

In my opinion he could be the player we have been crying out for,a creative midfielder, yep i said it midfielder.

Another example of a good player becoming stagnant at Ashton Gate

Totally agree...

Always good with his back to goal. Would do well imho, just behind a front 2 or playing off one other. Killkenny would benefit from having him as someone to pass to. Holds ball up well and also has a great shot and eye for goal. A goalscoring high midfielder is what we need.

Hope he does well at Brenford and comes back to the club on fire.

Totally agree...

Always good with his back to goal. Would do well imho, just behind a front 2 or playing off one other. Killkenny would benefit from having him as someone to pass to. Holds ball up well and also has a great shot and eye for goal. A goalscoring high midfielder is what we need.

Hope he does well at Brenford and comes back to the club on fire.

I agree...

4 Goals in 2 consecutive reserve matches...cant be more on fire than that...what more can he do.?

Funny how Clarkson has suddenly become the missing link.

Whenever he has played, most on here are quick to say he's not good enough!

Agree with that, he certainly isn't good enought to be played up front but he was a much better player behind the front two in an attacking midfield role. I think that the shame of it all is Millen will force Stead and Pitman onto the left wing when everyone knows it wont work yet, when Clarkson has played in a deeper role he's looked decent he gets dropped again.

It happens to a lot of managers, they think they are being very clever by swopping players around and persisting with rank systems to try and prove a point, most recent example is the what once was the untouchable Wenger and his ridiculous youth only policy, it's cost Arsenal valuable players like Nasri and Fabregas to try and prove his point. Managers become stubborn and don't want to seem to do things they are being told, and do all they can to get away from the bleeding obvious. Keiths one of these, so was Johnson.

Football is a very very simple game to play, managers confuse players with their (clever) tactics.

Clarkson is a decent player, granted....he just is not good enough for the Championship. Many Scottish player these days cross the border, but not to many succeed as the standard of football up there now is League 1 standard down here.

David goodwille for example....just moved to Blackburn, I put money on it now he will disappear back to Scotland within 18 months.

Talk of playing Clarkson in midfield.....wont work, he isnt a midfie;der by trade, and certainly wouldnt be good enough to play there at this level. Nice idea, but we do not have a creative option good enough in our squad. We can try everyone there....it wont be good enough

Good luck to the lad in League 1, think he can do a job down there. The ironic thing is, the way its going....we could be down there next year, and Clarky will be gone on a free transfer

Clarkson is a decent player, granted....he just is not good enough for the Championship. Many Scottish player these days cross the border, but not to many succeed as the standard of football up there now is League 1 standard down here.

David goodwille for example....just moved to Blackburn, I put money on it now he will disappear back to Scotland within 18 months.

Talk of playing Clarkson in midfield.....wont work, he isnt a midfie;der by trade, and certainly wouldnt be good enough to play there at this level. Nice idea, but we do not have a creative option good enough in our squad. We can try everyone there....it wont be good enough

Good luck to the lad in League 1, think he can do a job down there. The ironic thing is, the way its going....we could be down there next year, and Clarky will be gone on a free transfer

Agree with every word, another failed Scots striker in long line of failed strikers who can't cut it south of the border?

A large proportion of our Squad have spent most of their career playing League 1, Scottish or development football. A lot of recent signings have come from the lower leagues.

The likes of Cisse, Stewart and Hunt have had more experience at a higher level but are out of favour.

Tbh, when you look at our Squad there are a lot of young and relatively inexperienced, at this level, individuals in it.

He's excellent in space and is much more effective in the hole or as a midfielder in a 4-3-3 in my opinion. He ran the show in our 4-0 win at Deepdale last season and as he had lots of space in that game was able to dictate play, spraying balls around. He's very weak and slow though so if he's up front unless you can give him the ball when he's in a lot of space, which we evidently don't have the quality to do, he is pointless. Makes sense him going out on loan as he's clearly not in Millen's plans.

Agreed. I remember that well too, the hole was his best position.

Archived