IGNORED

Just How Useless Are We?

Redland

Just watched Leeds being outclassed by Man United reserves.

The same Leeds team that beat us with only 10 men on Saturday.

Surprisingly, Man United reserves did not concede a late sloppy goal from a throw in or a corner.

Still, at least Leeds reached this stage of the competition and were rewarded with a good home draw. We got knocked out in the first round (yet again) by fourth division (old money) Swindon Town.

Just shows that even in the Championship we are out of our depth. A disgrace for a city the size of Bristol.

We haven't even scored a goal at home this season and the football is certainly not entertaining.

Well, after over 45 years of supporting City I've decided to call it a day. It won't be easy but I simply cannot stand the disappointment any more. I've again wasted my money on a season ticket but this does not mean I have to continue to waste my time as well.

For those that say I am not a true supporter I've been to more home and away games than most posters on this forum. However with age comes wisdom and if you keep banging your head against a brick wall you eventually realise it's time to stop.

Since this will be my last post I wish you all the best and sincerely hope you enjoy more success than I have over the past 45 years.

I sympathise with you my friend. But I bet you keep on going to the Gate. It`s in your blood. !!!

Keep smiling :englandsmile4wf:

Yet it only takes a moment of brilliance, or a simple goal, or a lucky win to make coming back a certain addiction.

Personally, I am still living off an Alan Walsh corker lord knows how many years ago.

Surprisingly, Man United reserves did not concede a late sloppy goal from a throw in or a corner.

Still, at least Leeds reached this stage of the competition and were rewarded with a good home draw. We got knocked out in the first round (yet again) by fourth division (old money) Swindon Town.

Just shows that even in the Championship we are out of our depth. A disgrace for a city the size of Bristol.

We haven't even scored a goal at home this season and the football is certainly not entertaining.

Well, after over 45 years of supporting City I've decided to call it a day. It won't be easy but I simply cannot stand the disappointment any more. I've again wasted my money on a season ticket but this does not mean I have to continue to waste my time as well.

For those that say I am not a true supporter I've been to more home and away games than most posters on this forum. However with age comes wisdom and if you keep banging your head against a brick wall you eventually realise it's time to stop.

Since this will be my last post I wish you all the best and sincerely hope you enjoy more success than I have over the past 45 years.

Get a grip....we been here for 4 seasons.

Some people, like you, are COMPLETELY CLUELESS.

makes me wonder what planet some people are on.

I don't think it's a fair comparison.

Let's have a look at some of those reserves shall we:

Amos- young prospect?

Fabio Da Silva- young, would get into many PL squads I think.

Fryers- pass

Giggs- Nuff said

Park- CL winner, PL winner, not 100% top drawer but still pretty damn goodt.

Carrick- ditto

Valencia- ditto

Owen- we all know about him

Berbatov- ditto, though has perhaps disappointed relative to expectation at times.

Macheda- not great overall but easily up to it at Championship level I'd have thought.

Diouf- know little about, think he may have done ok for Blackburn on loan last year.

It may be their reserves but all it goes to show is their massive strength in depth and what a chasm is developing at the top of the English game.Man United, give or take one or two basically have two sides who can beat a lot of teams. Scary.

Whilst i don't fully agree with the OP's comments, the sentiments i do.

I've never known so many loyal supporters of City, so disullusioned with the Club as it is right now. More and more fans, good fans that have been following for years are just walking away.

It's not the manager, the team, the club individually, but as a whole. It's been brewing for the last couple of seasons.

I can put my finger on the time it went from positive to negative...when SL appointed KM as manager. I must stress i have no problem with KM, it's not his fault.

But going from Coppell, David James, World Cup football, New Stadium, Seen as Promotion hopefuls by the media to nothing and a Rookie manager almost overnight has made everyone punch drunk.

In hindsight... I personally feel that SL will regret making KM manager. A knee jerk reaction that will have many negative consequences to come imho.

In saying that...We played extremely well against Leeds and i have a feeling we are going to batter Hull next game. Hopefully the corner will be turned.

Whilst i don't fully agree with the OP's comments, the sentiments i do.

I've never known so many loyal supporters of City, so disullusioned with the Club as it is right now. More and more fans, good fans that have been following for years are just walking away.

It's not the manager, the team, the club individually, but as a whole. It's been brewing for the last couple of seasons.

I can put my finger on the time it went from positive to negative...when SL appointed KM as manager. I must stress i have no problem with KM, it's not his fault.

But going from Coppell, David James, World Cup football, New Stadium, Seen as Promotion hopefuls by the media to nothing and a Rookie manager almost overnight has made everyone punch drunk.

In hindsight... I personally feel that SL will regret making KM manager. A knee jerk reaction that will have many negative consequences to come imho.

In saying that...We played extremely well against Leeds and i have a feeling we are going to batter Hull next game. Hopefully the corner will be turned.

To be honest i think it started before that, much as it was great getting to the Pl final it was a bad thing in the long run, it made Gj believe he was the dogs danglies and he started trying to do things he really wasn't apable as a manager of doing, he's a great manager at building a team which far exceeds the sum of it's constituant parts, which in our first season ours did, but he had no idea how to manage the billy big bollocks players that you do need to have to succeed in this league, and when other managers worked out our style of play, he was easy to tactically outwit.

The biggest problem i think was that it made the fans, GJ and the players believe that they were a lot better than they actually are, we still have players that are living off that one season, Elliot should simply not be in our side, with the way the championship has moved forward i don't understand how you can hope to have a midfielder with the passing range of a wet fish, and takes more chances to get a goal than anyone since old Kevin Nugent, yet we play him as our attacking midfielder. Same goes for Skuse, although his passing is slightly better (not a huge amount mind)

In our first season we got to where we were with an incredible amount of hard work and at times a hefty slice of luck, but individually we were nowhere near the 4th best team in this league, but the whole club was pulling in one direction and as a whole we were the 4th best team in this league. However by the end of the second season the cracks were already there and getting bigger as we thought our players were good enough to play like a team of individuals and get anywhere, which they wernt. Then we desperately scrambled around to find players and ended up just signing any old shit and pissing our money up the wall.

With Hindsight Gj should have been sacked after the second season, however that would have been criminal at the time and i don't think anyone would have actually done that considering what he'd done, ( well except robbored :D ) But he should have gone a lot earlier than he did before he pissed all our money up the wall.

I don't blame GJ for the situation we are in now, much as i don't blame Millen, Coppel, or the board singularly, it's all of their faults, i'd have to put most on the doorstep of the board as they allowed GJ to piss the money away, they then pissed away more money on coppel and his signings, and then just gave Keith the Job as the cheap option, who has one of the worst squads i have seen for a long time, which he has improved in some ways but not in others, partly down to himself picking unrealistic targets thus missing out on the more realistic and decent targets available, and partly down to the board not backing him enough. (and i don't just mean by letting him buy players willy nilly, but by having the balls to front up the money to pay off the large number of players we have the clearly nobody wants to sign)

I would put it as Millen, Gj and Coppel combined can take a chunk of the blame for the mess we are in equally (they have all had a hand in our problems, but the board must take the majority of the blame as it's them who signed off on the huge amounts of money given to Johnson, and the large amount given to coppel in the form of wages and signing on fees, and then they've pulled the rug out from under Millen. If they are not going to back Millen and accept that as a new manager he's going to make mistakes and needs their financial backing. Appointing a rookie manager and cutting the purse strings was always a dumbass thing to do as it was always unlikely to work, if you want to do that you need a manager prooven at doing a good job at making what he has better and very, very few rookies are going to be able to do that.

Yet it only takes a moment of brilliance, or a simple goal, or a lucky win to make coming back a certain addiction.

Personally, I am still living off an Alan Walsh corker lord knows how many years ago.

The one I remember was a free kick at Ninian Park , the keeper got in the way of it and ended up in the back of the net with the ball!!

If you've supported CIty for 45 years, then you will know that we have been in a far worse position than this before. Where were you in 1980/81/82? Were you refusing to go then? You really should get a grip. We spent most of last season, after a disastrous staff, showing play-off form, and we've had a bad start to this season, so you give up. Feels pretty much as though you've wasted 45 years of your life mate. Never mind, you can always become a Manchester United supporter, after all, they usually win.

If you've supported CIty for 45 years, then you will know that we have been in a far worse position than this before. Where were you in 1980/81/82? Were you refusing to go then? You really should get a grip. We spent most of last season, after a disastrous staff, showing play-off form, and we've had a bad start to this season, so you give up. Feels pretty much as though you've wasted 45 years of your life mate. Never mind, you can always become a Manchester United supporter, after all, they usually win.

I dont think so, we had about a 10/12 game spell. Thats hardly most of last season

I don't agree with much of what you've said recently cje, but I do agree with this sentence.

You really can't just give up after 45 years, it does indeed make all the previous time, money, and emotional input seem a waste.

Redland, if it's in your blood, it won't go away, you'll be even more miserable abandoning Bristol City.

I can understand a trial separation, a cooling off period to recharge your batteries/enthusiasm, but to choose to stop dead supporting the club after so long?

I don't think it can be done - you say it will be hard, I think it may affect you even more than you anticipate.The club must be a big part of your life to have supported it man and boy, such that being a Bristol City supporter will be ingrained in your persona.

If you've really gone for good, fare thee well, you'll be missed at Ashton Gate.sad.gifcity.gif

We lost more at home (where most fans see us) last season under Teflon then the entire 5 year reign of johnson

And you wonder why so many want him out ?

Sorry, I was under the impression that you got the same points whether you were home or away. We lost 8 games at home last season, one of which was under Coppell and another three in the immediate aftermath of Coppell's departure. As I keep repeating ad nauseam, after the first 11 games of last season we took 54 points, which is nearly play-off form. I think most fans at the end of the season were expecting us to mount a play-off challenge this season, so please don't try to reinvent history just to be able to jump on the kiddies Millon Out bandwagon.

I love the way people are calling Millen 'Teflon'. Its so hilarious! Every time I see it I burst out laughing, it's so great!! Can i call him Teflon too? Really, can I?? Fantastic.

Sorry, I was under the impression that you got the same points whether you were home or away. We lost 8 games at home last season, one of which was under Coppell and another three in the immediate aftermath of Coppell's departure. As I keep repeating ad nauseam, after the first 11 games of last season we took 54 points, which is nearly play-off form. I think most fans at the end of the season were expecting us to mount a play-off challenge this season, so please don't try to reinvent history just to be able to jump on the kiddies Millon Out bandwagon.

I love the way people are calling Millen 'Teflon'. Its so hilarious! Every time I see it I burst out laughing, it's so great!! Can i call him Teflon too? Really, can I?? Fantastic.

I was under the impression a season was 46 games long. Why should we discount the first 11 ??

We lost 8 games at home last season, one of which was under Coppell and another three in the immediate aftermath of Coppell's departure.

I think most fans at the end of the season were expecting us to mount a play-off challenge this season

We lost 9 league games at home last season, 8 under KM.

We also lost 3-0 to S. Weds. at AG in the cup immediately before the 4-0 home hammering by Middlesbro'.

As for the poor home form immediately after Coppell's departure one reason for appointing KM was to keep a steady ship and more often than not a new manager oversees an upturn in form.

I don't know a single fan who expected a play off challenge this season.

Yea nothing is wrong at Ashton gate is it

No fAns calling for his head

No talk of protest

Best football on show since promotion

TeAm playing well

Board and manager on the same page

Largest crowds ever

You bury your head in the sand while the rest of us worry about the steep decline out club is going......... Clown

54 points from the last 35 games? Do the maths...

.......ok, i'll do that. How about 15 points from the last 15 games? can you do the maths on that to?

Judging by last seasons final league standings, we will just stay up this year on this form? the final league table the year before....were down.

Were only as good as the hear and now, and the hear and now....is dreadful. Have you seen anything that suggests we are going to improve?

Archived