IGNORED

Am I The Only One Who Finds This Strange...

petehinton

in the interview on the OS...

Keith added: "I'm not too worried about Hull to be honest, it's about our mindset and our attitude."

Not too worried about Hull? Am i reading too much into this when i think he must be going into this pretty relaxed and thinking it's going to be easy?! If he brings this mentality onto the players 'not to worry about the opposition' then how can they get motivated?!

Keith added: "I'm not too worried about Hull to be honest, it's about our mindset and our attitude."

Not too worried about Hull? Am i reading too much into this when i think he must be going into this pretty relaxed and thinking it's going to be easy?! If he brings this mentality onto the players 'not to worry about the opposition' then how can they get motivated?!

Give the bloke a break...............

All he's saying is that if you worry about Hull ( or any opposition) then that can detract from your own task which is to have the right mindset and attitude.

He'll have done his homework and will know all about them, don't worry about that.

All he's saying is that if you worry about Hull ( or any opposition) then that can detract from your own task which is to have the right mindset and attitude.

He'll have down his homework and will know all bout them, don't worry about that.

What a great motivational team-talk quote though.... FOR HULL!!!!

He's making their managers job a pretty easy one, all he has to do is quote Keith then say 'what are ya gonna do about that then lads?... Millen dont think we're up to much... go out and make him think again'.

Reminds me of what i read in the Standard this evening when Luke Young was comparing Neil Warnock to Gerard Houlier; he left Villa for QPR describing his year with Houlier as a nightmare.

When Houlier would give them the pre match pep talk he would tell them we had to do this and had to ensure we did that while remaining calm and patient... bit like a school teacher inclined to talk down to a pupil.. he hated that. What he wanted and what he now gets with Warnock is... 'Right lads i want you up and at em.'

Fairly simple, no detail, because, in my view, he was probably thinking or saying to them you are the players, you have the ability go out there and do the business... Exactly the approach required for a team that cannot rely on skill and is, on paper, no better than the opposition. Villa would have had a better team last year than QPR have this term, probably, but they still had to graft to win a match. Houlier was used to a team like Liverpool who could stroke the ball around knowing the class would eventually show and, invariably win the game.

The point... Perhaps Millen is trying to be too much a Houlier than a Warnock.. we need to have a gaffer who understands how to manage like a warnock not because we want to play direct football, we don't, but because we need to have a different mindset from the gaffer and clearly the players have, pretty much from day one, not been getting it. Motivation is one thing, dished out the wrong way and it actually becomes patronising and a right turn off. The game is at least 30% motivation.

I think what Keith is trying to say is, we're not worried about Hull because we know it's up to us to force the game at home and we're now (hopefully) concentrating on the way we play as opposed to picking a team to stop the opposition.

I think it's dawning on Keith that we need to attack at home and force the game. He's trying to do what we've all wanted so far this season. That's all. :)

Long time reader, first post. Agree with RR, the poor bloke is making the point that half the battle is getting your own house in order and motivated. I don't for a second think this suggests abrogation of his responsibility to research the opposition.

I fear there are too many glass half empty merchants that seek to find a negative angle in everything that is said by KM.

Does he really need to make the point that he has assessed the opposition and they have potential to be dangerous? I would argue no; as this statement will apply to all opposition every time we play.

In many respects it is a call to arms to his players, get yourselves up for it, and you can (will?) win regardless of opposition.

Engendering confidence is positive motivation instilling fear potentially destructive!

COYR

I think what Keith is trying to say is, we're not worried about Hull because we know it's up to us to force the game at home and we're now (hopefully) concentrating on the way we play as opposed to picking a team to stop the opposition.

I think it's dawning on Keith that we need to attack at home and force the game. He's trying to do what we've all wanted so far this season. That's all. :)

Crikey O'Reilly, if you are right then the man is a total and utter dimwit.

I think you are, therefore, incorrect in your analysis.

He'll have done his homework and will know all about them, don't worry about that.

I agree with this.

Nothing strange here. Move along.

Hmmm, in the same way he's been so tactically aware of every other side we have played or has it simply been let's defend to try and at least get something from each game at home? I was a strong supporter of KM at one stage and I'm sure he is a nice chap but I'm sorry, even you must now be able to see the inept nature of his management at City?

Come on Havana! Explain why Keith's comments make him stupid? I'm particularly confused..:surrender:

You said words to the effect it might just have dawned on millen that he needs to attack at home. and i said he must be a dimwit if he just figured that out which, in my opinion, he is not.

i trust that answers your question? I hope so cos if not i'll have to have another go later as i am off out for a while now and i maybe sometime.

i gotta get some food./... now i won't be doing it in a measured calm way with a lot of patience and telling the till girl she's got to be careful when she scans the food items. Instead I'll be up and at em and in and out like a flash to get the job done.

As KM says...His biggest worry is the players 'Mindset and Attitude'.

He obviously feels this has been our weakness and i tend to agree. We've lost games through too many individual errors and lapses in concentration. Whatever Hull throw at us, if that isn't right, we would lose regardless.

Tbh... I can see us really going for it tomorrow. He's got nothing to lose. Shit or bust.

As KM says...His biggest worry is the players 'Mindset and Attitude'.

He obviously feels this has been our weakness and i tend to agree. We've lost games through too many individual errors and lapses in concentration. Whatever Hull throw at us, if that isn't right, we would lose regardless.

Tbh... I can see us really going for it tomorrow. He's got nothing to lose. Shit or bust.

I'd say he has a great deal to lose and it's called his job..? Should we lose by two or three goals again and fail to score, the negative chants will be all too clear to us all!

I'd say he has a great deal to lose and it's called his job..? Should we lose by two or three goals again and fail to score, the negative chants will be all too clear to us all!

That's exactly what i meant. We have to win tomorrow, so he has to go for it. If we draw 0-0 or lose 0-1 is it going to be any different to losing 0-3 after such a bad start?

You said words to the effect it might just have dawned on millen that he needs to attack at home. and i said he must be a dimwit if he just figured that out which, in my opinion, he is not.

i trust that answers your question? I hope so cos if not i'll have to have another go later as i am off out for a while now and i maybe sometime.

i gotta get some food./... now i won't be doing it in a measured calm way with a lot of patience and telling the till girl she's got to be careful when she scans the food items. Instead I'll be up and at em and in and out like a flash to get the job done.

Being cautious isn't a sign of him being a dimwit. Naive perhaps but not stupid.

Archived