IGNORED

Only A Matter Of Time

harvey54

It's not good having to watch the demise of a manager. If it was a dog you'd put it out of its misery. The results are poor and the table doesn't lie. If the board had any ambition they would have sacked him a month ago so why wait any longer. Oh yes, I remember, he's cheap. But relegation would cost a hell of a lot more than Kief's wages to pay up.

Billy Davies.

Dave Jones

Sean O'Driscoll

Alan Curbishley

Come on down!!

CTID

harve x

It's not good having to watch the demise of a manager. If it was a dog you'd put it out of its misery. The results are poor and the table doesn't lie. If the board had any ambition they would have sacked him a month ago so why wait any longer. Oh yes, I remember, he's cheap. But relegation would cost a hell of a lot more than Kief's wages to pay up.

harve x

Every board in the country has ambition... they just don't have money to throw at it.

I think you've got to be slightly more realistic. It's not just the cost of getting rid of Keith is it... there's the cost of a new manager (and names you;ve mentioned will want more than Keith is on), + signing on fee, + fees if we take someone from another club, + changes to backroom staff... and nothing to guarentee avoiding relagation (or being any better off).

By thoughts on Millen aside... just like when we hired him, there is a lot more for the club to consider than what many fans would perceive as 'ambition'.

If any has-been like Jones or Davies is giving an inch of space at this club I will hand in my season ticket. We need someone who is going to give us progressive modern football, I was hoping that KM would have fresh new ideas when he started but if he has, he seems reluctant to apply them. I want someone for the future not a step back into the past.

It's the first time that I have posted on this subject for about 5 weeks when i said that he would go after the Brighton game. I've watched the club since 1966 and wasted more money than I would like to admit and feel entitled to an opinion.

IMHO Keith is a lovely bloke but he can't take us on to the next level, ie challenging for promotion. Whilst I accept we need stability we are in the bottom three consistently now,; if you enjoy that sort of stability then I hope you're happy.

And as for going and supporting my team as a loyal supporter, if we had 60,000 screaming fans there tomorrow night we would still be a poor tactically naive side with average, journey men pros.

If we don't win tomorrow, I think it's thank you and goodnight Mr Millen.

If there's to be a replacement manager, I can't see any of the named managers wanting to come to us, and to be honest, none of them appeal to me, as they have the charisma of a stale dog turd !

Also none of them would want to come with no money to spend, why tarnish their reputations ? I'm sure that's why Coppell bailed out.

There's an Italian bloke down the M4 who's started to get results, and would certainly give us a much needed lift, and also stir up interest once more, even though he is a grade one lunatic.

Would certainly get my vote right now, to take us to the end of the season........isn't it supposed to be entertainment after all ?

God forbid we do lose tomorrow and the club do decide that enough is enough, who would take the reigns?

David James is a name thats been banded about a few times and from reading interviews he is keen to make the step into management.

Of course this is all speculation and I do sincerely hope we get the 3 points we deserve tomorrow.

No no no, not another "let's see if he can do it" appointment, we need experience and respect for the manager!

let's be honest, the way the club is currently being run behind the scenes I would like to meet a manager willing to come in and turn us around.

If we win tomorrow will this cheer everyone up and keep the 'Millen Out' crowd at bay for a while?

As we all know Millen wont be sacked or resign, so the best bet is to get behind the team and prey the results change and we can start to climb the table,. what would be nice is if the board could say something along the lines of we are keeping millen, or we are not happy and there might be change if things dont improve. all this silence is quite scarey...

I'd like some honesty from the board and clarity on why they targeted promotion at the start of the season but seem to be happy with a spot in the relegation zone now?

I think a good season for City would be survival and the end of several "squad" players contracts, we are clearly going through a tough time off the field and leaking money like no ones business.

I guess the big question is what's more expensive, relegation or a new manager, I am sure the board have done their sums and if we keep on losing we shall find out soon!

I guess the big question is what's more expensive, relegation or a new manager, I am sure the board have done their sums and if we keep on losing we shall find out soon!

The problem is, it's not either/or!

• We could avoid relegation with Keith (despite the vitriol on here)
  • We could go down with a new manager - for one of many examples take the blue few

The problem is, it's not either/or!

• We could avoid relegation with Keith (despite the vitriol on here)
  • We could go down with a new manager - for one of many examples take the blue few

I have seen nothing this season that would give the impression that we could avoid relegation, we are awful and it can't get much worse, surely even the mist avid of Millen fans must realise that one goal at home and 2nd bottom isn't good enough.

If any has-been like Jones or Davies is giving an inch of space at this club I will hand in my season ticket. We need someone who is going to give us progressive modern football, I was hoping that KM would have fresh new ideas when he started but if he has, he seems reluctant to apply them. I want someone for the future not a step back into the past.

Who's top of your list?

I'm not advocating the sacking of Keith Millen, but if he were to go, I'd like us to try and get Roberto Di Matteo.

That is a great shout. If Millen were to go I think he would be a great appointment. All depends if he likes his current coaching role or is looking to get back into management. I thought his sacking from WBA was harsh.

Archived