IGNORED

Bristol City Gorilla Being Sold Off Thursday(Thats Tonight)

Never to the dark side

I guess the city gorilla will be worth considerably less than most because it is lacking effort and overpaid. And should have been sold for 15 grand in the summer.

Sack Millen, sack the board!

I'm glad he's been sold, I heard he refused to come on as a sub on Tuesday night.

So who bought it?

Lets hope that it was Jon Lansdown or at least someone representing the club. It would be a great shame if Alfred is not displayed somewhere around AG and then AV when we move. The spot outside the club shop was the perfect place. I think most of us would like to see him back.

Lets hope that it was Jon Lansdown or at least someone representing the club. It would be a great shame if Alfred is not displayed somewhere around AG and then AV when we move. The spot outside the club shop was the perfect place. I think most of us would like to see him back.

I hear that Jon Lansdown was there last night but was only willing to go to £6k. The City Gorilla was sold to a Nottingham Forest fan. A great shame.

Jon L tweeted last night "Alfred sold for 7,000, lets hope he's found a good home" so I'm guessing that would suggest that it wasn't him that bought it? Will the new owner please step forward! :innocent06:

I hear that Jon Lansdown was there last night but was only willing to go to £6k. The City Gorilla was sold to a Nottingham Forest fan. A great shame.

The club made a statement declaring they wernt going to bid for Alfred.

I cant get my head round the obscene amounts of money we pay for players wages (some who arent even on the bench) but they wouldnt bid/pay more for what attracted massive national intrest. :disapointed2se:

The club made a statement declaring they wernt going to bid for Alfred.

I cant get my head round the obscene amounts of money we pay for players wages (some who arent even on the bench) but they wouldnt bid/pay more for what attracted massive national intrest. :disapointed2se:

I must have missed that.

Missed PR opportunity by the club imo. Things are pretty gloomy around the whole club at the moment and something like Alfred which attracted a lot of attention would have put some smiles back on the faces of some fans. It would also have belied the image that all the club are interested in is taking money from the fans. A gesture of putting something back would have been well received.

Shame, particularly if Alfred has gone to another football club.

I must have missed that.

Missed PR opportunity by the club imo. Things are pretty gloomy around the whole club at the moment and something like Alfred which attracted a lot of attention would have put some smiles back on the faces of some fans. It would also have belied the image that all the club are interested in is taking money from the fans. A gesture of putting something back would have been well received.

Shame, particularly if Alfred has gone to another football club.

It was on a previous thread mate. A forum member had written to the club and they dismissed the idea. Considering the money went to charity and the PR I just find it amazing 7k is "peanuts" really. :whistle2:

But then the club seem to be doing everything they can to alieanate supporters any way they can :bruce_h4h:

It was on a previous thread mate. A forum member had written to the club and they dismissed the idea. Considering the money went to charity and the PR I just find it amazing 7k is "peanuts" really. :whistle2:

But then the club seem to be doing everything they can to alieanate supporters any way they can :bruce_h4h:

bunch of assholes

..... if you pay peanuts you only get monkeys! :farmer:

Club shouldve made a proper bid (few well paid peeps clubbing together)... real shame we missed out.

Would've been the signing of the season if we'd got him... (prob end up making a late bid to get him in on loan knowing our lot... ;) )

Archived