IGNORED

Fm12

Sydneybcfc

Came 1st in my second season in npc with 100 points with city. Drafted in a bit of quality to help me for what's going to be a tough season! My team going into 1st pl game:

Joe Lewis

Ribs Zat Knight Scott Dann Brian Easton

Dan Gosling

Ki Sung-Yong

Gabriel Obertan Kevin Lejuene

Franco di santo/Sam Vokes Pablo Mouche/Maynard

I have just started with Bristol City. I have offloaded:

• Carey,
  • Clarkson,
  • McAllister,
  • Johnson,
  • Hunt,
  • Holloway,
  • Campbell-Ryce.
This increased my wage budget a fair bit!

I have brought in:
  • Jamie Proctor (Preston, £150k)
  • Defouneso (Villa, Season-Long Loan)
  • Jordi-Gomez (Wigan, Season-Long Loan)
  • Danny Rose (Spurs, Season-Long Loan)
  • Stephen Jordan (Free)

After 10 league games, I am top of the table, having won 9 and drawn 1! I am also in the fourth round of the League Cup.

Maynard has been in top form for me so far having scored 8 league goals in 9 games. Defouneso has been poop, scoring 0 in 4 games.

An update on how i'm doing so far! In my first season I finished 2nd in the Championship, threw away a 10 point lead! I have also completed a season in the Premier League where I managed to finish 8th. I brought in Maxi Lopez, Tulio De Melo, Jermaine Jenas, Keiran Richardson, De Laet, Naughton, Almunia, Albrighton and Dani Benitez from Udinese (who was awesome). Boyata also came in on loan and was very good.

My team was brilliant against sides who were lower in the table but if it came to playing a team like Man Utd away I would get thrashed. This meant I ended on a negative goal difference.

I am now assembling a squad for my third season and have been allocated a budget of £16 million. However, I am struggling to find decent players who are interested in signing for me so have resorted to raiding the free transfer market.

I have brought in:

• Stephen Warnock (free)
  • Titus Bramble!!!! (free)
  • John Fleck (Free)
  • David Ospina (Free)
  • Falque (£1 million)
  • Mohamed Sissoko (Season-Long loan)

Just got promoted to the prem. Was 1st in the league for ages then lost on the final game of the season and finished 3rd. Walked the playoffs however beating Southampton 7-1 on aggregate in the semis and Leicester 4-0 in the final. Signed Kyle Walker for 3.3 mil (bargain). Can anyone reccomend a decent left winger, looking to spend under 5mil for 4* or 3.5* if they have good potential.

I managed to get Adam Johnson in on loan with a future fee of 3m, great bit of business he is fantastic and in the England squad,

Hargreaves has stayed fit and been a great signing for me as well as bendtner from Arsenal on loan,

Finished second season in 9th with a FA Cup final apperance although i lost to Norwich 4-3 so missed out on europe,

anyway I'm on a skyrim enforced break now

Just got promoted to the prem. Was 1st in the league for ages then lost on the final game of the season and finished 3rd. Walked the playoffs however beating Southampton 7-1 on aggregate in the semis and Leicester 4-0 in the final. Signed Kyle Walker for 3.3 mil (bargain). Can anyone reccomend a decent left winger, looking to spend under 5mil for 4* or 3.5* if they have good potential.

I signed Andrea Orlandi on season long loan in the Championship, then bought him when I got promoted to the prem. I started my Prem season and the fans were "delighted" with the signing, though I cant remember his stats.

Iv had to start again from Prem pre-season as I got sacked in the prem, so signed him again and hes doing well in pre-season. Only cost me 200k

Championship he made 35 appearences, 1 goal 9 assists and 7.04 average rating. Can also play M R/L/C and AML/R

Not having the time I've gone for something abit slower paced - Linfield.

Playing 451 with the wide players set to inside forwards. Roughly half way through the season, top the league on a 7 game winning run. Plenty of money to sign free youngsters but can't see any success ever in Rurope. The aim is to get champions league group games.

Once you reach the champions league group stages once you've pretty much nailed it.

on FM11 my best game was with Helsingin Jalkopalloklubi of Finland. As soon as you fluke entrance once you get a lovely £8m cheque which should shoot you up a completely different level financially, making it easier every year.

I haven't bought FM12 yet as I'm still hooked by my Finnish game, I regularly get to the knock out stages of the champions league each year. As soon as I finally win the thing I'll buy FM12!

Easily saved Boston United from relegation in the end and only finished 4 points off the pray offs after a run of 12 wins on the trot.

But it came at a cost, had to get new players in on £250 - £350pw and ended up £150k in debt but the board are ok with that and offered me a new contract.

Using this as a testing ground before I start my BCFC game, morale is huge in FM12 as is fitness and confusing the AI by changing things around each game.

And BCFC got to the FA Cup SF where they lost 4-0 to Wolves and finished mid table in the Championship......Keef has the Reading job now. :laughcont:

BCAGFC

My game aint been work for two weeks now

everytime i try to load it get a steam message saying this game is currently unavailable, please try again later

any ideas?

What you need to do on steam is as follows right click the football manager 2012 game on your stead then on the menu click "view downloadable content" next on the menu tabs at the top of this new window click local files, followed by "verify integrity of game cache"

My Dorchester team managed to stay up in L2 thanks to Jamil Adams goals scored over 25 in all 3 seasons he's been at the club. But the main reason for my post was has anyone else had any weird loan signings?, as with dorch I still can't attract anyone! Except young released players. But my feeder club are Newcastle and they just offered me Steven Taylor on loan and he accepted it?! So I tried getting some more of there fringe players and they accepted too. I've also seen le fondre and tabb go to eastlegh (readings feeder team) so thought I would post to see if it helps as when I put in the search realistic targets all I get is BSP players!

This year I've struggled to get into a game.. But finally I think I'm into it after a big swag today!

Restarted as city stripped the club from top to bottem, got rid of all the staff and also released a lot of youth players who were all 1 star! I then started work on my first team

Transfers out

David James- Blackburn 140k

Dean gerkin- west brom 350k

Louis Carey- Brighton 240k

Campbell ryce- derby 190k

Jon stead- Peterborough 625k

Marvin elliott- qpr 700k

Lee Johnson- Sheffield wed 200k

Martyn woolford- southampton 240k

Jamie mcallister- Peterborough 130k

David Clarkson- Peterborough 210k

NIcky hunt- Sheffield wed 220k

Damian Stewart- Kilmarnock loan

This brought in 3.2m giving me about 2m to spend on players and also lower the wage budget! I also sent a few youngsters out on loan (holloway,Edwards etc. all the usual suspects) and sent McGivern back!

My transfers in

GK

Ben Amos- man utd- loan( been quality so far)

Mahamadou sidibe- free transfer( good stats and a good experienced back up 32 years old)

DL

Brian Easton- burnley 500k( been really good so far has good atributes for an attacking full back but also a pretty handy defender)

DC

Shane Duffy- season long loan loan(quality ball winning cb only 19 but has performed well, get him attacking the back post at corners has 4 goals in 7 for me)

ML

Salomon olembe-free transfer( so far so good 6 assists in 7)

Milan lalkovic- Chelsea 3 Month loan( havnt really used him much, Chelsea are my feeder team and wanted to send for whole season but I had no more room for long term loans)

MC

Ross Barkley- everton 3 month loan( only just come back of international duty but played well in his first game, could only have him on 3 month loan due to long term loan restrictions)

Teko modise- sundowns 200k( probably the pick of my signings got fantastic stats... I'd reccommend him if your looking for an advance playmaker and he gets a work permit! He's scored 3 and got 4 assists)

ST

Curtis Allen- colleraine ( only signed him as I met his brother on holiday last year but he's actually quite a decent poacher, ideal for the last 5 mins if you need a goal, scored 2 in 4 sub appearances for me)

Bradley wright Phillips charlton 1m ( he was meant to be my marquee signing but he's yet to score although due to me only playing one upfront he's had. Quite a limited opportunity! Hoping for an improvement soon)

That's all my signings, spent 1.9m and so far 2nd in the league after 7 games scoring 21 goals and conceding only 3 won 6 drew 1!

My team at the moment is...

Gk: Amos

Dr: spence

Dl: Easton

Dcr: Duffy

Dcl: fontaine

Dmc: cisse

Mc: Kilkenny

Ml: olembe

Amr: Adomah

Amc: modise

St: Maynard

Subs: sidibe,skuse,Barkley,wright Phillips, pitman

Res: Wilson,nyatanga,ribeiro,bolasie,lalkovic,allen

Play a fluid and attacking 4-2-3-1 with short passing! Working well At the moment Maynard has 10 already this season!

I think I'm officially hooked for another year!!!

Just finished my first season finished 2nd although was leading for most of the season only to go on a run of only winning 1 game in 5 finished second behind West Ham!

I've Just built my Premier League Squad..Started by seling Stewart and Wright Phillips and sending some youngsters out on loan. Only had 14m to spend but managed to build a half decent Squad bringing in 12 players!

TRANSFERS IN

GK- had no goalkeepers at all so needed to sign 3

Alex Smithes - Huddersfield (900k)... 1st choice and should be good for a long time yet.

Ben Amos - Man Utd (season long loan)... 2nd choice was excellent for me in the championship easy choice and low wages

Laurentiu Branescu - Juventus (1m)... Youngster with excellent potential should battle smithes for number 1 in the next few seasons

DR

giulio Donati- Free Transfer released from inter Milan... Got excellent Potential already decent Stats, should be a good battle for the rb spot

DL

Asier Del Horno- Free Transfer... Solid and established Lb and a free transfer

DC

Kamil Zayette- Bursaspor (1.8m)... Solid defender and can also cover Cisse in the anchorman role

Shane Duffy- Everton (2.7m)... Had him onn loan for the whole of my championship season and he was outstanding and scored 8 goals although will be 2nd choice this season

Mike Williamson- newcastle (2.5m)... Was looking for a comanding cb to complement Zayette and he is quality in the Air, 1st choice ahead off Duffy at the moment

MC

Jordy Clasie- Feynoord (2.4m)... Needed someone to fit into my system that was a box-to-box midfielder, he fits the bill perfectly also young with lots of potential.

AMC

Marcelinho- Xanthi (500k)... excellent playmaker stats and can play in any attacking Midfield role

ML

Martin Zeman- S.Prague (500k)... Amazing Young left winger and cheap... loads of potential, should be a star this season.

ST

Yaya Sanogo-Man City (loan)... who hasnt heard of him hoping he can get the goals to keep me up.

Jorge Molina-betis (1.4m)... Backup at the moemnt as i only play one upfront but hes another club in the bag excellent target man!

Ive decided to stick with my guns and try and play attacking football still, but more on the counter attack, started off playing the same way i started last season

GK-SMITHIES AMOS/BRANESCU

DR-DONATI RIBIERO

DL-DEL HORNO EASTON

DCR- WILLIAMSON DUFFY

DCL- ZAYETTE FONTAINE

DM- CISSE SKUSE

CM- CLASIE KILKENNY

AMR- ADOMAH

AMC- MARCELINHO MODISE

AML- ZEMAN OLEMBE

ST- SANOGO MOLINA/MAYNARD/PITMAN

Wish me luck i think im gonna need it!

Now in fifth season with city

1st - 2nd in championship (promoted). Following that i finished 10th, 8th and 6th in prem ( so squeaked into UEFA Cup)

15 games into 5th season and im joint top at the minute, dont think it will last but champs league would be awesome. Got 25m i cant spend as cannot quite attract the world class players needed to improve squad. hopefully champs league fotie would change that and i could aim at spemding the lot on a proper worldy.

playing 442

GK - Ten Stegen / Ben Foster . Joe Lewis did cracking job for 3 seasons i only sold him as this German guy is world class

DR - Romario / Ribs. QUality young brazilian from Victoria signed very early. Ribs is last remaining city player

DL - Bertrand / Haidara. Bertrand fell out of favour at chelsea and is pretty good. The other guy is decent young french cover. Brian Easton served me well for early seasons but got found out near top half of prem.

DC - Zayatte / Delaet / Regenerated player / random loan. De laet and Zayatte are both class. Brought them in 1st season in prem and have gone strength to strength. Tend to only have 3 proper CBs signed and get another on loan so they dont get annoyed about lack of games

MR - Salvio / Tae-Hee. Salvio is decent but gets injured a lot. The other fella is south korean and decent cover but is a bit of an ivan sproule. all gas no class

ML - Adam Johnson/ Kishna - Johnson was marquee signing in season 2 on last day of transfer window he put in a transfer request at man city. Kisna is a retrained young dtriker from somewhere in holland picked up on a free. Soon to take johnsons spot probably

MC (defensive) - Crisetig / Raul GArcia on loan. Crisetig is class got him onm a free after release from Inter, He is now captain

MC (playmaker) - Fleck / Regenerated player. 'The Scottish wayne rooney' is now fully converted to a MC. Would like to strenghten with a genuine world class player if i can get champions league. Missed out on Mateo Kavecic from Dinamo who would have been amazing. he went to Benfica

ST - Sanogo / Niang / Fierro / couple of loans. Sanogo and Fierro where picked up for peanuts and have both developed great into 4 star players with scope to keep improving. Slammed my entire 3rd season budget on Niang (15m ouch!) to add firepower but as he was so young should coceivably get 10 seasons out of him.

Haven't played for a few weeks because of the sheer amount of essays I've had due in but am having a quick stint today having re-read this thread

The mighty Duisburg are going strong and sit second in the German second division behind Hoffenheim (Still have Ryan Babel amongst others)

I had a complete over haul of the side in the summer as quite frankly my side were shite. The current starting line up looks like this

Joe Lewis

AFB: Amaral

CB: Friedich

CB: Loovens/Reiche

AFB: Subasic

DW: Gusev

B2B: Sukalo

B2B: Appiah/ Castillo

DW: Boskovic/ Jiayi

P: Canales/Lita (Yes that's right, Leroy!!)

P:Juiliano/Domovchiyski

Over-lapping full backs and balls in behind the centre half are the way forward. My defensive wingers tuck in (How very GJ) and pick the runs from a little deeper whilst the midfield pushes into the box.

Gonna be tough to win the league with bloody Hoffenheim in the division, HSV were also relegated (:surrender:) but are struggling near the foot of the table.

I plan to take Duisburg up and get them near European qualification before finding a bigger club. Be a shame to leave them but it's a career save for a reason right!?!?

What does everyone play mentality wise (defensive/standard/control/counter/attacking/overload)?.

Lower down with Boston I have it spot on but higher up it takes a bit of working out.

Just started a BCFC game and going with the original squad with no additions, see how far I can get.

BCAGFC

What does everyone play mentality wise (defensive/standard/control/counter/attacking/overload)?.

Lower down with Boston I have it spot on but higher up it takes a bit of working out.

Just started a BCFC game and going with the original squad with no additions, see how far I can get.

BCAGFC

I play using control. When it works the football is sublime, one touch intricate passing.

I have had most success playing with Counter or standard in the past, but nowadays I like to dominate..

• Admin

Always play with control.

After winning promotion & the FA Cup in my first season, my 2nd has gone pretty well. Not sure entirely where I finished, think it was 7th in the end but won the Community Shield on pens & the Europa League/Cup. I also reached the final of the league cup & the semi-final of the FA Cup, losing to Man City on both occasions.

Entering the 3rd season now with this squad:

Gk: Asmir Begovic, Joe Lewis

CB: Gary Cahill, Ryan Shawcross, Réver, Ryhor Filipenka

RB: Diego Renan, Kyle Walker, Christian Ribeiro

LB: Martin Olsson, Diego Renan, Gaëtan Bussmann

DCM: Kara, Casemiro

CM: Rasmus Elm, Albin Ekdal, Fabian Delph

AMR/L: Adam Johnson, Younès Belhanda, Harem Ben Arfa, Billy Ketkeo

SC: Papiss Cissé, Pablo Mouche, Nicky Maynard, Esmael Gonçalves

This last pre-season, there wasn't a lot of players willing to join me that would have improved my starting 11 so i have picked up 9 players between the ages of 16 & 19 that look like they could develop into 1st teamers in the future, with one of the 16 year olds looking ready now!

This last pre-season, there wasn't a lot of players willing to join me that would have improved my starting 11 so i have picked up 9 players between the ages of 16 & 19 that look like they could develop into 1st teamers in the future, with one of the 16 year olds looking ready now!

When I get to that stage I generally blow the entire budget on one player. There is usually a beauty of a regen available somewhere!

Archived