IGNORED

Fm12

Sydneybcfc

Thanks

Albert really has been one of my stand out players.

I think im going to struggle in the prem. All my coaches and physios are out of contract and due to my wage budget I cant offer them enough to keep them!

I need to find a goalscorer, Maynard hasnt been prolific enough and cant see it improving, probably my tactics :\

Anyone suggest a decent striker that will score goals in the prem and come to City?

Mouche is quality! I think he'd still do a job in the prem.

Had an excellent pre-season with City in my game, apart from a 0-4 at Arsenal - but I still made 165 k out of playing them so was worth it!

When the season began City were very inconsistent. I tried to get them playing the ball nicely on the deck in a fluid 4-1-3-2 formation but it just wasn't working. Against lesser teams we were dominating and not finishing them off, and against stronger teams we couldn't work the ball into dangerous areas and got caught on the counter. I now employ a more direct style of play in either a 442 or attacking 451.

Current Line up:

GK James

LB A. Drury (Norwich £300,000)

CB M. Pascali (Can't remember, £250,000)

CB Either Fontaine or Wilson - though Wilson's inexperience often leads to soft goals.

RB Carey or Spence (occasionally Drury) - Carey is the more solid option but lacks pace, Spence has an abundance of pace but is very naive positionally.

LW Robert Pires (yes, that one.) - Great free signing, scores in almost every game despite being very slow!

CM D. Obua (loan from Hearts) - great player

CM C. Skuse or M. Elliot

RW Adomah

ST Maynard

ST Pitman

I'll post later with my transfers in full, put it this way the current squad I have is much better than what I started with!

Thanks bcfcbs20. Am just downlaoding the demo now so will order it on-line later if it turns out to be as addictive as it usually is. Can you play as anyone in the demos now, or does it restrict the leagues?

I dont know I got the game new but I would of thought they would give you most if not all the leauges for you too try before you buy.

I dont know I got the game new but I would of thought they would give you most if not all the leauges for you too try before you buy.

Thanks. Only 30% downloaded so far, so am pondering on my team selection. Might try it with City at first. A few posts on here that have got me in the mood for that particular challenge. :D Premier League here we come!

Good progress with Worksop.

We beat Maidenhead in the cup :o And then got through to the 4th QF round of the FA Cup by beating Dunkirk, we have drawn Darlington at home which should bring in the fans for some nice ££, we will probably be knocked out but then I thought that in the 2nd round.

We are unbeaten in 8 in the league and sit in 3rd, top spot belongs to Frickley though who have W11 D1.

Good progress with Worksop.

We beat Maidenhead in the cup :o And then got through to the 4th QF round of the FA Cup by beating Dunkirk, we have drawn Darlington at home which should bring in the fans for some nice ££, we will probably be knocked out but then I thought that in the 2nd round.

We are unbeaten in 8 in the league and sit in 3rd, top spot belongs to Frickley though who have W11 D1.

BC1992 love how your doing the same as me! And your beasting it by the sounds of it!

Im currently managing Clevedon Town and the season's about to start!

Pre season as follows:

Yorkshire Amateurs (A) - 2-4 (W)

Guernsey (A) - 0-1 (W)

Southampton (H) - 0-3 (L) 0-0 until the 83rd minute! And earnt 20k!

Check out Attennborrow! 16 finishing! and only 20 odd!

:englandsmile4wf::winner_third_h4h:

Well here is my prem results

City 1-3 Sunderland

Man utd 3-0 city

City 3-1 Brighton cup

Arsenal 8-5 city

City 2-3 Newcastle

City 4-1 Norwich

Fulham 2-2 city

Been tough going so far but the arsenal game....... Wow I was 4-0 down at half time and pulled it back to 4-4 in 12 second half minutes

You made a mastake of getting rid of Carey and Maynard, Nicky netted me 30 goals in the season and carey is invalueable as captain and as a CB he was the most consistant over the course of a season,

Yes, almost kept hold of Maynard, but £2.3m was a lot of money which will come in handy for strengthening other areas of the squad, and Pitman/Stead/Clarkson I'm happy enough with for now, though will look to add a forth when i can.

Using Fontaine as captain for now, which half the squad seem really happy about.

Jlloyd is on a free and is a decent left back, I'd also go for James Ness on loan from Rangers CM and Jake Livermore from Spurs they should plug and Centre midfield gaps you may have, You will also need to look for another keeper,

Thanks for tips, will get my scouts on them. Currently got Devlin on trial for 3rd string GK project, saw him at release trials initially.

I changed my mid season goals to promotion as I was top at the time. It improved my available budget and higher profile players were interested but the left mid who I was trying to sign wasn't interested anymore! He's called Buttner and he's Dutch. Anyone else had something like this happen?

I have just started with Bristol City. I have offloaded:

• Carey,
  • Clarkson,
  • McAllister,
  • Johnson,
  • Hunt,
  • Holloway,
  • Campbell-Ryce.
This increased my wage budget a fair bit!

I have brought in:
  • Jamie Proctor (Preston, £150k)
  • Defouneso (Villa, Season-Long Loan)
  • Jordi-Gomez (Wigan, Season-Long Loan)
  • Danny Rose (Spurs, Season-Long Loan)
  • Stephen Jordan (Free)

After 10 league games, I am top of the table, having won 9 and drawn 1! I am also in the fourth round of the League Cup.

Maynard has been in top form for me so far having scored 8 league goals in 9 games. Defouneso has been poop, scoring 0 in 4 games.

I have just started with Bristol City. I have offloaded:

• Carey,
  • Clarkson,
  • McAllister,
  • Johnson,
  • Hunt,
  • Holloway,
  • Campbell-Ryce.
This increased my wage budget a fair bit!

I have brought in:
  • Jamie Proctor (Preston, £150k)
  • Defouneso (Villa, Season-Long Loan)
  • Jordi-Gomez (Wigan, Season-Long Loan)
  • Danny Rose (Spurs, Season-Long Loan)
  • Stephen Jordan (Free)

After 10 league games, I am top of the table, having won 9 and drawn 1! I am also in the fourth round of the League Cup.

Maynard has been in top form for me so far having scored 8 league goals in 9 games. Defouneso has been poop, scoring 0 in 4 games.

Been great for me in the prem, scored quite 14 in 22 for me and Villa want to buy him back.

Strong finish to the season saw me finish mid table, safety was all that mattered after the original 6 game losing streak and poorly assembled squad of my predecessor.

My board however shat all over my plans of investment in the side after knocking a third of my wage budget out and taking the £1m I had accumulated in player sales at the end of the season. This mean I had to have a fire sale of pretty much anything I could get rid of and reduce my squad to nothing. I got a million for a talented Norwegian who wasn't ready to make an impact yet, shame as I wanted to start bringing him in to the side this season.

I put the free transfer market to good use with Peterborough's Joe Lewis, ex German international Arne Freidich, former Villa wide man Branko Boskovich and Russia legend Rolan Gusev being the pick of my acquisitions. I've also brought in former Wolves and Everton holding player Segundu Castillo and Lery Lita on loan.

The season started well enough with a scrappy 1-1 draw away at Rostock I stuffed Dresden 4-0 and Union Berlin 4-1. It might be difficult to win the league though with huge bundesliga sides Hoffenheim and HSV having been relegated... But we're gonna have a go anyway!

Archived