IGNORED

Derek Mcinnes

westonred

indeed appears to be the stand out candidate to me.

Why??

VAST difference to the standard of football in Scotland than here. Remember Owen Coyle struggled in his first season at Burnley! Thats the last thing we want in the position we're in! :o

it's a bad move appointing him,but knowing this club we will,got a history of appointing bad managers

Based on what?.

Out of BCFC's modern day most successful managers.

Fred Ford - Was coach at the gas when appointed, had never manged before.

Alan Dicks - Had no managerial experience at all.

Terry Cooper - Had just been sacked by the gas.

GJ had had success but quite modest really.

Why??

VAST difference to the standard of football in Scotland than here. Remember Owen Coyle struggled in his first season at Burnley! Thats the last thing we want in the position we're in! :o

We all have a preferred choice and he is mine. I take your point about standard of football, however he has taken a very unfashionable club with an average of 3,200 fans and has done a great job. He is probably the only major candidate who so far dosen't have at least one failure on his CV, young, hungry with new ideas, not old tired and staid in his ideas.

IMO.

Based on what?.

Using factual evidence to support an argument is never a good idea on here EMB.

You are sure to be shot down in flames by the experts on here who justify their personal opinion by typing FACT at the end of the post.

P.S. A conference manager cannot be included in such an auspicous list FACT!

Using factual evidence to support an argument is never a good idea on here EMB.

You are sure to be shot down in flames by the experts on here who justify their personal opinion by typing FACT at the end of the post.

P.S. A conference manager cannot be included in such an auspicous list FACT!

Unfortunately many fans have short memories and also delusions of grandeur.

Based on what?.

Blimey, with that in mind...

Welcome to Ashton Gate................................DAVE PENNEY

Why??

Liar.

He took over when Burnley had ammased 21 points from 15 games and were in 13th place. He finished the season with 62 points and in 13th place. To me that doesn't sound as though he "struggled"? Infact, he maintained the status quo, before then taking them up the following season. Oh, and he also transformed the way the club played football and did away with the ugly football employed under Steve Cotterell.

No experience at this level, the championship is different to the Micky mouse football they play in Scotland.Dave Jones is the man for me knows the league inside out got the connections and you never know he might take us one step further Than he did with Cardiff

Also failed at Southampton and Wolves and had the habit of bringing in overpaid, over the hill egotists (sound familiar) who still could not propel Cardiff to the promised land, all the candidates have their pro's and cons or skeletons in the cupboard.

Why??

It's a difficult position to be in as a fan, your new manager is an unknown quantity wherever they were before and whatever their track record, our experience of Steve Coppell should demonstrate that fact.

However, there are some attributes that are critical to success and should be demonstrable in a candidate

1. Passion

2. Man Management Capability

3. Football Nouce

4. Ability to produce results without a superstar team or a billionaires budget

Take another look at Derek McInnes

have a scour on youtube and watch him in the dug-out and after the game in post match interviews and listen to him talk about his team.

He is not our only option but he looks qualified to me

Here's hoping

We all have a preferred choice and he is mine. I take your point about standard of football, however he has taken a very unfashionable club with an average of 3,200 fans and has done a great job. He is probably the only major candidate who so far dosen't have at least one failure on his CV, young, hungry with new ideas, not old tired and staid in his ideas.

IMO.

I agree with this 100% Esmond.

Liar.

He took over when Burnley had ammased 21 points from 15 games and were in 13th place. He finished the season with 62 points and in 13th place. To me that doesn't sound as though he "struggled"? Infact, he maintained the status quo, before then taking them up the following season. Oh, and he also transformed the way the club played football and did away with the ugly football employed under Steve Cotterell.

Exactly. Struggled my ass.

Appears you did not vote for him though? In fact cannot see who you voted for.

To be honest 1) Biding my time to see who came out of the woodwork 2) unfortunately it's not an election 3) I could'nt be bothered. As for my first point I wonder how many have changed their view in the past week?, which sort of makes the poll worthless.

Perhaps a new poll is needed, now we know more?.

Still very much leaves us upon to approach them if we want though. And that story contradicts the Evening Post who seemed pretty sure at the weekend McInnes had been interviewed.

If it's true, then with Cotterill and Robins being courted by Forest it just leaves Dave Jones. Maybe he's the one?

If you've interviewed McInnes without seeking permission, the Saints chairman will make things very hard. He's a man that's easy to negotiate with, if you don't get on his wrong side. He's been chairman at Saints since 1986 and is very old school, believing there is a right and wrong way to do things in business and football. Having the courtesy to approach a club about speaking to their manager ranks pretty high on his list of must dos.

Brentford got on the wrong side of him in the summer when McInnes was linked with there and that effectively killed any chance they had of appointing him.

If you've interviewed McInnes without seeking permission, the Saints chairman will make things very hard. He's a man that's easy to negotiate with, if you don't get on his wrong side. He's been chairman at Saints since 1986 and is very old school, believing there is a right and wrong way to do things in business and football. Having the courtesy to approach a club about speaking to their manager ranks pretty high on his list of must dos.

Brentford got on the wrong side of him in the summer when McInnes was linked with there and that effectively killed any chance they had of appointing him.

I really hope we've gone about this the right way Saintee. Would be a pretty disappointing start for our new board if they are going behind your chairman's back

Any news from your end, other than the report that says there has been no approach? I'm hoping that this is incorrect......any crumb of comfort will do right now mate!

To be honest 1) Biding my time to see who came out of the woodwork 2) unfortunately it's not an election 3) I could'nt be bothered. As for my first point I wonder how many have changed their view in the past week?, which sort of makes the poll worthless.

Perhaps a new poll is needed, now we know more?.

You can change your vote or remove it whenever you want as I thought you had; i seem to recall you having been a voter before?

I would be dumbfounded if our board have not got about this the right way. And doing it the right way is not, with respect, the old school; we hear far more about underhand ways of doing things because it is news worthy.

Archived