IGNORED

Derek Mcinnes

westonred

Why would their chairman lie though?? so to speak?

Geoff Browns interview with that paper may well have happened days ago,the courier is not the most desirable rag,but just published now,things could well have changed since then :whistle2:

You do know that there is nothing on the official St Johnstone website about "no approach" why not ye must ask.

Geoff Browns interview with that paper may well have happened days ago,the courier is not the most desirable rag,but just published now,things could well have changed since then :whistle2:

You do know that there is nothing on the official St Johnstone website about "no approach" why not ye must ask.

Broadband issues?

Opinions and rumours eh? I'm equally certain he HAS NOT been interviewed. We'll see

If i heard of Mcinnes interview through the usual rumour mill i wouldnt even be on here posting to be honest,theres enough bull posted on forums,quite right that you have your opinion,im not here to argue only pass on what i know,i like the fans on here wish this saga to come to an end one way or another.yes we will see.

I wouldn't get to excited at what Bob has posted. Saints fans are well known for posting things as fact. As we are a small town team most people like to think they know all the goings on at the club.

I'd be more inclined to believe Geoff Brown than a guise on an internet forum

I think the board are waiting for Steve Lansdown to return from his African Holiday on Friday before aproaching SJFC about any compensation for Del Boy. As our major benefactor he would need to be involved in these discussions so fingers x'd it will all start tomorrow.. :fingerscrossed:

I think the board are waiting for Steve Lansdown to return from his African Holiday on Friday before aproaching SJFC about any compensation for Del Boy. As our major benefactor he would need to be involved in these discussions so fingers x'd it will all start tomorrow.. :fingerscrossed:

:laugh:!! There's a hell of a lot of assumptions there based on nothing. No doubt there will be a dedicated thread based on it soon, and I'll start getting the texts about this rumour from a great source...

Geoff Brown has to deny that City have interviewed McInnes. He is still employing him as manager of St Johnstone, and wants to continue to employ him in that role if McInnes doesn't get the City job. Think about it, how would we feel if a current City manager was being interviewed for the Newcastle job, then didn't get it. Their stock would fall like a lead balloon with the fans and we would probably want rid of them for someone more committed to our cause. This is the position Geoff Brown has at St Johnstone; therefore it is better to deny any interview has been conducted. He will only admit McInnes has been interviewed if we give him the job of manager and pay adequate compo.

To back this up further, it is interesting what is NOT being said by Bristol City. They have not denied that they have interviewed McInnes. Surely, with all this speculation, and the damage it can cause in destabllising a club, Geoff Brown would have asked Sexstone to categorically deny that they have any interest in his manager. But no such statement has been made. It could easily be made if they did have no interest. It will also most probably be made if McInnes doesn't make the final two; Sexstone will then state that City have had no interest at all in McInnes, to smooth things over at the St Johnstone end. The fact no statement of this kind has been made firmly convinces me that McInnes is a strong favourite for the post.

The reason I think mcInnes is still in the running is that the man himself has not come out and denied it. If you read what Geoff Brown says he seems to be quite careful not to say "Del is not going to Bristol City". Maybe I'm just seeing what I want to see because I'd love to see us take a risk on him, but the longer there is no outright denial of our interest in him, the more it looks like he's our number 1 choice

Geoff Brown has to deny that City have interviewed McInnes. He is still employing him as manager of St Johnstone, and wants to continue to employ him in that role if McInnes doesn't get the City job. Think about it, how would we feel if a current City manager was being interviewed for the Newcastle job, then didn't get it. Their stock would fall like a lead balloon with the fans and we would probably want rid of them for someone more committed to our cause. This is the position Geoff Brown has at St Johnstone; therefore it is better to deny any interview has been conducted. He will only admit McInnes has been interviewed if we give him the job of manager and pay adequate compo.

To back this up further, it is interesting what is NOT being said by Bristol City. They have not denied that they have interviewed McInnes. Surely, with all this speculation, and the damage it can cause in destabllising a club, Geoff Brown would have asked Sexstone to categorically deny that they have any interest in his manager. But no such statement has been made. It could easily be made if they did have no interest. It will also most probably be made if McInnes doesn't make the final two; Sexstone will then state that City have had no interest at all in McInnes, to smooth things over at the St Johnstone end. The fact no statement of this kind has been made firmly convinces me that McInnes is a strong favourite for the post.

Spot on hands..excellent post..

The quote from Brown, was very clear.. no official request, which they (ie bcfc) would have to do to appoint DI....

Seems clear to me that unofficial talks had taken place..

Everything Sexstone said today about the attributes of the two remaining candidates fitted Derek McInnes. Championship managerial experience was not mentioned in these attributes. The interviews of the two remaining candidates will take place early next week. Surely this is to allow McInnes to manage St Johnstone this weekend, the club he is still manager of until such time as City appoint him our new boss. I mean, it won't look good if he's not on the touchline overseeing his charges in action because he's 400 miles away in Bristol pleading to be given the job here. If he doesn't get it, then the fans and players of St Johnstone would lose a lot of faith in his desire and commitment to them etc. Until we decide we want him, we have to play ball with him and his club. Thus the crucial second interviews will be conducted early next week. If both the final two candidates were unemployed, they could take place tomorrow or over the weekend....unless we have another great candidate who wants to take a holiday first.

I wouldn't get to excited at what Bob has posted. Saints fans are well known for posting things as fact. As we are a small town team most people like to think they know all the goings on at the club.

I'd be more inclined to believe Geoff Brown than a guise on an internet forum

Bookmarked thank you very much,not saying hes getting the job,just that he has been interviewed,i only post what i know to be fact,i dont claim to know other goings on at the club and its probably best not to either.

Bookmarked thank you very much,not saying hes getting the job,just that he has been interviewed,i only post what i know to be fact,i dont claim to know other goings on at the club and its probably best not to either.

let me ask you Bob... how is the probable demolition of one of your stands gonna affect the atmosphere? And, when the council pays you to rebuild it will it likely be of similar roof line or capacity?

let me ask you Bob... how is the probable demolition of one of your stands gonna affect the atmosphere? And, when the council pays you to rebuild it will it likely be of similar roof line or capacity?

:laughcont: Nasty , but im all honesty and i dont think it matters a jot to st.johnstone as they cant fill 1 stand with a team playin great football so taking one away really wont make much difrence

Spot on mate.

Neither club would reveal their hand yet and jeopardise a deal. From what others have said, especially with regard to Coyle"s career, Geoff Brown is sound but St Johnstone will want a good screw to make up for losing McInnes.

Mcinnes is impressive. Just the sort of abrasive energetic Scotsman to get our players performing. He's "progressive" with it as well according to Coyle.

Plus let's face it, a manager, OR EVEN A TV PUNDIT, with a scot's accent still commands respect in England, even when we think they're talking b**locks.

Spot on mate.

Neither club would reveal their hand yet and jeopardise a deal. From what others have said, especially with regard to Coyle"s career, Geoff Brown is sound but St Johnstone will want a good screw to make up for losing McInnes.

Mcinnes is impressive. Just the sort of abrasive energetic Scotsman to get our players performing. He's "progressive" with it as well according to Coyle.

Plus let's face it, a manager, OR EVEN A TV PUNDIT, with a scot's accent still commands respect in England, even when we think they're talking b**locks.

Top post Buddy and made I larf.

Spot on mate.

Now who could you be talking about :laughcont:

In all honesty the atmosphere at Mcd park is dire at the best of times just now,we even struggle to fill the grounds when up against the old firm,its shocking,the north stand (the one due for demolition) is reserved for away fans,seems at the mo all sorts of plans are getting banded about,i think if the home fans have their own way a small standing terracing with a similar roof height would be satisfactory or high wheelchair access terracing for disabled fans,theres talk of the away fans getting moved into part of the east stand (our main home end) which will only anger season tic holders who have held their seats for many years,then there is the ormond stand,which in the good old days was mainly used as the family stand,this mainly remains empty throughout the season,i would rather the stand stays but for financial reasons its going to benefit Saints in the long term,why they need to demolish a stand and build a bloody road so close to the stadium still baffles me.

In all honesty the atmosphere at Mcd park is dire at the best of times just now,we even struggle to fill the grounds when up against the old firm,its shocking,the north stand (the one due for demolition) is reserved for away fans,seems at the mo all sorts of plans are getting banded about,i think if the home fans have their own way a small standing terracing with a similar roof height would be satisfactory or high wheelchair access terracing for disabled fans,theres talk of the away fans getting moved into part of the east stand (our main home end) which will only anger season tic holders who have held their seats for many years,then there is the ormond stand,which in the good old days was mainly used as the family stand,this mainly remains empty throughout the season,i would rather the stand stays but for financial reasons its going to benefit Saints in the long term,why they need to demolish a stand and build a bloody road so close to the stadium still baffles me.

Cheers for that Bob. yes the proximity baffled me somewhat as well; perhaps due to other land, nearby, being green belt or zoned for other use perhaps.

Archived