IGNORED

Derek Mcinnes

westonred

If you've interviewed McInnes without seeking permission, the Saints chairman will make things very hard. He's a man that's easy to negotiate with, if you don't get on his wrong side. He's been chairman at Saints since 1986 and is very old school, believing there is a right and wrong way to do things in business and football. Having the courtesy to approach a club about speaking to their manager ranks pretty high on his list of must dos.

Brentford got on the wrong side of him in the summer when McInnes was linked with there and that effectively killed any chance they had of appointing him.

I really hope we've gone about this the right way Saintee. Would be a pretty disappointing start for our new board if they are going behind your chairman's back

Any news from your end, other than the report that says there has been no approach? I'm hoping that this is incorrect......any crumb of comfort will do right now mate!

If you've interviewed McInnes without seeking permission, the Saints chairman will make things very hard. He's a man that's easy to negotiate with, if you don't get on his wrong side. He's been chairman at Saints since 1986 and is very old school, believing there is a right and wrong way to do things in business and football. Having the courtesy to approach a club about speaking to their manager ranks pretty high on his list of must dos.

Brentford got on the wrong side of him in the summer when McInnes was linked with there and that effectively killed any chance they had of appointing him.

It would be incredible if we had not approached your chairman first for permission to speak to McInnes.

Apart from anything we have no need to do something so stupid as we have time on our side with the international break.

I'd be surprised if our chairman felt the need to try and cover anything up, so suspect if he says there's been no approach, there hasn't been one. McInnes is ambitious and certainly wouldn't be surprised (if he's interested in the post) if an agent has been open to conversation with Bristol City but would doubt McInnes himself has spoken seriously with your men without the permission of Geoff Brown. The media up here usually aren't slow in finding out a story but really anything we've heard or read has been taken from stuff already published down south. Would think it strange that, what, a week into this, Saints haven't heard from Bristol City, if you are serious about speaking to him.

Way I see it now, he's been someone your board have maybe considered, an agent has been approached, leaked it out for his clients benefit (to raise his profile) but your board have gone down a different route. Would just seem strange that it'd take you so long to make an approach for him if seriously interested. Just wonder if in your current position, the board haven't quite felt it's a risk worth taking. Burnley and Coyle are an obvious comparison but they were mid-table at the time and could maybe afford to be that bit braver, Bristol City can't really afford to make the wrong appointment.

New fella here from the sunny delights of Perth Scotland,just wanting to throw some fuel on the speculation for you,Geoff Brown may be correct in what he says that no approach has been made for the St Johnstone management from Bristol City,that does not mean that Mcinnes is out of the running,infact quite the opposite,he has been interviewed,until your board make up their minds of the final choices no approach regarding possible compensation will be made.

New fella here from the sunny delights of Perth Scotland,just wanting to throw some fuel on the speculation for you,Geoff Brown may be correct in what he says that no approach has been made for the St Johnstone management from Bristol City,that does not mean that Mcinnes is out of the running,infact quite the opposite,he has been interviewed,until your board make up their minds of the final choices no approach regarding possible compensation will be made.

Thanks Bob can i ask what your opinions of him are ? Most people seem to think he's a up and coming young manager who is a good man manager and motivator of players which is what we need here.

What is your source for this statement?.

Thanks Bob can i ask what your opinions of him are ? Most people seem to think he's a up and coming young manager who is a good man manager and motivator of players which is what we need here.

Im most probably repeating what others have already said about him but here goes,If Mcinnes gets the job he will bring in his no.2 Docherty,in this pairing you will get a good no nonsense management pairing who will get the best out of what players you have at the club,they have a history of working within a very low wage structure and this is where their motivation skills kick in,bringing players to Perth likes of Dubbery and Morris shows what kind of respect they are given throughout the game,as you know Mcinnes enjoyed part of his playing career down south so hopefully the knowledge gained from that will stand him in good stead if he gets the job,tactical wise they are both still a bit raw in some areas but are very quick to change things within a game if its not working,both like to try and have the team playing attacking football when possible but again are quick to revert if things arent going the right way,on that note,if he gets the job he will probably entice Sandanza our Spanish striker to join him in january,a brilliant addition to our squad who will be sorely missed

All in all i agree with others,an up and coming manager who has plenty of ambition who WILL do a good job for Bristol city and get the best out of the players who are there at present,as per any job he will have a few teething problems as he tweaks the squad,but the end result will be you not be relegated and fingers crossed plying towards the play off positions.

A little footnote is,he is very very interested in the position of Bristol city manager !!!

This is not me rumor mungering,please bookmark my posts,i cant reveal my sources or all that crap at the moment put please take my word for it,he may not even get the job but he HAS been interviewed

I hope you're right bob.

Would you hazzard a guess how your client Mr McInnes thought the interview went?

So, you are his agent then? Good personal reference anyway. Thanks for the info.

I hope you're right bob.

Would you hazzard a guess how your client Mr McInnes thought the interview went?

:laugh: wish i was his agent surely i would be in for a good payoff !!

I have no idea how the interview went either,from a St johnstone fans prospective hopefully not good,but if he is successful i wish him all the best,i have to wonder apart from his no.2 who else would he try to take to Bristol with him,its a big step up for anybody from Perth to you,in my opinion the championship is of a very good standard and miles ahead of the SPL,i dont know what the money situation is like at your club but Mcinnes is used to working with a threadbare budget including a very low wage structure,your club would would/should give him a bit more flexability.

Hmmm . . . all this talk of low wage budgets - I can see City's board loving the sound of that.

But if McInnes comes here he's in for some jaw-dropping moments when he sees the size of the wage bill and the money being paid to players who are nowhere near the first team.

And most of them are going to be on our hands until next summer, whoever takes over as boss.

Alright lads just wondering what you think of Derek Mciness becoming your new gaffer, as a Rangers man I want to wish him all the best.

He's my favourite for the job, i hope he's appointed he sounds like just the sort of guy we need to sort us out and get us climbing up that league again

He's my favourite for the job, i hope he's appointed he sounds like just the sort of guy we need to sort us out and get us climbing up that league again

He would be an amazing catch for you guys, he was rumoured to be in line to have some form of role under ally at Ibrox but wants to be his own man, for whats it worth he would be 100xs the manager jones or robins would be and he would command respect.

Remember you are getting a champions league experienced ex pro with plenty contacts in the game and well respected.

I'd say quite a few fans are concerned about him having no experience of managing in the Championship but a growing number like what they are hearing about McInnes.

Personally I'll now be disappointed if it's not him. Sounds like he'll have a fresh and energetic approach.

This is an interesting and further view from the saints forum:-

I seem to remember Burnley supposedly hadn't interviewed Coyle before approaching Saints for permission to interview him after they'd interviewed him. I would expect if City ever do ask for permission to speak to Del the deals already done.

If he did come it would be advantageous if Docherty could be negotiated as well; seems to me together they are more than the sum total.

It's certainly something when you have fans of the current team and rivals acknowledging that he is such a good manager.

Seems to have a good eye for a player - hopefully something can be sorted,

If Ranger Robin is still in this thread I'll wager he'd be happy for McInnes to be a possible manager of the Ibrox faithful one day as well.

Mind you, if he takes us up and the Rangers hot seat becomes available what would he choose at that moment?

Agreed that's possible, but that'd probably happen if like you said he got us up, let alone survive the relegation battle!

Maybe the Spanish striker could come as part of the deal and they can have Clarkson.

From what others have commented on his man-management skills every City player will have a clean slate and it'll be like a squad of new signings.

This is not me rumor mungering,please bookmark my posts,i cant reveal my sources or all that crap at the moment put please take my word for it,he may not even get the job but he HAS been interviewed

Opinions and rumours eh? I'm equally certain he HAS NOT been interviewed. We'll see

Archived