IGNORED

Embarrassed

Bris Red

Hit the nail firmly on the head, that is the exact emotion I feel when reading how many of our fans would accept that inbred little gas cretin at our club. Embarrassment. Complete and utter embarrassment. Maybe I'm being narrow minded and immature, but I don't care. The day it is acceptable for someone of that level of gas to be welcomed into Ashton Gate is the day I seriously ask myself what is the point of supporting and caring about this Football Club.

Agree with this. Holloway was and is the numero 1 gas head, and should be treated as such. I am in utter disbeleif that any City fan could even bear to think of that 'died in the wool' gas ba5tard having anything to do with our club! He's Mr gas FFS!!!

We need a cup derby against those low lifes for some supporters to understand what a derby is IMHO. Would they accept a CIty legend as Manager? No chance!!

Im so angry by the City fans wanting Hollaway,that im gonna change and become a Saggy

Yeah, Mr G. Of course you are!

The day that ****t walks into Ashton Gate (god forbid) is the day the club should be shut down because it's heart has left!!

Because he once played for Bristol Rovers FC.

Fk me dead, that's an issue 20 years later is it?

And he is a scheming lying rat bag, look at his history with other clubs. And his record isn't great, as I have posted on another thread, far more failures than success. ANy chairman looking at his record would be well advised to steer clear. Grotesque little man

What are the other incidents?

Scheming and angling to get away form clubs he was at. He did it with two clubs when trying to get to leicester, for christ sdake he evn got put on gardening leave by one club. Arogant lying arsewipe, who any self respecting chairman would do well to avoid. he is a very lucky man he ever got the Blackpool job. And even luckier that he got them up.

I think you'll find we are talking in the present tense ie, he HAS rather than he 'won't'

No therapy required my friend, just keep that good for nothing, sn*t gobbling, lower than a snakes belly, blue and white quartered dirty little sag away from our club and I'll be happy as a dog with two dicks!!! innocent06.gif

I think you will find I wasn't talking in present tense actually, hence why I said "He won't", as in "He won't come here".

The rest of what you said is quite funny though.

OP - get over yourself. Have you really got the energy to hate someone so much after all this time?

Holloway is nothing more than a pantomime villian now. He happens to be a nice bloke with a lovely family doing a great job earning a crust. If he comes here then there will be plenty of ironic booing etc, but we'll crack on and hope he's successful.

Holloway and success - yes please.

Some other bloke and mediocrity - no thanks.

There would also be a lot of non ironic booing.

Sadly this thread just about sums our fans up. Holloway may not be my favourite person but he would sort this club out for sure and for that i would welcome him here.

Sadly this thread just about sums our fans up. Holloway may not be my favourite person but he would sort this club out for sure and for that i would welcome him here.

A fraction of our fans. Many completely concur with you.

You'll always going to get the ones who speak for effect :flex: because in some confused demented way they think it makes them more of a City fan to hate a ex rovers player/manager. When the fact of the matter is it got nothing to do with football or the present time.

A fraction of our fans. Many completely concur with you.

You'll always going to get the ones who speak for effect :flex: because in some confused demented way they think it makes them more of a City fan to hate a ex rovers player/manager. When the fact of the matter is it got nothing to do with football or the present time.

You may be right, and yes I do hate the guy, and I do Have a long memory, But what worries me most is his records at other clubs.

I just don't understand how people think he is a good choice of manager, he has more failures than successes, And has a awful record of leaving clubs in the brown stuff!!! So why people would contemplate him being a good manger amazes me, then add his connections to Rovers, his hatred to city, and the way he talks to city fans even now., then I think you have your answer to why he should not come anywhere near our club.

I was ashamed with the results of the poll. What some people don't seem to understand is he's not just someone who happened to play for the gas he's 'Mr Gashead.' Grew up supporting them and hating us and this carried on into his playing and managerial career. He is their idol and our enemy. Gas scum in the truest sense of the phrase. If he was ever welcomed into this football club than as others have said, what's the point in even caring about football? Have some pride in the badge.

what kind of scum would want a good manager down at the gate, what kind of scum would still hold a grudge thats happened more than 20 years ago.. Hang 'em all!

Not sure your age CiderArmy and don't want to sound patronising.....

I am of an age that I remember. I am not scum. I am a season ticket holder, and bar Tinnions reign, have been since the Eighties.

I went to Twerton Park that fateful night, when the third division title was ours to lose.

I lived through the "Blue Holloway" years, and no matter how you mature, things still rankle.. His gesticulating, his open top bus rant, Enough.

Glory hunters change their allegances, but not people who support their home town teams. Not me, not you, not Holloway.

I didn't watch Match of the day at all last season, I couldn't stomach that man on my TV.

Terry Cooper, Brian Williams, Keith Curle, Tim Carter, all made the change to RED and were accepted at Ashton Gate (I'm sure there may be more).

But, when it comes to that man, as the Rev Ian Paisley once said, never, never, NEVER!!

Again, As a season ticket holder, I will support my team. Robins, Jones, O Driscoll, McInnes, or whoever will get my support.

Call me what you will. But I am not Scum. I am Red. Bristol City Red.

Not sure your age CiderArmy and don't want to sound patronising.....

I am of an age that I remember. I am not scum. I am a season ticket holder, and bar Tinnions reign, have been since the Eighties.

I went to Twerton Park that fateful night, when the third division title was ours to lose.

I lived through the "Blue Holloway" years, and no matter how you mature, things still rankle.. His gesticulating, his open top bus rant, Enough.

Glory hunters change their allegances, but not people who support their home town teams. Not me, not you, not Holloway.

I didn't watch Match of the day at all last season, I couldn't stomach that man on my TV.

Terry Cooper, Brian Williams, Keith Curle, Tim Carter, all made the change to RED and were accepted at Ashton Gate (I'm sure there may be more).

But, when it comes to that man, as the Rev Ian Paisley once said, never, never, NEVER!!

Again, As a season ticket holder, I will support my team. Robins, Jones, O Driscoll, McInnes, or whoever will get my support.

Call me what you will. But I am not Scum. I am Red. Bristol City Red.

[/quote

Talk about over the top ffs.

Don't think he will be coming here, much too risky for all parties.

But, if he did...I think the majority of supporters will still turn up to support the team he picks, which in time will be more of a force than our current bunch of wasters. We go to support the team and cheer them on, not the manager, apart from the occasional....Give us a wave chant when we're winning, so that hasn't happened much recently.

If people vow never to set foot in Ashton Gate again, while he's in charge...that's their choice and we must respect them for it, just let the rest of us get on with supporting our team, whoever is at the helm. Maybe one day in the not too distant future, you may wish to join our happy family again when we're at Ashton Vale in our nice new sparkly stadium, with a strong Championship team, building for a push to the promised land.

In the meantime....what will you be doing on Saturday afternoons, it won't be the same will it??????? It's in the blood!

Anyway, don't think it will come to that, as I've said, I can't really see him coming here, but it would have been 'interesting'.

Peter Aitken should never be forgotten when talking about ex Gas who have done service at AG.

It may well be OTT,

But to think some forum users want that man in charge at Bristol City beggars belief!

Maybe it's an age thing.

I dont think age is relevant to it.

I am 31 years old - I think if he applied he may do quite well for us and I'd welcome him as manager.

Now I am a relative youngster.

My grandfather is many, many years my senior. He is strongly Bristol City but in the 1950s used to go down to Eastville on a saturday and watch Rovers when City were away.

So maybe there is tolerance in younger and older and not this childish dislike of a guy because he played for Bristol Rovers FC.

To think some people would not want a man to manage our club because he once played for Rovers.

Absolutely, utterly fking ridiculous.

My cousin is marrying a guy that is a season ticket holder at Rovers.

Should she not marry him because of that??

I spend family get togethers laughing at his team (he is also now laughing at us but still....) - I don't get some people on here, I really don't.

Holloway may not be the best candidate, then he shouldn't get it if he did apply - but if he didn't get it because of who he played for or managed before - then fking hell, we are all thick.

I was ashamed with the results of the poll. What some people don't seem to understand is he's not just someone who happened to play for the gas he's 'Mr Gashead.' Grew up supporting them and hating us and this carried on into his playing and managerial career. He is their idol and our enemy. Gas scum in the truest sense of the phrase. If he was ever welcomed into this football club than as others have said, what's the point in even caring about football? Have some pride in the badge.

Exactly this, Hollowhead is their idol shouldn't be welcomed at The Gate ever!!!

Archived