IGNORED

Embarrassed

Bris Red

Well said. How anyone can accuse you of 'being over the top' is beyond me. It's called passion. Passion makes you do stupid things. Stupid things like wasting good money after bad following a team that in your heart of hearts you know will probably never achieve anything. Stupid things like having an irrational hatred of somebody purely because he supports/played for/managed another team. And yes, in the real world hating somebody for such a stupid reason is pathetic. But it isn't the real world. It's football. If you take the passion out then what is the point of supporting this club? We may as well all go and 'support' Manchester United. Even if Holloway did have the managerial ability that some on the forum think he had I still wouldn't want him anywhere near my club. The fact he is horribly overrated and built up by the media purely because of his unintelligent, yet apparently funny?, rants makes the point even more bewildering.

at last we're getting some sense on this board. Those who would like Holloway at the club clearly know nothing about i) City and ii) Football.

If they knew about City, they'd know why he was a no from the off, they'd remember just what May 2nd meant, and remember just how it was in those days. You don't forget something like that, let alone forgive.

If they knew anything about football they'd also consider that aside from a very credible promotion with Blackpool, the guy really hasn't a history that impresses in the hot seat: didn't do anything at the gas, average at QPR, shafted Plymouth and failed at Leicester. The fact that he's good for a half-witted quote apparently makes him a great manager in the eyes of some, they're clearly as nuts as him in that case. The guys not even a good ambassador for briz, he a gap mouthed caricature simpleton who makes us look like a city of carrot crunching loons.

I don't understand why the Holloway lovers don't just swap allegiances to Rovers and leave city for the real fans.

at last we're getting some sense on this board. Those who would like Holloway at the club clearly know nothing about i) City and ii) Football.

If they knew about City, they'd know why he was a no from the off, they'd remember just what May 2nd meant, and remember just how it was in those days. You don't forget something like that, let alone forgive.

If they knew anything about football they'd also consider that aside from a very credible promotion with Blackpool, the guy really hasn't a history that impresses in the hot seat: didn't do anything at the gas, average at QPR, shafted Plymouth and failed at Leicester. The fact that he's good for a half-witted quote apparently makes him a great manager in the eyes of some, they're clearly as nuts as him in that case. The guys not even a good ambassador for briz, he a gap mouthed caricature simpleton who makes us look like a city of carrot crunching loons.

I don't understand why the Holloway lovers don't just swap allegiances to Rovers and leave city for the real fans.

As I've said, for me there shouldn't be a debate on whether he should ever be City manager. The answer is just no. As for whether he is a good manager... hmm.

Rovers- Built they're best team for years, but then choked on getting promotion.

QPR- Well he got them out of League 1, but it was more us stuffing it up after our long winning run that gifted them promotion. And my god it hurt.

Plymouth- Average enough, then acted like a massive c***. Surprising as that sounds from such a nice man...

Leicester- Just plain awful.

Blackpool- Worked wonders, first in getting them up and then not embarassing themselves in the Premier League. Built a team based on team spirit and one brilliant player. Well done to him.

Who else is embarrassed and sickened by the support that scum bag Holloway is getting by some of our fans on here?

If i wasn't disenchanted enough by Ciy at the moment this really has made me think. Shame on any of you that want him as city manager, ******* shame on you!

Well he sure as hell aint my choice for manager, but lets be honest, hes pretty bloody successful....and he'd sort the shower of shit players we currently have.

And he is a proud Bristolian...wether you like it or him or not......

Like I said though not my choice.....

Well said. How anyone can accuse you of 'being over the top' is beyond me. It's called passion. Passion makes you do stupid things. Stupid things like wasting good money after bad following a team that in your heart of hearts you know will probably never achieve anything. Stupid things like having an irrational hatred of somebody purely because he supports/played for/managed another team. And yes, in the real world hating somebody for such a stupid reason is pathetic. But it isn't the real world. It's football. If you take the passion out then what is the point of supporting this club? We may as well all go and 'support' Manchester United. Even if Holloway did have the managerial ability that some on the forum think he had I still wouldn't want him anywhere near my club. The fact he is horribly overrated and built up by the media purely because of his unintelligent, yet apparently funny?, rants makes the point even more bewildering.

Being passionate doesn't mean you have to be a complete ****.

ITS A ******* GAME!!!!!

Jesus Christ, i simply can't understand how anyone can actually hate someone just because they are Rovers through and through, what the hell does it matter? Unless you have actually met him then i don't understand how you can comment on him as a person ? I've only met him very briefly when i was a lot younger as his kids went to the same place as my little sister for speech therapy or something like that, but both my parents have met him properly and he is a genuinely decent bloke, and this would have been 15 odd years ago at least.

If i genuinely believed he was the best man for the job then i would be more than happy to have him here, as it happens i dont, but just because he's a rovers fan i don't think i could actually bring myself to hate him, frankly i'm not 4, sadly it appears that a lot of people are struggling to get beyond the mental age of a toddler :disapointed2se:

ITS A ******* GAME!!!!!

Jesus Christ, i simply can't understand how anyone can actually hate someone just because they are Rovers through and through, what the hell does it matter? Unless you have actually met him then i don't understand how you can comment on him as a person ? I've only met him very briefly when i was a lot younger as his kids went to the same place as my little sister for speech therapy or something like that, but both my parents have met him properly and he is a genuinely decent bloke, and this would have been 15 odd years ago at least.

If i genuinely believed he was the best man for the job then i would be more than happy to have him here, as it happens i dont, but just because he's a rovers fan i don't think i could actually bring myself to hate him, frankly i'm not 4, sadly it appears that a lot of people are struggling to get beyond the mental age of a toddler :disapointed2se:

He is a Dick, trust me met him 3 times between the age of 12 and 14, each time he spoke to me, as a child like a potty mouthed arse because i was a city fan. My dad nearly decked him as he didn't like people swearing front of me. Then I met him a few months ago, he is still a nasty barsteward, just sneaky about it and does it out of earshot of people.

Utter scum bag, people say he has mellowed, my arse, he is still a complete tosspot when it comes to Bristol City and City fans.

His reputation was hard earned and he isn't gonna give it up lightly!

ITS A ******* GAME!!!!!

Genuinely surprised how it was even possible to miss my point quite as spectacularly as you have done. So well done for that. I'd described the hatred as 'irrational', so quite why you felt the need to then say what you have is beyond me. If Football doesn't make you experience and feel things that you never would in the cold light of day then we differ, that doesn't actually mean I'm four years old or have 'the mental age of a toddler'.

For what it is worth no I have never met him, and to be honest I'm genuinely quite interested as to what he is like in real life. You and a few others have said he is a nice fella, whereas many others have said he is a complete and utter tosser. Due to growing up in Kingswood I do know a fair few people that have met him (City fans, Rovers fans and neutrals) and most do tend to say he is a c***.

Its all irrelevant. He isn't going to be City's next manager and most likely, never will!!

Some of the shite on this thread is hilarious - quite amusing to read just how spectacularly OTT some people are when it comes to their "feelings" about Holloway. You'll give yourselves a stroke or something harboring such irrational hatred!!! I can literally see the blood vessels popping in your heads every time somebody says they wouldn't mind him as City manager!!! biggrin.gif

I'll bet you've all said and sung far worse things about him than he has personally said about you.

Oh and I love the comments like "I have met him and he is nasty"!! Those are especially funny.

I myself have met him 7 times, 4 times he was nice, 2 times he was a bit busy and the other time he was a little bit mean. I guess it depends what mood you catch him in biggrin.gif

Not sure your age CiderArmy and don't want to sound patronising.....

I am of an age that I remember. I am not scum. I am a season ticket holder, and bar Tinnions reign, have been since the Eighties.

I went to Twerton Park that fateful night, when the third division title was ours to lose.

I lived through the "Blue Holloway" years, and no matter how you mature, things still rankle.. His gesticulating, his open top bus rant, Enough.

Glory hunters change their allegances, but not people who support their home town teams. Not me, not you, not Holloway.

I didn't watch Match of the day at all last season, I couldn't stomach that man on my TV.

Terry Cooper, Brian Williams, Keith Curle, Tim Carter, all made the change to RED and were accepted at Ashton Gate (I'm sure there may be more).

But, when it comes to that man, as the Rev Ian Paisley once said, never, never, NEVER!!

Again, As a season ticket holder, I will support my team. Robins, Jones, O Driscoll, McInnes, or whoever will get my support.

Call me what you will. But I am not Scum. I am Red. Bristol City Red.

Great response ! Holloway to me is everything i hate about the sag, to even contemplate or place a tick in the yes box is beyond me. Those who lived through the holloway playing era will know what we had to put up with, the scars are very deep. No way, not now, not never ! :ranting:

Archived