IGNORED

Hope Im Wrong

Mr Gow

Just got the strongest feeling deep down that it wont be Del,i will give reasons

1 The club lacks ambition,always had

2 The owner of BCFC wants Robins

3 Robins will be cheaper,will work with anyone including a owner who likes to poke his nose in ie the Steve Coppell affair

4 Del will cost compo,plus he will want his own staff brought down with him

Anyone else feel the same???

I get the same feeling, Sexstone implied in one of his first interviews that they only wanted a Manager, not a management team.

Reading between the lines of some rumours i get the feeling that this is a big part of the interview brief, hence no Jones etc.

It will be gutting to see managers in the frame for this job go onto build teams at places like Forest and Pompey.

Hope i`m wrong.

Just got the strongest feeling deep down that it wont be Del,i will give reasons

3 Robins will be cheaper,will work with anyone including a owner who likes to poke his nose in ie the Steve Coppell affair

Yeah, but surely these things will have been sorted before he was asked down? Certainly issues such as staff and compo; they'd have discussed this with his agent, if not the man himself, before he was officially invited down. Wouldn't they?! Knowing the way Lansdown likes to keep stuff private, I'm sure that Del is currently 1st choice and if that changes it'll be because he doesn't want it for personal reasons

I get the same feeling, Sexstone implied in one of his first interviews that they only wanted a Manager, not a management team.

Reading between the lines of some rumours i get the feeling that this is a big part of the interview brief, hence no Jones etc.

It will be gutting to see managers in the frame for this job go onto build teams at places like Forest and Pompey.

Hope i`m wrong.

He also said the new man could bring somebody in if they wanted and that money was not a barrier to getting the man they wanted. Glass half full or half empty?

He also said the new man could bring somebody in if they wanted and that money was not a barrier to getting the man they wanted. Glass half full or half empty?

If it isnt money that has put off some of the "bigger" names, what else could it be?

Money is always a factor, and saying that money is no object is just smoke and mirrors from the board.

Man city = money no object

Chealse 5 years ago = money no object

Eto going to some russian club in a 10k stadium = money no object.

Final two of Delboy and Robins tells a different story.

Hope i`m wrong.

I think that Sexton's remarks were aimed at the Dave Jones style of turning up with an entourage of back room staff, from assistant manager to physios and dietitians. I really don't think that City will baulk at McInnes wanting to bring in his own assistant. However, they may want him to find a role for Wiggers until his contract ends, rather than face having to pay him off too?

Nope sorry mate i dont feel the same:

1) Rubbish BCFC show a lot of ambition the ground is an example of that however there are too many negative people in the West country who try and stop the club progressing at all costs.

2) This is pure press specualtion has SL publically come out and said he wants Robins NO and he wont so we have to take that as a load of bolux

3) Robins was on a Championship managers wage which must be more than SJFC were paying McInnes. Even paying out the compo McInnes will probably be on less wages than Robins, so over the 3 years of the contract Mcinnes would work out cheaper.

How do you know that Robins will work with anyone ? Didn't he resign from his last post because he couldnt work with his chairman ?

4) The next manager Robins or McInnes would need to bring their own backroon staff we have had the same coaches at BS3 for years and need a big shake up

If it isnt money that has put off some of the "bigger" names, what else could it be?

Money is always a factor, and saying that money is no object is just smoke and mirrors from the board.

Man city = money no object

Chealse 5 years ago = money no object

Eto going to some russian club in a 10k stadium = money no object.

Final two of Delboy and Robins tells a different story.

Only if you assume that the most expensive person is always the best person. I inclined to think that the banking crisis puts paid to that assumption. :innocent06:

I never quite follow the obsession with "big name" managers and players as if a "big name" is automatically the right man (Coppell anyone?) but we live in an X-Factor world where celebrity is more important than ability perhaps. As with players I prefer a man who is hungry to prove himself to one just looking for another pay day. David James is a big name and I would still rather have Henderson here. Likewise I would prefer McInnes to Keane, Ince, Jones and the like, Our most successful post-war manager was merely assistant manager at Coventry. Just as well Harry Dolman wasn't bothered about celebrity.

If we appoint Robins, any remaining faith I have in this club will be completely gone.

If we don't go for McInnes it will be a huge statement by the club that we do really lack ambition, personally I think we have to get McInnes if we are to stay in this league and to fulfil our new stadium plans.

All matters relating to football should exclude Lansdown...but then again we have Sexstone, hardly a footballing brain too, I can only hope they look at the fan's desire to get McInnes, but I doubt they will.

No offence, but that is utter rubbish. Infact, it is Robins and NOT McInnes that has proven in the past that he is capable of keeping a struggling team in the Championship.

My preference would be McInnes, but if it is robins then he should have everyones full support.

No offence, but that is utter rubbish. Infact, it is Robins and NOT McInnes that has proven in the past that he is capable of keeping a struggling team in the Championship.

My preference would be McInnes, but if it is robins then he should have everyones full support.

Unfortunately, the fans have made their mind up....

Appoint Robins and this club wont get a lift - fans wont be happy. I fear there will be a negative atmosphere from the start.

Appoint Robins and this club wont get a lift - fans wont be happy. I fear there will be a negative atmosphere from the start.

sadly I agree.

its not the be all and end all but the board really need to think about fans reaction to the appointment.

I fear for Robins if he has a difficult start because some fans will be waiting to turn on him because he wasnt the popular choice.

I couldnt agree more. I would do my best to be as positive as possible, but just feel this is not the right appointment and would be extremely disappointed with this

I think yer pretty spot on here

Archived