IGNORED

No Announcement Today

Bar BS3

To put my earlier point across more clearly, the longer we hear nothing from Perth, the more it looks like McInnes will be appointed our next manager. For why would Del keep quiet about not being appointed, he would then owe his loyalty to St.Johnstone not to Bristol City (who would've turned him down)?

Skybet just twitted

We have suspended betting on Derek McInnes being named the next Bristol City manager

Hasn't it already been said that there will be no announcement as it would disrupt today's pre match preparation.

No source needed for that bit of info.

Has it? I hadn't seen that stated anywhere. Source?

I had actually fully expected it to be anounced today in order to give the players a lift and reason to impress in tonights game, as is often the case with a new man in charge.

I didn't expect them to be in charge of the team, but thought they would be in the stands to cast an eye over the team. Whoever it is, neither Robins or McInnes are expected to be at the game tonight.

Skybet just twitted

We have suspended betting on Derek McInnes being named the next Bristol City manager

.. And Robins, or just McInnes?

With a decision having been made, I would say that speaks volumes for who has got the job, if indeed only one of them has had betting suspended.

This would suggest why betting on McInnes has been suspended.

Could just as easily be to say that he is staying put after talks with us. Hopefully it is to announce his resignation! :fingerscrossed:

Or to announce that Gary McCallister is there new manager :fingerscrossed:

To put my earlier point across more clearly, the longer we hear nothing from Perth, the more it looks like McInnes will be appointed our next manager. For why would Del keep quiet about not being appointed, he would then owe his loyalty to St.Johnstone not to Bristol City (who would've turned him down)?

Not saying ive been told nothing but this could just be because city asked SJ to keep it quiet as there was only 2 in the running and if they announced hes still there then it would be obvious MR has the job.

Just a thought

Me, nothing!

Thought you knew that's all, no drama.

No, I only know what i have said that i know.

The press conference certainly makes it more likely to be McD, but like i said, it could be to announce that he is staying put.

With SJ, again (totally entitled to do so, so not critisism) coming out first with breaking news, as they did with the thumbs up to approach McInnes, this could actually lead to an earlier announcement from us, than I said this morning. Although it would make sense to announce it tomorrow, if contracts are finalised, should he resign from SJ at 3pm today.

I assume he will not get to London intime for tonights game, which wouldn't look great if he was to be officially announced today.

We shall see! :fingerscrossed:

Er the topic on the StJ forum titled 'Press Conference at 3pm' then goes on to say 'The stone roses are reforming' :facepalm:

It was on here for a while and I binned it, only because some wise-guy started a new topic with that 'announcement' and for the sake of sanity I didn't want people logging on and reading poor taste info.

Yes normally it might be funny but on something as important as this, especially for people who are trying to read on phones etc, common sense maybe?

No, I only know what i have said that i know.

The press conference certainly makes it more likely to be McD, but like i said, it could be to announce that he is staying put.

With SJ, again (totally entitled to do so, so not critisism) coming out first with breaking news, as they did with the thumbs up to approach McInnes, this could actually lead to an earlier announcement from us, than I said this morning. Although it would make sense to announce it tomorrow, if contracts are finalised, should he resign from SJ at 3pm today.

I assume he will not get to London intime for tonights game, which wouldn't look great if he was to be officially announced today.

We shall see! :fingerscrossed:

Thought you might have known more than you were letting on, my mistake.

Its equally likely that he's staying or coming here, weird situation.

It was on here for a while and I binned it, only because some wise-guy started a new topic with that 'announcement' and for the sake of sanity I didn't want people logging on and reading poor taste info.

Yes normally it might be funny but on something as important as this, especially for people who are trying to read on phones etc, common sense maybe?

Yeah but it's a forum not a government document, it's a bit of a laugh, a sounding board but should never be taken too seriously.

Yeah but it's a forum not a government document, it's a bit of a laugh, a sounding board but should never be taken too seriously.

I agree, if it had been part of a thread I prob would have left it, maybe I should have merged it in with one of the many, many topics. I just read it and thought 'ha ha, idiot' and thought I'd save people from doing the same.

I agree, if it had been part of a thread I prob would have left it, maybe I should have merged it in with one of the many, many topics. I just read it and thought 'ha ha, idiot' and thought I'd save people from doing the same.

I see your point, I had a little chuckle as it relieved the tension somewhat.

Most exciting time in ages, until the relegation battle.

Sorry guys, reported on Radio Scotland that there will be no announcement until Thursday. Poor show from the point of view of Saints and Bristol City fans alike. This is more likely to have came from the board of Bristol City than ourselves so for your sake, I'd hate to think someone like Portsmouth may nip in while they dither.

Archived