IGNORED

St Johnstone Fc

Southport Red

possibly to late to tell you this but the marmalade with "bits" in it .......Well the bits are the shredded remanats of the crusy build up that is often found in a Dundee hoors knickers... :whistle2:

Ah, ye know Kirkton then, you lucky sod.

NOT. Dundee neds are pretty awful it has tae be said, specially the Hilltoon huns..

Oi Bucks, and Ghostie

You leave the smokies out of it :laugh:, bloody lovely they are.

God knows why there called the red lichties, the father in law is a fan and goes all the time, i asked him once and even he doesnt know why they get called that.

Wierd bunch the locals round here, and to think i married one.

Must be bloody mad.:bonkers: :bonkers: :wacko: :wacko:

Oi Bucks, and Ghostie

God knows why there called the red lichties, the father in law is a fan and goes all the time, i asked him once and even he doesnt know why they get called that.

Another saints fan here, lichtie is an old scots word for light. They used to have a red light in the harbour to help fishing boats navigate back from sea. That's where the nickname the red lichties is taken from.

I've been following the forum all week and have to say I've really enjoyed it even though it probably means you're getting del. anyway good luck this season and I'm sure del will do a great job for city.

Oi Bucks, and Ghostie

Now sit up and pay attention

Lichties - I'm guessing it's from the old Scottish Calvanist religious sects Auld Lichts and New Lichts (so they would together be Lichties)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Burgher

J.M.Barrie of Peter Pan fame was born in Kirriemuir and his first serious novel was called Auld Licht Idylls and was a set of stories about the Auld Licht sect - and was set in the fictional village of Thrums which is placed near Glen Quaharity (in Angus).

(Aside) type Quaharity into Google and you get ONE hit

As Bristol City, fans don't you think we should audition a few more sets of fans before taking a decision on this and then wait till someone else comes back from holiday before faffing around a bit more? Then maybe take a decision. I'd like to consult my son about this too .

Hee hee. :winner_third_h4h:

As Bristol City, fans don't you think we should audition a few more sets of fans before taking a decision on this and then wait till someone else comes back from holiday before faffing around a bit more? Then maybe take a decision. I'd like to consult my son about this too .

Of course we should, especially if a set of fans we don't really want can be spotted in the stands at the Brum game by Kachina.

Mind you, it might be a tricky excercise to photo shop 3,000 fans in reception at the Marriott Bristol!

Archived