IGNORED

How Long Before Mcinnes Realises

Robbored

Perfect example today of a tired Birmingham team beating City without barely breaking sweat. They were far and away the superior side, filled with PL experience all expect Marlon King.

City huffed and puffed but created very little. Too many long balls, too many 'balls into the channels' and a lack of quality when they did eventually get into decent positions. Birmingham's time wasting 'keeper made one decent save all game. It was almost as we don't have a new manager.

McInnes will have learnt more today about his inherited squad than he would in several weeks training. He's now got to find a way of lifting the players and designing a formation and style of play for Oakwell on saturday.

Bottom line is that the City squad just ain't good enough.

Perfect example today of a tired Birmingham team beating City without barely breaking sweat. They were far and away the superior side, filled with PL experience all expect Marlon King.

City huffed and puffed but created very little. Too many long balls, too many 'balls into the channels' and a lack of quality when they did eventually get into decent positions. Birmingham's time wasting 'keeper made one decent save all game. It was almost as we don't have a new manager.

McInnes will have learnt more today about his inherited squad than he would in several weeks training. He's now got to find a way of lifting the players and designing a formation and style of play for Oakwell on saturday.

Rubbish. Our squad is as good as 2/3rds of all the squads in this division and certainly better then the squad that Johnson almost got us to the prem with,.

The players are devoid of ideas confidence and commitment which a decent manager should be able to bring out in them. Give him and them the time you afforded Millen.

If that is the case then that is an absolutely shocking indictment of Millen, Coppell and Johnson as well as the board.

Personally I think they are more than good enough and its another 5% in their performance, brought about by confidence, that will see us move up the table but Rome took a while to re-build.

Quite agree players not good enough, as I said in another thread, should have got 6 million for Maynard and rebuilt the team when the board had the chance. I know posters will say he is our best player, but what is he worth now? Won't sign a new contract, should have been told, NO SIGN, NO LONGER A CITY PLAYER. He will go in January, CUT PRICE.

So you think Blackpool and Swansea got promoted with significantly better squads?

yes absolutely! swansea were a class side who played us off the park! just look at the quality they had when in championship, sinclair, tate, monk, pratley, williams, dyer, britton. Blackpool had confidence under holloway and quality which is something we don't have!! I'll be honest, I think we are very much an overated team.

We're missing a ball winning centre half, if we can get a decent one in we'll do enough to stay up. Stewart was dreadful today, a new leader at the back will give the rest of the players more confidence to play with a bit more freedom.

Was he ? Him & Fonts weren't the problem.

So you think Blackpool and Swansea got promoted with significantly better squads?

I think this angle is seriously over-played. Did Swansea and Blackpool have significantly better squads than us? Possibly not in some people opinions, I would say they did, but when you look at the quality of some of their individual players, you can certainly understand how they managed so much better at this level than we have so far this season. Blackpool had Charlie Adam in their central midfield, we've got nothing even remotely comparable. Swansea had Scott Sinclair, essentially an Albert Adomah that regularly scores goals. Sometimes in this division where teams are so evenly matched, one key man really can make all the difference. We have decent players in Maynard, Adomah, Pitman, maybe a few others, but they're not the type of player that can really transform a whole teams performance.

yes absolutely! swansea were a class side who played us off the park! just look at the quality they had when in championship, sinclair, tate, monk, pratley, williams, dyer, britton. Blackpool had confidence under holloway and quality which is something we don't have!! I'll be honest, I think we are very much an overated team.

We beat them 1-0 on their own turf.

Blackpool didn't have a squad like we do, Blackpool just had fantastic team spirit and confidence and a way of playing which suited their players well. We have good enough players (apart from goalkeeper) but not a good enough system or team spirit imo.

We beat them 1-0 on their own turf.

Blackpool didn't have a squad like we do, Blackpool just had fantastic team spirit and confidence and a way of playing which suited their players well. We have good enough players (apart from goalkeeper) but not a good enough system or team spirit imo.

yeah I was talking about the 2-0 defeat at home, and that win was a hard fought 1-0, they still played us off the park.

yeah I was talking about the 2-0 defeat at home, and that win was a hard fought 1-0, they still played us off the park.

The reason they played us off the park is because the system they play is brilliant. Our system is so predictable and offers nothing defensively as we always concede easily and offers nothing going forward as we cant score.

Obviously.. We have to survive and in the summer clear the squad with the players Del doesn't rate. Rebuild and take us forward but all that's important this year is to survive

yes and the good thing about today is that del has actually seen the team play and can make changes.

Archived