IGNORED

How Long Before Mcinnes Realises

Robbored

I don't always agree with everything RR writes but I agree with this totally. There isn't enough quality in the side. Two or three new faces required to stay up. If they do and want to push for top six next season I'd say about seven.

Keeper

LB

RB

CB (Proper)

Central Midfielder that can actually run with the ball

Left Winger

Big strong forward whose career isn't blighted by injury.

Over to you Del!

too many here on easy street, which was demonstrated by players larking about in training on Friday.

Millen might have put up with it, I suspect McInnes won't

There was talk going round the ground about that training incident, and if true, McInnes didn't put up with it.

Perfect example today of a tired Birmingham team beating City without barely breaking sweat. They were far and away the superior side, filled with PL experience all expect Marlon King.

City huffed and puffed but created very little. Too many long balls, too many 'balls into the channels' and a lack of quality when they did eventually get into decent positions. Birmingham's time wasting 'keeper made one decent save all game. It was almost as we don't have a new manager.

McInnes will have learnt more today about his inherited squad than he would in several weeks training. He's now got to find a way of lifting the players and designing a formation and style of play for Oakwell on saturday.

Bottom line is that the City squad just ain't good enough.

Your mate Millens squad.

What's your point?

Don't all new managers inherit the previous managers squad?

Did I not post several times that the City squad is lacking enough quality when Millen was in charge? It's not exactly a new observation.

Out of our 11 yesterday, what players would you say are too good for league 1?

James

Skuse

Stewart

Fontaine - too good for league 1

McGivern - too good for league 1 (man city obviously see something in him)

Adomah - too good for championship soon

Elliot - too good for league 1

Kilkenny - too good for league 1

JCR

Maynard - too good for league 1

Stead - too good for league 1

I believe those players put into another championship team would flourish. We have a squad capable of surviving in this division, it's obviously deeper than that.. team-spirit/tactics/mentality.

What's your point?

Don't all new managers inherit the previous managers squad?

Did I not post several times that the City squad is lacking enough quality when Millen was in charge? It's not exactly a new observation.

You know what the point is, there were 5 ex GJ players yesterday, but where were 3 of the last 4 players Millen signed?. Woolford has been a disastrous signing and whatever their cost Bolasie and Taylor were not needed and they could have funded an actual first team player, not 2 who may or may not make it.

Rumour is he sent three players home for "larking about" at training in the week.

Also the players turned up in suits for the game, which is a small thing granted but a good thing I think.

Almost certainly a good thing, let the ones who actually want to train do it without distraction from lazy team mates.

I suppose Hunt was one of those players, who do we think the other two could be? Looking and the squad and the players that wern't on the team sheet looks like it could have been a couple of our younger players - IF true of course.

Nice to see McInnes getting the whip out

The truth is that league one has improved greatly from last time we were there.

The championship has only 4 teams without previous premier league status and with that comes parachute payments, our squad of players that we now have still has too many players that did well at league one level but haven't the consistency of performance to do well year in year out in the championship, coupled with lack of desire, poor fitness and previous poor tactical direction I genuinely fear the worst.

I think McInnes has the abilities and attributes to turn it around but I fear the board have failed us and them with the amount of games left to do it in.

You know what the point is, there were 5 ex GJ players yesterday, but where were 3 of the last 4 players Millen signed?. Woolford has been a disastrous signing and whatever their cost Bolasie and Taylor were not needed and they could have funded an actual first team player, not 2 who may or may not make it.

You know what? I thought we'd moved on from the past and should accept the things we cannot change. That includes the the state of the squad.

We have a new ambitious manager who will no doubt sort out the wheat from the chaff in the coming weeks and hopefully turn things around.

Imo he has a tough job because regardless of how it came about, McInnes has inherited a weak squad. I was glad to see that he's already looking to bring in some 'outside' help and even more glad that he could see from one game that the quality just isn't there. I've been saying that all along and got slated for it.

You know what? I thought we'd moved on from the past and should accept the things we cannot change. That includes the the state of the squad.

We have a new ambitious manager who will no doubt sort out the wheat from the chaff in the coming weeks and hopefully turn things around.

Imo he has a tough job because regardless of how it came about, McInnes has inherited a weak squad. I was glad to see that he's already looking to bring in some 'outside' help and even more glad that he could see from one game that the quality just isn't there. I've been saying that all along and got slated for it.

No you certainly have not. I've been saying that the squad aint good enough and was complaining all summer long that it was never addressed.

You always "had confidence" in the deep thinker.

No you certainly have not. I've been saying that the squad aint good enough and was complaining all summer long that it was never addressed.

You always "had confidence" in the deep thinker.

Riaz, you have a selective memory.

I defended Millen many times by saying the he lacked the resources but you seem to have forgotten that. Now I'm saying the same thing about McInnes.

Riaz, you have a selective memory.

I defended Millen many times by saying the he lacked the resources but you seem to have forgotten that. Now I'm saying the same thing about McInnes.

:rofl2br:

You are seriously a wind up merchant - But you do make me laugh.

Your above comment is a myth and you know it. i haven't forgotten the fact that Millen spend nearly 2 million quid on players - which, somehow only made us worse.

Lack of resources :doh:

Lack of resources

Can you honestly not remember any of my Millen posts saying that he lacked resources? ( by which I meant playing resources)

If you can't then you calling me a 'wind up merchant' is a case of pot and kettle.

I must have posted that point at least 15 times.

so much for people embracing a fresh start and leaving the past in the past.

People need to move on from the past and concentrate on the present and the future.

Bottom line is for me from the players that played yesterday.

Skuse, Albert, Pitman, Stead, Fontaine, Cisse are the only players with a long term future at this club.

James, Nyatanga, McGivern, Marv, Kilkenny, Maynard, Stewart JCR would all be out the door if I was the manager, they are either not good enough, past it, gone stale or just have the wrong attidue,

But these things don't happen overnight. Alot of these players are on big contracts and are impossible to shift, don't care who signed them, it's Derek's job to fix it, not expecting miracles.

Can you honestly not remember any of my Millen posts saying that he lacked resources? ( by which I meant playing resources)

If you can't then you calling me a 'wind up merchant' is a case of pot and kettle.

I must have posted that point at least 15 times.

Millen did not lack ANY resources - he inherited a decent squad, which included a 6 million pound striker and a winger who did'nt look out of place against Brazil.

He also spent loads....

so please stop saying he had lacked resources - he simply did'nt

"suits you sir", to move on and forget the past because you would have to admit the sage was wrong.............................................again.

"suits you sir", to move on and forget the past because you would have to admit the sage was wrong.............................................again.

What happened in the past is history, accept it and move on. Its a new era, clean slate and all that..............

Perfect example today of a tired Birmingham team beating City without barely breaking sweat. They were far and away the superior side, filled with PL experience all expect Marlon King.

So you're saying you can see why they beat us? Because they are a team filled with PL experience?

City huffed and puffed but created very little. Too many long balls, too many 'balls into the channels' and a lack of quality when they did eventually get into decent positions. Birmingham's time wasting 'keeper made one decent save all game. It was almost as we don't have a new manager.

Because normally a new manager can change a team in 3 hours, let alone 3 days. Or do you mean that it's a surprise a new manager didn't instantly install confidence. That's definitely cause to moan like fk and thusly help our plight.

McInnes will have learnt more today about his inherited squad than he would in several weeks training. He's now got to find a way of lifting the players and designing a formation and style of play for Oakwell on saturday.

So you're contradicting what you wrote in the paragraph above...

In contrast to a PL team, well, yes, no shit sherlock.

What a pot of shite. Was there any logic or thought process behind this?

So you think Blackpool and Swansea got promoted with significantly better squads?

Swansea's squad was very good for this level and significantly better than our current crop.

Are you for real?

Stewarts performance today was as inept as I have ever seen. He is a paceless half wit moron. He not only hinders us defensively but he completely destroys any attack that he inadvertently gets involved with.

I will happily say Damion Stewart is the worst player we have had since we have been in the Championship. Worse than Styvar, worse than the Hoff, worse than Webster.

Sack him.

Lets not exaggerate. He's a lot better than Hunt for a start. They were not the problem today. We were 1-0 dow until injury time where they scored on the break. Our centre-halves, while by no means amazing, are not the biggest problem. We are clueless going forward, we are ridiculously easy to defend against, when Pitman is not playing there is no movement up front, we have no creativity or ideas and there is a distinct lack of urgency. Even in the injury time hardly anyone was busting a gut to get into the box, it was embarrassing!

Stewart isn't great but we have had a few players that have been worse than him since we've been through the Championship and we did not lose yesterday because of Damien Stewart, we lost because as a team we are pointless.

Agree with little bits of this but the overall sentiment is a load of crap.

Quote from Birmingham manager - "We had to defend very well today" - does that not tell you something about the game? Has it escaped you that if they win their games in hand they will go 2nd in the league? There is a very good reason for this. They had to work very hard for that 3 points yesterday.

Anybody who thought it would be any different needs to wake up, they are a top drawer side in this division. McInnes has been their a few days, did you expect McInnes to turn them into quality players overnight? Did you expect us to turn up and pass them off the pitch? What effing planet are you on?

No we werent great but it was a tight game and we would have rolled over lesser teams than Birmingham. We need a bit of good fortune too. We didn't get anything from the officials yesterday.

There is a lack of quality but the main issue is a massive lack of self belief, McInnes has been left to pick up the pieces left by Millen. Hopefully he will get a couple of loans in to give the rest of the squad a boost.

Archived