IGNORED

How Long Before Mcinnes Realises

Robbored

i think part of the problem is David James, he has always been a confidence player and i see no confidence in him at the moment and i dont think the defence have any confidence in him either, great save from Zigic but almost cost us with another rash charge to the edge of the area and kicking again woeful....

Please James start stepping up

oh in answer to your question, i am sure Mcinnes would have realised that we had problems well before he took the job but clearly up for a challenge, and we have to have someone who is up for it and wants to be here....i wish him all the best of luck, he is gonna need it

The players are/should be good enough but to me there are serious question marks over their fitness,

not injuries, but actual match fitness, which raises questions of the previous management.

Nyatanga and Stewart couldn't catch a cold, Clarkson went on loan to Brentford and couldn't finish a game,

too many here on easy street, which was demonstrated by players larking about in training on Friday.

Millen might have put up with it, I suspect McInnes won't

Perfect example today of a tired Birmingham team beating City without barely breaking sweat. They were far and away the superior side, filled with PL experience all expect Marlon King.

City huffed and puffed but created very little. Too many long balls, too many 'balls into the channels' and a lack of quality when they did eventually get into decent positions. Birmingham's time wasting 'keeper made one decent save all game. It was almost as we don't have a new manager.

McInnes will have learnt more today about his inherited squad than he would in several weeks training. He's now got to find a way of lifting the players and designing a formation and style of play for Oakwell on saturday.

Bottom line is that the City squad just ain't good enough.

One shot on target and 41% possession at home says it all, relegation fodder.

I didn't expect a win today purely because our squad is so much worse than birminghams

I only think one of our players would get into Birminghams starting 11 today which is Maynard.

James or Myhill - Myhill

Carr or Skuse - Carr

Ridgewell & Caldwell or Fontaine and Stewart - Ridgewell & Caldwell

Davies or Nyatanga - Davies

Adomah or Burke - Hard, but Burke due to his end product

Marv & Kilkenny or Fahey and Gomis - Fahey and Gomis

Jcr or Beausejour - Beausejour

Maynard or King - Maynard

Wood or Stead - Wood.

...They were far and away the superior side...

wow, I actually thought they weren't any better than us, just took their few chances

Thought a bloke behind me on the way out hit the nail on the head, "It's a good job DM see's city like this rather than a trying to impress performance, that's the only way he judge the problems he's facing" - listening to DM's interview afterwards he came across to me like our problems are obvious and is already talking about getting loanees in - DM will sort the rot out, if he can't no one can!

Perfect example today of a tired Birmingham team beating City without barely breaking sweat. They were far and away the superior side, filled with PL experience all expect Marlon King.

City huffed and puffed but created very little. Too many long balls, too many 'balls into the channels' and a lack of quality when they did eventually get into decent positions. Birmingham's time wasting 'keeper made one decent save all game. It was almost as we don't have a new manager.

McInnes will have learnt more today about his inherited squad than he would in several weeks training. He's now got to find a way of lifting the players and designing a formation and style of play for Oakwell on saturday.

I think McInnes has already realised. In his player interview he refers to a lack of balance in the squad and to playing square pegs in round holes (perhaps referring to Skuse). It also looks like he is already thinking about moving into the loan market

I think he's realised the first thing to sort out is fitness. They simply aren't fit enough to compete at this level at the moment. They need to get back to somewhere near the levels GJ had them at.

I didn't expect a win today purely because our squad is so much worse than birminghams

I only think one of our players would get into Birminghams starting 11 today which is Maynard.

James or Myhill - Myhill

Carr or Skuse - Carr

Ridgewell & Caldwell or Fontaine and Stewart - Ridgewell & Caldwell

Davies or Nyatanga - Davies

Adomah or Burke - Hard, but Burke due to his end product

Marv & Kilkenny or Fahey and Gomis - Fahey and Gomis

Jcr or Beausejour - Beausejour

Maynard or King - Maynard

Wood or Stead - Wood.

Correct, even if I didn't look at it like that before.

And despite King being a complete you know what..City long for somebody everyone hates.

Keith was too nice, and our squad is too nice!

Was he ? Him & Fonts weren't the problem.

Are you for real?

Stewarts performance today was as inept as I have ever seen. He is a paceless half wit moron. He not only hinders us defensively but he completely destroys any attack that he inadvertently gets involved with.

I will happily say Damion Stewart is the worst player we have had since we have been in the Championship. Worse than Styvar, worse than the Hoff, worse than Webster.

Sack him.

The reason they played us off the park is because the system they play is brilliant. Our system is so predictable and offers nothing defensively as we always concede easily and offers nothing going forward as we cant score.

They were very well organized. Apart from Roger Johnson that back four played in the prem last season. It's going to take time for del to get us playing how he wants. He did say in his interview after the game that we need to get a couple of players in as we are unbalanced. Yes we all knew that but he's not going to hang about by the looks of it. We need to be patient i'm afraid, i'm confident he will turn it around. And for what it's worth Stewart was shocking, he's as bad on the ball as Mcoombe and has a 50p as a head.

Can't agree with that about Stewart.

Today, wasn't great but whole defence was exposed. First goal, Skuse was nowhere (yes I know he isn't a full-back)

Stewart has experience and in last few games has been revitalised, bar today.

He brings a degree of steel and ushers strikers up the pitch.

No pace but brings something for me.

FR

They were very well organized. Apart from Roger Johnson that back four played in the prem last season. It's going to take time for del to get us playing how he wants. He did say in his interview after the game that we need to get a couple of players in as we are unbalanced. Yes we all knew that but he's not going to hang about by the looks of it. We need to be patient i'm afraid, i'm confident he will turn it around. And for what it's worth Stewart was shocking, he's as bad on the ball as Mcoombe and has a 50p as a head.

I was talking about Swansea as someone posted they outplayed us last season and I was explaining why.

Can't agree with that about Stewart.

Today, wasn't great but whole defence was exposed. First goal, Skuse was nowhere (yes I know he isn't a full-back)

Stewart has experience and in last few games has been revitalised, bar today.

He brings a degree of steel and ushers strikers up the pitch.

No pace but brings something for me.

FR

I can't agree with that mate, not even slightly. If McInnes is foolish enough to select him again just spend 5 minutes watching him... I was having a right old moan and got the people I sit with to watch him with me and he looks completely lost on the pitch. He's brain-dead. He didn't win a header all day and that's meant to be his strength?

He was completely at fault for the first goal as he reacted slower than I thought was humanly possible to the ball run by King (Might have been Woods)

We would have been better playing three at the back today and getting him on the first train to the scrapheap.

The spirit in this squad is a disgrace, the players have the ability, but the attitude is ******* terrible.

Out of the whole squad the only 2 I would miss are adomah and pitman, the rest are mediocre at best, most with a attitude that will only take us to league one.

What summed up today nicely was some of the players left out of the squad, sat in the comfy seats in the Williams, laughing there heads off when the second goal went in in ijury time. Total ******* disgrace. And its that kind of thing that will spell relegation for this club, bar a massive influx of new players.

Frankly I still havent seeen anything to convince me that our current plight is down to anything other than mismanagement. we will see how good a man manger dm is by what he achieves with this squad, we will also see how good KM was as well, as i suspect there will be little money made available. What is without doubt is what Johnson achieved with a significantly inferior group of players.

I think he's realised the first thing to sort out is fitness. They simply aren't fit enough to compete at this level at the moment. They need to get back to somewhere near the levels GJ had them at.

We have a full time fitness coach. If their not fit than Cunley whattshisface should be shown the door ASAP.

We have a full time fitness coach. If their not fit than Cunley whattshisface should be shown the door ASAP.

A few weeks ago fitness coach pulled up in Sainsbury's car park in his big flash motor, and parks right outside of the door in the disabled space,.Car park kid went to point out his mistake and was given the full on 'don't you know who i am' stare.

When the fitness coach thinks he is billy big time, we're in trouble.

Considering the fact we all know who you would like to blame for our current woes, 5 of this side were GJ signings, Fontaine evidently had a good game, Maynard is our prized asset, Nyatanga, Elliott and JCR were not so good, but in your defence of Millen you told us that JCR was an asset and 'a proven championship player', so who do you blame?.

The squad is lacking...oh so predictably...a left back, a decent centre back and a creative midfielder.

That we don't have these folk in the side is a direct consequence of two failed preseasons.

Looking on today you had to reflect on the damage done to our club by the failure to build on what GJ had achieved. The appointment of incompetent successors has put us in the mire.

Millen's apologists should take a bow...

I'm probably talking cr*p, but having watched today am thinking that the reason behind why we can't defend is that the defenders get no support whatsoever from the midfield. The central midfield may as well not exist. They are useless supporting the front two and useless supporting the back. The tactic today of hoofing the ball from defence down the wings or over the central midfield to the front two seems to make me think McInness is aware of the central midfield issue however, I personally think by sitting Cisse infront of the back four will install some confidence! Now for that creative midfielder we have been promised and we'll be on on way up that table!!

You reckon? We had a reasonable shout for two penalties - the first when Jamal's legs were totally kicked out from under him as he was waiting for that free kick - hit the bar, somehow contrived to miss two sitters and were awarded one of the most off-side goals against us I've ever seen. And we weren't even playing well.

Brum, despite being gifted corner after corner by our defence, actually created very little, but they had some class defenders - I'd love to see someone like Ridgewell at AG.

McInnes needs to learn from today.He won't have learned much from the training ground, he's going on reputation and previous selection. I have confidence in the man's motivational technique, abilitity to learn quickly and think outside the box and in Docherty's coaching skills.

I was hardly thrilled today, but as in the last 3 home games, I don't think we are a million miles off being able to compete. I'm expecting DM to be able to make the 5% difference that will get us back into winning ways, very soon.

Archived