IGNORED

Anything Still Possible?

Aipearcey

You've lost me there EMB.

I never saw the film.

Not difficult to do that mate, anyway it was only a very small film, I think it only won 3 oscars. Sorry what am I thinking it was out in 2005 weren't you either expressing your man love for Tinnion or your hatred of GJ, either way you would have been far too busy to notice a film, my apologies.

Not difficult to do that mate, anyway it was only a very small film, I think it only won 3 oscars. Sorry what am I thinking it was out in 2005 weren't you either expressing your man love for Tinnion or your hatred of GJ, either way you would have been far too busy to notice a film, my apologies.

Mrs Robbo went to see it and when she told me it was about two bi-sexual cowboys I kinda decided it wasn't my kind of film.

This constant baiting of Robbored is starting to get boring. Not only that but its bordering on bullying. Yes he has what i would say are skewed opinions on past managers, but I really wish that people would cease bringing it up after every single post he makes.

I agree, although he does at times seem to almost relish being the victim. Nevertheless for some reason quite a few on here keep having a go at him at virtually every opportunity.

I'm surprised he keeps posting!

Oh and back on topic, FWIW I would consider this a very successful season if we finish out of the bottom 3. :fingerscrossed:

This constant baiting of Robbored is starting to get boring. Not only that but its bordering on bullying. Yes he has what i would say are skewed opinions on past managers, but I really wish that people would cease bringing it up after every single post he makes.

if you are going to make RR the victim here, at least get your facts right. The very first mention of the past manager you allude made on this thread was made by.................................................you've guessed it RR.

if you are going to make RR the victim here, at least get your facts right. The very first mention of the past manager you allude made on this thread was made by.................................................you've guessed it RR.

I posted pretty much what Steve Lansdown said about the squad not being strengthened after the play-off final. ''failure to push on'' I think he said. I have the same opinion as the club owner on this topic but still get slated. disapointed2se.gif

I posted pretty much what Steve Lansdown said about the squad not being strengthened after the play-off final. ''failure to push on'' I think he said. I have the same opinion as the club owner on this topic but still get slated. disapointed2se.gif

Nice bit of spin, I think you will find he was alluding to his own part in the "failure to push on", in the royal we sense. SL is far too intelligent and honest to blame just one person unlike some.

I think most people agree that GJ's failure to strengthen the squad at that time cost him his job. What most people dont agree with , was your assertion that was what also cost Millen his job.

And I'm sure the owner of the club is still not banging on about it 18 months down the line.

I'm also sure he is not creating petty GJ bashing threads like the one you have started in the non football chat forum.

Fair enough, but don't you think twisting his posts to imply he's gay and into sado-masichism is a bit much? Apart from anything, it's got nothing to do with the ludicrous notion of the OP that we might make the play-offs. I would say RR posts more than his fair share of nonsense and some of his defences of Millen/assassinations of Johnson are beyond delusional, but I can't really recall him resorting to school-yard questioning of someone elses sexuality.

I'm sorry, but you can't blame our current predicament on Johnson - we've had two managers since, who both spent loads....

Plus, we probabaly would'nt be in this division if it was'nt for GJ.

Coppell should get part of the blame - but Millen is mainly responsible - he failed to strengthen and wasted alot of money. I predicted he would'nt get the right players in, and I predicted this situation as a result of it. To then go and blame our 3rd previous manager for it, is pretty desperate.

Fair enough, but don't you think twisting his posts to imply he's gay and into sado-masichism is a bit much? Apart from anything, it's got nothing to do with the ludicrous notion of the OP that we might make the play-offs. I would say RR posts more than his fair share of nonsense and some of his defences of Millen/assassinations of Johnson are beyond delusional, but I can't really recall him resorting to school-yard questioning of someone elses sexuality.

FFS yet again first bullying claims made by a 3rd party and now this. Ask him if he feels the same?, I suspect he has enough guts to say so himself if that was the case or perhaps has taken it in the spirit it was meant, judging from his replies.

FFS yet again first bullying claims made by a 3rd party and now this. Ask him if he feels the same?, I suspect he has enough guts to say so himself if that was the case or perhaps has taken it in the spirit it was meant, judging from his replies.

Thing is in this thread I didn't even realise that I was being insulted. I just assumed that you were off on one of your weirdly wonderful tangents and frankly I didn't take much notice.

Generally speaking people who abuse or insult me do it because its their only way of countering my opinion.Obviously they are not blessed with the smartest minds to have to resort to such playground behaviour. I rarely take the slightest bit of notice although I admit I have used the report button on the odd occasion when I've felt the insult/abuse breaks the forum rules.

Fair enough, it seems to have washed over RR so I agree no one should be getting offended on his behalf. Would be nice though if every single thread he posted on didn't descend into name calling and insults(and that's not aimed at anyone speciically)

Well unless posts have been removed, the first entry I can see from Robbored in this thread reads:

All I'm hoping for is a couple of runs without defeat, 5 draws and 5 wins type of run. That would fill the squad with confidence and certainly keep us fans optimistic that City can avoid the drop.

As for the play-offs - next season maybe if we stay in the Championship.

Nothing about GJ, KM or any other manager in that comment.

This was followed up by Glynriley posting the below:

A couple of 10 game unbeaten runs eh!! It would certainly help get us out of the shit your mate left us in !!

So in fact it wasn't Robbored that started it all off as far as I can tell.

All this is incidental though. It's not so much about bullying, although as I've said, the volume of posts his way could easily be interpreted as such, and nor is it about someone else/me being offended on Robbored's behalf. It's more about having to wade through the incessant postings attacking someone, when in actual fact I'm trying to read about the topic that was posted, and not the totally irrelevant tangent that half a dozen posters seem intent on steering it down. It wouldn't even be so bad if it didn't happen on almost every single thread that Robbored contributes to.

To be honest, this is one of the lighter touch moderated forums I use. The rest have a fairly strict policy of deleting posts in threads that veer off topic, and they're actually much nicer environments to be part of, and far easier to read the topics posted without being dragged off topic.

Well unless posts have been removed, the first entry I can see from Robbored in this thread reads:

All this is incidental though. It's not so much about bullying, although as I've said, the volume of posts his way could easily be interpreted as such, and nor is it about someone else/me being offended on Robbored's behalf. It's more about having to wade through the incessant postings attacking someone, when in actual fact I'm trying to read about the topic that was posted, and not the totally irrelevant tangent that half a dozen posters seem intent on steering it down. It wouldn't even be so bad if it didn't happen on almost every single thread that Robbored contributes to.

To be honest, this is one of the lighter touch moderated forums I use. The rest have a fairly strict policy of deleting posts in threads that veer off topic, and they're actually much nicer environments to be part of, and far easier to read the topics posted without being dragged off topic.

I mentioned the fact that KM had left us in the shit , RR followed it up by blaming Johnson (you've left that bit out). The thing is with RR he keeps harking back to GJ as the root of all evil but we have had 3 managers since GJ left and he still can get over the fact that GJ proved him wrong (as proved by his very childish thread in the non football section).

At the end of the day cityboy , Robbo likes to court controversy and I'm sure he doesn't need or want others sticking up for him. He's already admitted on this thread that he doesn't read posts properly so with that in mind it's probably best he was ignored.

I mentioned the fact that KM had left us in the shit , RR followed it up by blaming Johnson (you've left that bit out). The thing is with RR he keeps harking back to GJ as the root of all evil but we have had 3 managers since GJ left and he still can get over the fact that GJ proved him wrong (as proved by his very childish thread in the non football section).

At the end of the day cityboy , Robbo likes to court controversy and I'm sure he doesn't need or want others sticking up for him. He's already admitted on this thread that he doesn't read posts properly so with that in mind it's probably best he was ignored.

Lets clear this up for one and all.

My point about recent season's of largely poor fayre stems back to the failure to strengthen after the play-off final. That's a view shared by our owner who said as much not long after Johnson left. Since then Coppell didn't stay long enough to do anything much apart from Cisse and Millen didn't find the right players in the summer. 5 of his targets either stayed where they were or signed for other clubs.

The lack of quality ultimately cost Johnson and Millen their jobs.

How these facts are a slur against Johnson is beyond me. People need to lighten up.

The West Ham game will be a pivotal moment on OTIB.

A win = only finishing as champions will do, even 2nd would be a tad disappointing.

Lose = start preparing for Southend on a Tuesday night next season.

A heavy defeat = What unemployed managers have we seen looking at properties in Clifton this week?

This is why we all love OTIB

Sums up this site beautifully!

You conveniently seem to have missed this gem.

Robbored user_popup.png

• m051.gif
  • The forum whipping boy,the voice of reason,the sage.

You must mean Johnson because he was the one who failed to strengthen the squad the season after the play-off final and that's when the rot set in That short-sightedness eventually cost him and Millen their jobs and was a significant factor in Coppell walking away.

This post has been edited by Robbored: Yesterday, 05:48 PM

We shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.

Winston Spencer Churchill

Houses of Commons

June 4th 1940

The most important point is our new manager, thinks that we have a good squad and cannot understand why we are the position we are in. Which tells us a lot about our former manager and certain posters and refreshingly it would appear he won't be using it as an excuse and is acutely aware of the squad imbalance that was never adequately addressed in the past 18 months.

Lets clear this up for one and all.

My point about recent season's of largely poor fayre stems back to the failure to strengthen after the play-off final. That's a view shared by our owner who said as much not long after Johnson left. Since then Coppell didn't stay long enough to do anything much apart from Cisse and Millen didn't find the right players in the summer. 5 of his targets either stayed where they were or signed for other clubs.

The lack of quality ultimately cost Johnson and Millen their jobs.

How these facts are a slur against Johnson is beyond me. People need to lighten up.

weird. you predicted a similar points haul to last season of 60 points plus with the squad Millen assembled. Now your saying he assembled a squad lacking quality that cost him his job.

Archived